Author Topic: Paul Medhurst  (Read 1782 times)

Bulluss

Paul Medhurst
« on: September 19, 2005, 05:40:25 PM »
Theres speculation that Medhurst wants out from the dockers and may look at coming to Melbourne.

I know he is very inconsistant but would people consider a straight swap for Krak?

I myself would be open to the idea. He is very capable of kicking bags of goals and with Brown also playing in the forward line would get a lower profile defender on him.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Paul Medhurst
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 05:58:53 PM »

I know he is very inconsistant but would people consider a straight swap for Krak?

I myself would be open to the idea. He is very capable of kicking bags of goals and with Brown also playing in the forward line would get a lower profile defender on him.

I was watching the Tigers -v- Freo game at MCG from this season over the weekend. 2 things struck me while watching Medhurst.

1/ No footy brain when under pressure

2/ Will not lay a tackle - defensive side of his game seems non existent.

So no, I wouldn't trade him for Krak because you would lose morew than you gain eg a strong tackling footballer with a brain for someone who appears to only want to kick goals

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 07:11:29 PM »
I hate Medhurst.

Is a me-first player, plays for himself, never handballs.

Cracks the poos when things arent going his way.

Gets a half-decent defender on him and his gone for the game.

Shocking attitude.

No way!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 08:31:34 PM »
Medhurst is a hog and I agree with WP has no defensive side to his game - pass!

Rumour has it that Pavlich does not want to play at Freo under Connolly and wants out if Connolly stays. As an ex-South Aussie the Crows and Port will be favourite if there's any truth to it but hopefully the Tiges have their ears to the ground.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 07:01:28 AM »
spot on WP

come on fellas , give krak a break, he is likely to break th egame open next season, 2 preseasons under wallace will make a huge difference to his fitness

Offline tigertough12

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 11:24:42 AM »
spot on WP

come on fellas , give krak a break, he is likely to break th egame open next season, 2 preseasons under wallace will make a huge difference to his fitness

i heard krak wants to be traded back to WA, anyone else hear this?

letsgetiton!

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 11:34:29 AM »
spot on WP

i heard krak wants to be traded back to WA, anyone else hear this?

i have not heard this but if its true, maybe a swap 4 wirrpunda is on the cards

who/whats ur source

Ox

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 01:28:07 PM »
spot on WP

How many years do you want to give him before he grows ??????

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2005, 02:32:01 PM »
Whilst i think pavlic will go back to SA- rumours are growing by the day he'll go home, in my mind it would be justice if he came to Richmond. Pavlic not being a tiger is the greatest recruiting tragedy our club has had over the past 10 years. Im not sure if Krak wants to go home, but if this is the case then certainly Krakouer Gaspar and Pick 8 may get Pavlic....but sadly i doubt it very much.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2005, 06:15:08 PM »
Krakouer Gaspar and Pick 8 may get Pavlic....but sadly i doubt it very much.

i wish, how gr8 would that be if it happened

Offline Tiv

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2005, 04:21:46 PM »
Medhurst is a gifted player. Having him up forward I am sure Richo and Browny would teach him well. Wallace is a genius, Connolly is a clown, how many Freo players have moved on and blossomed?? There is yr answer whether to try and get Medhurst or not.

Krakouer has been here a while and I dont think he is enjoying it too much. I am sure you will see Krakouer at his best in WA. Climate and surroundings can change a man. Let him go for his sake.

Imagine Richo, Browny, Pettifer & Medhurst...throw in Simmonds & Pattison and we could have one lethal forward line!

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2005, 04:44:45 PM »
Medhurst is a gifted player. Having him up forward I am sure Richo and Browny would teach him well. Wallace is a genius, Connolly is a clown, how many Freo players have moved on and blossomed?? There is yr answer whether to try and get Medhurst or not.

Krakouer has been here a while and I dont think he is enjoying it too much. I am sure you will see Krakouer at his best in WA. Climate and surroundings can change a man. Let him go for his sake.

Imagine Richo, Browny, Pettifer & Medhurst...throw in Simmonds & Pattison and we could have one lethal forward line!

Medhurst & Pettifer in the same forward line ?  Cant see too much defensive pressure being applied.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 05:16:10 PM »

Medhurst & Pettifer in the same forward line ?  Cant see too much defensive pressure being applied.

bit harsh on petts , some of his tackling this year and defensive efforts have been prety good

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2005, 07:36:12 PM »
Pettifer + Medhurst + 31yo Richo = poo defensive pressure.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2005, 02:40:24 AM »
Medhurst by all reports will re-sign with Freo early next week.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,16689331%255E36035,00.html
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 02:50:30 AM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd