Author Topic: Liam McBean [merged]  (Read 167818 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Liam McBean [merged]
« Reply #585 on: July 28, 2015, 01:14:30 PM »
Yeah, great time to play the poor bugger, against the absolute best in the comp who are playing the best football we have seen in many seasons.

Then when he fails everyone can ridicule him.....yep great idea.

Well when I spoke with him earlier this year at the Cocktail Party he was absolutely loving the opportunity of senior time. He's gone back to the 2's done time in the ruck and kicked plenty of goals. He's ready, young players that back themselves were one of the reasons we started winning earlier this year.
With Tyrone back and Jack as the focus, he could play a nice cameo under the radar. At least he can kick straight :thumbsup
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #586 on: July 28, 2015, 01:19:22 PM »
Yeah, great time to play the poor bugger, against the absolute best in the comp who are playing the best football we have seen in many seasons.

Well when I spoke with him earlier this year at the Cocktail Party he was absolutely loving the opportunity of senior time. He's gone back to the 2's done time in the ruck and kicked plenty of goals. He's ready, young players that back themselves were one of the reasons we started winning earlier this year.
With Tyrone back and Jack as the focus, he could play a nice cameo under the radar. At least he can kick straight :thumbsup

Yes agree but we could also see Astbury back in with Vickery too.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #587 on: July 28, 2015, 02:17:41 PM »

So don't reward Bean's good form, but continue to play out of form / out of confidence / sore Griffiths?

Is that what I said, go read my post again FFS!!!!

What were you trying to say then?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #588 on: July 28, 2015, 02:22:17 PM »
 :help

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #589 on: July 28, 2015, 03:02:33 PM »

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #590 on: July 28, 2015, 03:21:18 PM »

Humor me

Ok, here we go.....yes I agree McBean deserves a game, he actually should have come in against the Saints for mine. I just feel that bringing him in now against the Hawks in this sort of form could bring the wrath of the supporters on him should he not perform and that would not be his fault.

I would rather see Vickery and Astbury/Dea come in as they are bigger bodied and they have had more exposure at this level and at this intensity that that Hawks will bring.

I just don't want to see McBean hung out to dry and used as a scape goat.

Hows that???

"Rucks:

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #591 on: July 28, 2015, 04:02:19 PM »

Humor me

Ok, here we go.....yes I agree McBean deserves a game, he actually should have come in against the Saints for mine. I just feel that bringing him in now against the Hawks in this sort of form could bring the wrath of the supporters on him should he not perform and that would not be his fault.

I would rather see Vickery and Astbury/Dea come in as they are bigger bodied and they have had more exposure at this level and at this intensity that that Hawks will bring.

Hows that???

:thumbsup

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #592 on: July 28, 2015, 04:05:56 PM »

Humor me

Hows that???

:thumbsup

;D

"Rucks:

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #593 on: July 28, 2015, 04:52:32 PM »
May get his chance now Griffiths is out.

tony_montana

« Reply #594 on: July 28, 2015, 05:08:58 PM »
yep probably a good opportunity for him to get in a decent block of games now that Griff is out. Bring him in and give him the chance to cement his spot. His chance has arrived - well deserved

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #595 on: July 28, 2015, 06:12:47 PM »
Could we see Jack, Vickery, Hampson and Maric all play at once :gobdrop

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #596 on: July 28, 2015, 07:08:39 PM »
Cometh the opportunity, cometh the man  :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #597 on: July 28, 2015, 07:57:35 PM »
I started to re-watch the Collingwood game the other night and I really noticed McBean doing some nice things. He only had a handful of kicks but he ran to the right spots IMO. He took a really nice mark on a strong lead but it just happen to be touched off the guys boot, and was called play on.
He didn't by any means star in any of his games earlier this season but IMO showed he isn't far away. An early mark or a goal would really do his confidence the world of good. I hope he gets another opportunity soon.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #598 on: July 28, 2015, 08:57:03 PM »

Or throw him to the wolves. :-\

"Rucks:

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #599 on: July 28, 2015, 10:33:27 PM »

Or throw him to the wolves. :-\

Learn against the best. After this week (if he were to play) every week after will feel easy for him.

Darcy Moore debuted against Hawthorn 3 weeks ago and booted 5 goals in his 3rd game :shh