Author Topic: Maurice Rioli junior [merged]  (Read 72131 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Maurice Rioli junior [merged]
« Reply #600 on: February 19, 2024, 10:02:45 PM »
Belongs on ball - better in close when he doesn't have time to think and just reacts...if he was one touch he'd easily be one of the most dangerous players in the game already...reminds me of Butler in that regard....:shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #601 on: February 19, 2024, 10:07:10 PM »
Belongs on ball - better in close when he doesn't have time to think and just reacts...if he was one touch he'd easily be one of the most dangerous players in the game already...reminds me of Butler in that regard....:shh

Excellent post. 1st option should be his instruction for every match
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #602 on: February 20, 2024, 12:16:18 AM »
Wonder why
Conditioning maybe ???

I actually agree with you Damo, his conditioning is not where it needs to or should be

It peees me right off
He is my Mrs fav player , she loves his smile and chasing, his tackling etc

I want him to dominate

He can definitely be better than he is

Short sighted people saying that they don’t care if he’s fat if he performs .. get bloody serious

He’d perform BETTER rock hard fit

End of

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #603 on: February 20, 2024, 12:22:07 AM »
I think he’s got bigger issues just with his football. Touch, turnovers and decision making all need significant improvement.

His fitness levels prob dont help the above but I don’t think him becoming super fit is going to magically fix all that either.

Seems much better when he plays on ball in the vfl. I guess being stranded in the fwd like and only getting a hand full of touches a game is facilitating his deficiencies.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #604 on: February 20, 2024, 11:54:31 PM »
I think he’s got bigger issues just with his football. Touch, turnovers and decision making all need significant improvement.

His fitness levels prob dont help the above but I don’t think him becoming super fit is going to magically fix all that either.

Seems much better when he plays on ball in the vfl. I guess being stranded in the fwd like and only getting a hand full of touches a game is facilitating his deficiencies.
The trouble is i think we drafted him  because of the story despite right through his junior career these issues being apparent.

Im not sure what people see that makes them think this will dramatically change. It has been a constant and you either have some traits or you don't

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #605 on: February 21, 2024, 12:06:08 AM »
Im not sure why its a surprise that he is fat and not playing at the level to warrant a senior game every week.

if i recall we were never guarantees to select him in the draft due to some issues we are seeing now. Namely his slow decision making.

Do we want him to succeed yes because the cupboard is very bare, but would anyone be surprised if he doesn't?

Good luck to him. His chances are close to running out after this year.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #606 on: March 09, 2024, 07:44:47 PM »
Not saying he's turned the corner just yet but close to our BOG for the first two & half quarters until his lack of fitness inevitably caught up with him..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #607 on: March 09, 2024, 07:50:30 PM »
Not saying he's turned the corner just yet but close to our BOG for the first two & half quarters until his lack of fitness inevitably caught up with him..... :shh

Possibly for the first time ever, we can agree on something.

Online Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #608 on: March 09, 2024, 08:04:31 PM »
His fitness will come, and when it does he must play in the middle.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #609 on: March 09, 2024, 08:10:53 PM »
Best I've seen him play at the top level.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #610 on: March 09, 2024, 08:17:25 PM »
Maurice is not the issue at rfc at the moment.mauricr at Collingwood or Brisbane would be a weapon.
Go Tigers!

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #611 on: March 10, 2024, 10:38:20 AM »
I was impressed by MJ yesterday- one of our best , especially against the tsunami in the first half .
Unleash the tornado

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #612 on: March 10, 2024, 10:42:39 AM »
I was impressed by MJ yesterday- one of our best , especially against the tsunami in the first half .

Yep, easily in our best 3 IMHO

The work and gut running he did off the ball to try and stop the Suns run out of defence was super impressive

Well done young man  :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #613 on: March 10, 2024, 11:31:35 AM »

The work and gut running he did off the ball to try and stop the Suns run out of defence was super impressive

He may not have the polish but you can't deny his pressure and tackling efforts.

If we had a few more players that had his intent and chase we might have one. ( Dow in particular )

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #614 on: March 10, 2024, 01:05:13 PM »

That in itself is not saying a lot especially when you look at how poor most of the players were.
How many times have we been down this path with him. Yes he looked good with his defensive pressure but we need far more than just that from him. yes he was better than his numbers suggest but the bottom line is he had just 7 touches laid just 2 tackles had his fumbles and missed an easy goal.
 he will probably get a game next week because he was one of few who actually applied some pressure but there is still  a bigger picture here.

Once again we did not manage to kick goals just 9 for an entire game and Maurice is not helping in this.