Author Topic: NRL thread  (Read 57165 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: NRL - Melbourne Storm
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2009, 12:18:34 PM »
Went in 06 and 07 , missed last year 'good move that was' - Do I line up for 3 in 4 years?

What a great day Saturday was - Still recovering  :cheers
The crowd support will be overwhelmingly for Parra so if the Storm win and you're there CUB it will be sweet waving good-bye to 95% of the crowd at the end  ;D.

How did Hayne get just a grade one charge for that? I know the NRL judiciary aren't the AFL tribunal but if dropping your knees into the head on an opponent lying on the ground is allowed then they might as well go back to the free-for-all old days.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2009, 01:23:07 PM »

How did Hayne get just a grade one charge for that? I know the NRL judiciary aren't the AFL tribunal but if dropping your knees into the head on an opponent lying on the ground is allowed then they might as well go back to the free-for-all old days.

I think everyone knows, though it hasn't been said, that Hayne would have got a week in the regular season. I think its a difficult situation for the tribunal. Storm fans probably can ask about consistency with Smith missing out last year. Personally I think its a change for the better if there is some leniency for a GF. The incident disadvantaged the Bulldogs, not the Storm and the Bulldogs player wanted the charge dropped. It wasn't a dirty hit just one of those things.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2009, 01:41:36 PM »

Pretty simple really, the Storm are embarrasing the Northern states and anyone who does not follow them wants them to lose. Them all getting on the Manly wagon last year proved that.

Gotta win this one.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2009, 01:58:04 PM »

Pretty simple really, the Storm are embarrasing the Northern states and anyone who does not follow them wants them to lose. Them all getting on the Manly wagon last year proved that.

I don't really think that is the case. It is great for the sport to have a team in Melbourne doing well and up here in QLD 90% of people will be barracking for the Storm due to Smith, Inglis, Slater, Cronk and Johnson. Just need Brett White to run into a goalpost  :thumbsup

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2009, 05:07:59 PM »

Gotta win this one.

Hate to rain on your parade CUB but the Eels will win this one. I will be there on the day and enjoying it with my in-laws who are massive Eels fans. They are on fire at the moment and pretty much unstoppable. Sorry Storm, maybe next year.

When its Game Time...its Hayne Time!!!!

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2009, 05:17:43 PM »
Went in 06 and 07 , missed last year 'good move that was' - Do I line up for 3 in 4 years?

What a great day Saturday was - Still recovering  :cheers
The crowd support will be overwhelmingly for Parra so if the Storm win and you're there CUB it will be sweet waving good-bye to 95% of the crowd at the end  ;D.

MT I think you'll find that Goodwin's testimony in favour of Hayne would have carried some weight in the decision process. Plus the fact that Goodwin continued to play without any lasting affects also gets taken into consideration.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2009, 12:51:40 AM »
The Storm has scored 148 points and only conceded 26 in their last four games tiga and they'll want to avenge last year's embarrassment.

I don't really think that is the case. It is great for the sport to have a team in Melbourne doing well and up here in QLD 90% of people will be barracking for the Storm due to Smith, Inglis, Slater, Cronk and Johnson. Just need Brett White to run into a goalpost  :thumbsup
Probably not in Qld but in Sydney some traditional RL followers see the Storm as a creation from the Super League war that came at the expense of founding clubs and the pain that caused. Having the "Mexicans" beat them at their sport would tick them off as well lol.

In 2007, Parramatta CEO Denis Fitzgerald said that rugby league should not be promoted in Melbourne. That was just before the Storm ran over Parra in the finals onwards to the premiership. History to repeat?!  :thumbsup

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2009, 01:04:00 PM »

Gotta win this one.

Hate to rain on your parade CUB but the Eels will win this one. I will be there on the day and enjoying it with my in-laws who are massive Eels fans. They are on fire at the moment and pretty much unstoppable. Sorry Storm, maybe next year.

Bookmarked buddy  ;D

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2009, 02:31:52 PM »

Gotta win this one.

Bookmarked buddy  ;D

I bet it is!!  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #114 on: September 29, 2009, 03:08:00 PM »

Gotta win this one.

Bookmarked buddy  ;D

I bet it is!!  ;D
This could be the end of a beautiful friendship  ;D

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2009, 03:17:55 PM »
Storm by 30 for me.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2009, 01:45:28 PM »
The Storm has scored 148 points and only conceded 26 in their last four games tiga and they'll want to avenge last year's embarrassment.

Probably not in Qld but in Sydney some traditional RL followers see the Storm as a creation from the Super League war that came at the expense of founding clubs and the pain that caused. Having the "Mexicans" beat them at their sport would tick them off as well lol.

In 2007, Parramatta CEO Denis Fitzgerald said that rugby league should not be promoted in Melbourne. That was just before the Storm ran over Parra in the finals onwards to the premiership. History to repeat?!  :thumbsup

Hence the reason why Denis Fitzgerald is no longer the Parra CEO. They guy was a goose.

In all honesty MT, super league is long forgotten up here. If anyone were to despise Melbourne solely because Super League it would be me as my original league team that I supported, the Illawarra Steelers were a major casualty of that debacle.

The rivalry that extends to Melbourne is also the same for the QLD teams and even Canberra to a smaller extent. People fall back on alliances that they associate with the most (The old rule. Team first, then State, Then Country) You may find that some disgruntled Bulldogs fans and possibly even some dragons fans(except me) will go for the Storm as the frustration of losing to Parra may still cut deep. I'm going for Parra because my in-laws are huge fans and take me to games so for want of a better expression, they are my second favorite NRL team.

Oh and also to tick CUB off!!  ;D

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2009, 01:50:11 PM »
Shame Parra are gunna lose then HEY !!!!!!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2009, 09:19:58 PM »

Hence the reason why Denis Fitzgerald is no longer the Parra CEO. They guy was a goose.

In all honesty MT, super league is long forgotten up here. If anyone were to despise Melbourne solely because Super League it would be me as my original league team that I supported, the Illawarra Steelers were a major casualty of that debacle.

The rivalry that extends to Melbourne is also the same for the QLD teams and even Canberra to a smaller extent. People fall back on alliances that they associate with the most (The old rule. Team first, then State, Then Country) You may find that some disgruntled Bulldogs fans and possibly even some dragons fans(except me) will go for the Storm as the frustration of losing to Parra may still cut deep. I'm going for Parra because my in-laws are huge fans and take me to games so for want of a better expression, they are my second favorite NRL team.

Oh and also to tick CUB off!!  ;D
If I followed that old rule I would've had to barrack for Collingwood  :chuck against Brisbane in 2002/3. I may be Victorian but I'm not insane  :lol.

One more sleep before Slater, Inglis and co. go on a scoring rampage  :thumbsup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2009, 12:41:30 AM »
Storm will win by 20 points. :thumbsup