Author Topic: Richmond vs Brisbane @ the 'Gabba --- 2nd Elimination Final, 2022  (Read 26227 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond vs Brisbane @ the 'Gabba --- 2nd Elimination Final, 2022
« Reply #405 on: September 03, 2022, 12:26:25 AM »
Lots of  games lost by small margins and for me the main reason is skills too many with poor skills or failing that footy smarts.

It was well and good when we had a system that was far superior to the opposition that allowed for us to make mistakes and get away with them.

Rule changes and aging personel now means the system is no longer full proof and the short comings of players are now becoming magnified.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #406 on: September 03, 2022, 07:15:37 AM »
Agree MT.

And there's a disgusting photo clearly showing Daniher kick that goal with FIVE tigers nearby and none of them able to spoil effectively.

Nank and Balta were there, two blokes who played damned poor last night. They need to lift for 2023 big time.
Here's the vision of it: https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/1565688672229347328

Adam Cooney last night was surprisingly being sensible. He listed 5 examples of why we stuffed up our season.

1. Not manning up Tom Stewart which allowed him to mark our quick kick forward to 20m out with 30 secs to go. A Tiger at that spot instead playing in front could've marked it and then kicked the winner.

2. Castagna non-goal. Not only George's fault but Cumberland as well as he should have shepherded the Suns player that was coming across to smother the kick.

3. Aarts playing on from the mark.

4. Cumberland playing on from the mark despite what happened with Aarts the week before.

5. The failure to thump the ball into row z for a rushed behind with a minute to go on Thursday night.

He could've added more too :facepalm.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #407 on: September 03, 2022, 09:26:22 AM »
All this talk about the ARC is taking away attention from our cluster flying firetruck brainfade of brainfades in the Brisbane goalsquare with only a minute to go  :banghead. Seriously, you would struggle to see such Keystone Cops cluelessness from 8 year olds at Auskick level :facepalm. The Club can't blame youth and inexperience in the side last night either as the culprits were all senior premiership players. That level of stupidity has cost us all season and now another schoolboy brainfade has cost us our season  :banghead.

It sits with our leaders and our coaches that we were so amateurish at the fundamentals this year. No point complaining about it in a post-game presser either Dimma. I commented earlier this year in the training thread during preseason that our training standards had dropped and we didn't pull up basic skill errors. Then add the drop in our fitness and especially conditioning which saw so many soft tissue injuries including a number of repeated ones :help. It's all now come home to roost. 2022 was there for the taking and we blew it! The Club and especially the footy department needs a right royal kick up the backside.

:clapping  :clapping

Spot on

Close to post of the year

x2  :clapping :clapping :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #408 on: September 03, 2022, 09:33:05 AM »
Watching the swans last night with their list demographic and how hard they work off the ball reminded me of us in 2017.

Pure hunger and commitment to hunt the opposition with fierce tackling and pressure caused the Dees to suffocate.

That should be us. It’s the Richmond way.

Rob Innes doing a fine job up there as head of athletic performance.

It’s great he was able to find a job that paid considering how poor we are that we are unable to pay for decent people in our football department.

It’s great that Sydney can spend the money though  :rollin

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #409 on: September 03, 2022, 10:29:28 AM »
Hahaha so true. Who replaced Inness?

This year we will look to bring in truck to replace Kingsley, whilst maintaining our soft cap pressures by not adding anymore.  :lol

Worked for us pre 2017 so let’s keep it up 👍🏻

For a club that claims to be so bright, they are making as many stupid decisions off the field, as some of the players on it.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #410 on: September 03, 2022, 03:42:00 PM »
Watching the swans last night with their list demographic and how hard they work off the ball reminded me of us in 2017.

Pure hunger and commitment to hunt the opposition with fierce tackling and pressure caused the Dees to suffocate.

That should be us. It’s the Richmond way.

Rob Innes doing a fine job up there as head of athletic performance.

It’s great he was able to find a job that paid considering how poor we are that we are unable to pay for decent people in our football department.

It’s great that Sydney can spend the money though  :rollin

I seriously don't know why I bother replying to your constant trolling posts about the Clubs soft cap spend

But are you seriously suggesting a bloke is going to turn down a job where he is becomes the head honcho at another Club to remain at a Club as 2IC if we offer him more money?

Inness didn't leave because of the soft cap. He left because he got the top job at the Swans

But I appreciate that doesn't suit yours or Frankie's argument. I get you are both desperate to over spend on the cap and pay the tax because that appears to be the badge you need to quality as a big Club

And BTW I believe Inness was replaced

And as for more coaches on board next year.... as Chutney (who I rarely mention these days but still gives great info) said "watch this space"
But whatever

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #411 on: September 03, 2022, 08:12:18 PM »
There’s something fishy about his whole soft cap bullcrap.

