Author Topic: Liam McBean [merged]  (Read 167774 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Pick 33: Liam McBean
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2012, 10:01:03 AM »
How many years before we see any benefit??

tony_montana

« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2012, 10:31:58 AM »
I doubt we'll see any

nothing personal Id love to be proven very wrong, just not my type of player.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2012, 11:42:50 AM »
You know what brings a tear to my eye?  cutting onions. Or .. when I have been cutting up chilli and I forget and rub my eyes, that will do it too.

Try taking a leak after cutting chilli, that'll get the tear ducts working

lol, been there done that :lol...wasnt funny at the time, just about needed the damn fire hose
To make matters worse I was sprung by my 10 year old son trying to wash the affected parts in a wash basin :o Oh well...... he takes great joy retelling that story at family get togethers ;D BTW it didn't put me off chilli's...I have over 30 plants growing in my backyard....I can't get enough of it.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2012, 11:43:56 AM »
I doubt we'll see any

nothing personal Id love to be proven very wrong, just not my type of player.
He may well be the type to take advantage of the evolving ruck and interchange rules though ;)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2012, 11:47:30 AM »
The most important talent a player of this height must have is the ability to take a grab. There is no benefit being in the stratosphere if you cannot consistently pluck the ball out of the air.
If he can't do that he won't make it IMHO!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2012, 12:06:02 PM »
The most important talent a player of this height must have is the ability to take a grab. There is no benefit being in the stratosphere if you cannot consistently pluck the ball out of the air.
If he can't do that he won't make it IMHO!

Saw some highlights of him taking a few good grabs. I know they are just highlights but they show the ability is there

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2012, 02:12:14 PM »
Super talented and can take a grab. Was rated ahead of Daniher @ Aberfeldie until about 12-18 months ago.

Problem is that during his late junior career he was effectively left to play where and how he liked. As such, his game has evolved to be very 'outside'. Avoids contact in the ruck and other positions. Also has never been committed to putting on muscle.

That's what Richmond are focusing on in his development.

He may find that football at the elite level is not for him when he has to curb his natural game and play a more physical and accountable style, however if he can adapt to this he has all the talent in the world to make it.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2012, 11:41:05 AM »
strong post Dooks.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2012, 11:42:51 AM »
Super talented and can take a grab. Was rated ahead of Daniher @ Aberfeldie until about 12-18 months ago.

Problem is that during his late junior career he was effectively left to play where and how he liked. As such, his game has evolved to be very 'outside'. Avoids contact in the ruck and other positions. Also has never been committed to putting on muscle.

That's what Richmond are focusing on in his development.

He may find that football at the elite level is not for him when he has to curb his natural game and play a more physical and accountable style, however if he can adapt to this he has all the talent in the world to make it.

Pretty sure I already replied to this but I will go again anyway. Where did you steal this from, PRE or BF? You wouldn't have a clue about McBean

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2012, 03:22:17 AM »
strong post Dooks.

:cheers

From the horse whisperer's mouth ;)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: December 03, 2012, 07:30:34 AM »
Yesss bigman  :clapping
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #116 on: December 03, 2012, 09:26:37 AM »

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #117 on: December 03, 2012, 01:09:28 PM »
There's nothing more sad than a person who acts like they have inside info. You're just a normal supporter like the rest of, Adam. Go back to Y&B

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2012, 03:31:12 PM »
There's nothing more sad than a person who acts like they have inside info. You're just a normal supporter like the rest of, Adam. Go back to Y&B

You know, there's a lot to be said about the pleasure involved in being Envied by someone  :lol

Get me off big man yesssss  :clapping

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #119 on: December 03, 2012, 04:36:04 PM »

You know, there's a lot to be said about the pleasure involved in being Envied by someone  :lol

Get me off big man yesssss  :clapping

God I love you