Author Topic: aker on MMM after the game  (Read 1451 times)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
aker on MMM after the game
« on: April 20, 2008, 05:20:50 PM »
aker , many hate him but he is a top bloke, gave us a good pump up and said how great we were. said u get what u deserve and a draw is a draw.

said we started playing tempo with 8 minutes to go which is too early in modern footy and said that was due to our inexperience. hopw er learn from that and well done aker for all ur good words about us

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: aker on MMM after the game
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 05:28:58 PM »
aker , many hate him but he is a top bloke, gave us a good pump up and said how great we were. said u get what u deserve and a draw is a draw.

said we started playing tempo with 8 minutes to go which is too early in modern footy and said that was due to our inexperience. hopw er learn from that and well done aker for all ur good words about us
Characters are too thin on the ground at afl level, and aker with richo are probably the only 2 left. However, tempo footy and us starting too early cannot be put down to inexperience as i would assume the runner would run out with coaches instructions to start it up. Inexperience may play a part in it`s unsuccesful execution, but not it`s timing. That`s up to the coaches box.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 06:54:02 PM »

exactly its important the young blokes learn from this.

Offline gonzo

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 06:57:11 PM »
Still a great effort.

Well done boys :gotigers

Ramps

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 07:00:17 PM »
Still a great effort.

Youve gone soft Gonzo, since when has a draw been acceptable. We had this game done and dusted and in the end we let them back in and they pinched a draw.

Offline gonzo

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 07:03:20 PM »
Would you have taken a draw before the game

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 07:04:23 PM »
Still a great effort.

Youve gone soft Gonzo, since when has a draw been acceptable. We had this game done and dusted and in the end we let them back in and they pinched a draw.

i agree ramps, but im just trying to look at the positives.
more than anything i see a big difference in our chasing, tackling, shepharding. about time.

a draw is not acceptable but when your the richmond footy club, any points is better than nothing
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ramps

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 07:05:25 PM »
Winning is everything  ;D

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 07:06:57 PM »
it is but we didnt lose

Offline gonzo

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 07:10:09 PM »
Isn't nice to see the boys playing a better brand of football, knowing they may win  on any given weekend if playing to well and to instruction.  This year we will not win a premiership so lets see the players try to execute this same game plan for the rest of the year and maybe we will be better off in the future.

When can anyone tell me did Richmond win away from home by that margin last week (since 1982).  I cannot remember.  We ran the UNBEATEN dogs all the way today, yes we should have won, but Rome wasn't built in one day.  Based on the last two weeks we are on the improve.  No one expected us to topple the dogs today not even me.

Well done Richmond.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 07:24:30 PM »
lets hope for similar or better efforts over the next 3 weeks

richmondrules

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 07:28:49 PM »
Well done Richmond.

While I agree that it is terrific to see the boys start to take it up to the better teams I am going to stop at saying well done. They should not feel too down about their efforts but the should definitely realise that the game was theirs and they let it go. Not good enough boys. They should not be sad about the result but they should be very very angry about losing those two points. I excuse them for it but they are at a stage now where they need to learn how to win. Hawthorn should pay for those two points next week.

Come on boys, take it out on the Dawks!

:gotigers

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 07:35:52 PM »
Well done Richmond.

While I agree that it is terrific to see the boys start to take it up to the better teams I am going to stop at saying well done. They should not feel too down about their efforts but the should definitely realise that the game was theirs and they let it go. Not good enough boys. They should not be sad about the result but they should be very very angry about losing those two points. I excuse them for it but they are at a stage now where they need to learn how to win. Hawthorn should pay for those two points next week.

Come on boys, take it out on the Dawks!

:gotigers
I agree PROFO, I went into this game giving us two hopes and while it was disappointing that we gave the lead up, i'm moderately pleased with the way we played, there were some really pleasing passages of play. The pressure of the last few minutes will be a lesson for a lot of them, so hopefully they will learn from it :gotigers