The reason is that things don’t add up and before you start rolling your eyes just ask yourself one question.

If it doesn’t make sense shouldn’t it be properly explained?

Maybe just look again at our AFLW program and when your shaking your head in absolute bewilderment at how the Saints, bulldogs and poor desperate Kangeroos can have vfl teams as well as competitive AFLW teams and (in your own words) we can’t “SPEND” because of soft cap space   :rollin

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #412 on: September 03, 2022, 10:16:10 PM »
I get your point WP.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #413 on: September 04, 2022, 06:31:26 AM »
'Arrogant' Tigers punished

Cornes said the Tigers were arrogant by not tagging Neale and for playing a not fully fit Dusty.

Also said McInerney going down and McStay going into the ruck left us too tall down back.

From 14:15 min mark: https://www.afl.com.au/video/835978/finals-thrillers-pie-s-strange-call-arrogant-tigers-punished

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #414 on: September 04, 2022, 08:11:37 AM »
LOL - At least we have something to be arrogant about. Unlike the poo club that is Port

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #415 on: September 05, 2022, 04:26:08 PM »
'Arrogant' Tigers punished

Cornes said the Tigers were arrogant by not tagging Neale and for playing a not fully fit Dusty.

Also said McInerney going down and McStay going into the ruck left us too tall down back.

From 14:15 min mark: https://www.afl.com.au/video/835978/finals-thrillers-pie-s-strange-call-arrogant-tigers-punished

‘ARROGANT’ TIGERS’ ‘COSTLY’ MISTAKE

Dual All-Australian Kane Cornes has lamented Richmond’s “arrogant” and “costly” decision not to put more attention into Lions star Lachie Neale in Thursday night’s elimination final.

Neale was best-on-ground in the Gabba clash in a colossal performance, racking up 39 disposals, 21 contested possessions, a career-best 15 clearances — the second-most ever in a final – and nine score involvements in 95 per cent time on ground.

The 2020 Brownlow medallist’s masterclass helped will his side to a big win over the Tigers and in the process end their season.

Speaking on AFL Media’s The Round So Far, Cornes believes Richmond coach Damien Hardwick would be regretting his decision to not tag Neale after clubs have had success in shutting him down in recent weeks.

“I want you to notice how little body contact there is around the game’s best clearance player at these stoppages,” Cornes said while highlighting vision of Neale’s dominance.

“It’s an arrogant performance from a Richmond midfield who backs their own structure in, and didn’t realise or want to know that if you nullify Lachie Neale, you pretty much win the game — that’s been the evidence of this year.

“They needed to study the tape of St Kilda’s (Marcus) Windhager, who kept him to 16 disposals, (James) Harmes and (Angus) Brayshaw (tagging him) the week before (against Melbourne) — he got a lot of the footy but not any sort of damage like he’s doing here.

“Phenomenal individual performance, but how you can have 44 list spots and not have one dedicated to a tagger continues to blow my mind. Essentially that cost Richmond as much as a goal review cost them.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2022-week-one-of-finals-highlights-analysis-talking-points-best-ever-weekend-reactions-tim-taranto-richmond-tigers-deal-craig-mcrae-umpiring-lachie-neale-not-tagged/news-story/7497bd60fbaf2885d87178bb94caec3c

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #416 on: September 05, 2022, 05:51:34 PM »
Have to agree through we let Neal run the show and control  the game that was poor coaching performance.

FooffooValve

« Reply #417 on: September 05, 2022, 06:02:13 PM »
Have to agree through we let Neal run the show and control  the game that was poor coaching performance.

I kind of agree, but let's face it, if the ARC says Umpire's Call, or Nank thumps a ball thru for a point, we likely win and everyone would be saying how great Dimma was for sticking to the Richmond plan, and how Brisbane can't even win when Neale gets 40. There's a fair bit of rubbish analysis with 20-20 hindsight, and Cornes is an absolute expert at that.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #418 on: September 05, 2022, 07:06:03 PM »
arrogance is a person that hates your club pretending to offer sagely advice when the club is piped at the post, a stupid person he is  and if you believe his  vitriol you will do your head in

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #419 on: September 05, 2022, 08:40:33 PM »
Coaches votes: (Hardwick & Fagan)

Brisbane v Richmond

10 - Lachie Neale (BL)
7 - Hugh McCluggage (BL)
4 - Zac Bailey (BL)
3 - Brandon Starcevich (BL)
2 - Nick Vlastuin (RICH)
2 - Daniel McStay (BL)
1 - Toby Nankervis (RICH)
1 - Tom J Lynch (RICH)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/837031/gary-ayres-award-three-perfect-10s-cats-star-s-shock-result