Author Topic: Liam McBean [merged]  (Read 167812 times)

tony_montana

Re: Liam McBean [merged]
« Reply #450 on: July 05, 2014, 03:48:21 PM »
kicked 5 today tidyman

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #451 on: July 05, 2014, 03:57:57 PM »
Didn't he only get 4 touches 2 weeks back in the 2's?

Then he gets 15 touches and a goal this week.  He is still a work in progress clearly, very up and down.

i raise you vickery, Aaron edwards, Shane Tambling, Hampson.

You like a few others are completely missing the point. We have players who deliver similar stats in the one's consistently so whats the difference?????

Play the kid and give him some game time FFS, and permanently leave the worst player i have ever seen in Angus hampson out of the side.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #452 on: July 05, 2014, 06:16:51 PM »
Didn't he only get 4 touches 2 weeks back in the 2's?

Then he gets 15 touches and a goal this week.  He is still a work in progress clearly, very up and down.

i raise you vickery, Aaron edwards, Shane Tambling, Hampson.

You like a few others are completely missing the point. We have players who deliver similar stats in the one's consistently so whats the difference?????

Play the kid and give him some game time FFS, and permanently leave the worst player i have ever seen in Angus hampson out of the side.

I'm just sayin he is up n down. You would want to be careful who and when you play him. I'd hate to see him smashed by some fullback, drop a key mark in front of 80K and mentally never recover from it.

We have to cull a lot of the aged at the end of the year too.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #453 on: July 05, 2014, 06:37:32 PM »
Fair enough but a few things

1. We won't be playing in front of 80k this year and possibly next

2. Our season is over

3. He needs game time and we have shitkilda, GWS coming up

What's the worse thing that could happen by playing him.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #454 on: July 05, 2014, 06:42:36 PM »
Angus, our season has been over for weeks and our brains trust (and I use that term very loosely) has shown no inclination to give kids opportunities this year.

So why would they start now?

Can't have it. It's not our way....sadly
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 10:27:12 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #455 on: July 05, 2014, 07:26:07 PM »
I agree Angus, against the lower sides, go for it, play him.

You're dead right we wont play against 80K again this year.

St Kilda yes, GWS yes.

Collingwood at the G no. Not that I checked our fixture, do we play them again?

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #456 on: July 05, 2014, 07:34:17 PM »
I agree Angus, against the lower sides, go for it, play him.

You're dead right we wont play against 80K again this year.

St Kilda yes, GWS yes.

Collingwood at the G no. Not that I checked our fixture, do we play them again?

Nope only play Essendon out of the Big 4 twice this year - which is another baffling thing that I'd hope the club is questioning the AFL about but suspect are not. Should play the other 3 twice every year like they all do against each other, regardless of where they finish.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #457 on: July 06, 2014, 02:43:39 PM »

The difference being they are getting similar stats in a much, much harder competition. Before you sook though I agree now that the season is shot play the kids no matter what

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #458 on: July 06, 2014, 02:46:58 PM »

The difference being they are getting similar stats in a much, much harder competition. Before you sook though I agree now that the season is shot play the kids no matter what

D you think it's easier for McBean to play forward with Williams bannfield Darrou passing the ball to him?

Or deledio cotchin Martin ?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #459 on: July 06, 2014, 03:12:05 PM »

D you think it's easier for McBean to play forward with Williams bannfield Darrou passing the ball to him?

Do you think it's easier for McBean to kick goals on Joe Goose in an open forward line or Harry Taylor in a crowded forward line kicked to him deep in the pocket?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #460 on: July 06, 2014, 03:23:14 PM »
With Riewoldt maric Vickery griffiths as potential forward line partners. Mcbean would not be getting the no.1 defender / Harry. Taylor. Jack on his own usually attract numerous defenders.
Mcbean would getting the best defender currently. Which would not be light years ahead of the 3rd or 4th senior defender. Mcbean would likely have a size advantage at senior level too.

Coburg in the past have been awful. And at times Richmond VFLa bbit of a rabble. Very often some people play betterat senior level with good pplayers around them. Even given the step up in tempo.

For mine - with mcbean near winning the VFL Coleman medal and still not getting a game behind mcgaune aedwards hampson sums up hardwicks backward mentality

the claw

« Reply #461 on: July 06, 2014, 04:27:43 PM »
i still would like to see him play at chb.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #462 on: July 06, 2014, 04:31:22 PM »
Me too. Mcbean rance Grimes astbury looks the goods

Rampstar

« Reply #463 on: July 06, 2014, 04:37:04 PM »
Grimes hasnt developed as much I as thought he would. He looked very very capable early on but he is an ordinary player IMHO and if we can get a decent trade from a club wanting a potential key defender we should take it.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #464 on: July 06, 2014, 04:43:25 PM »

Sounds good in theory, but have you seen the delivery into our forward line recently?

Where does this idea that you have to play AFL to develop your game come from?

Have Geelong got it wrong with Kersten?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI