Author Topic: Shai Bolton [merged]  (Read 177118 times)

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Shai Bolton [merged]
« Reply #885 on: June 17, 2022, 11:40:52 AM »
His prime will most likely be wasted when we have a steep drop off in a few years unless we find a way to bring lots of young talent in. I don’t want to trade him but if west coast offered 2 first rounders or a player and a first rounder I’d think about it.

If u think we his prime won’t align with our teams then I don’t see how west coast is better suited. I don’t think they’ll be trading away their first rounder for yonks after getting fleeced for t.kelly.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #886 on: June 17, 2022, 02:50:42 PM »
Im glad he showed a bit of cheek, the individualism and character has been bled out of the game by the sterile impotent AFL administration that cares more about political correctness than protecting the game.

Only comeback would have been on himself if we had lost, would have looked like a real dill and rightly so.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #887 on: June 17, 2022, 02:54:04 PM »
Not a big fan of that either but at the same time,  stuff Carlton
:clapping :lol :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #888 on: June 17, 2022, 02:55:56 PM »
Cotchin literally taunted Treloar in 2016 with the “you joined the wrong club” comment. I think banter and poo stirring is a part of any sort of competitive sport. Bolton didn’t say anything offensive flip him the bird or anything.

I think betts and stack had a bit of an exchange and they hugged after a vintage Eddie goal in 2018 from memory also? I don’t think we should be hell bent on making all our players robots

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #889 on: June 17, 2022, 03:00:42 PM »
Cotchin literally taunted Treloar in 2016 with the “you joined the wrong club” comment. I think banter and poo stirring is a part of any sort of competitive sport. Bolton didn’t say anything offensive flip him the bird or anything.

I think betts and stack had a bit of an exchange and they hugged after a vintage Eddie goal in 2018 from memory also? I don’t think we should be hell bent on making all our players robots
100 %.
It’s all in the fun of the game even Docherty was smiling when it happened. As long as they all shake hands after the siren and all is left on the field I’ve got no issues with it. It’s entertainment.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #890 on: June 17, 2022, 03:08:10 PM »
Didn't like it at all, thought it was disgraceful TBH

If the roles were reversed and a Blues player did it to us, most on here would be baying for blood

Kudos to Jack Riewoldt for going up to him straight away and having a word in his ear

10 years ago no one would have cared less. Nathan Brown did it heaps of times

Shows why the game is so poo now when all the do gooders come for Shai after that

100%

Belongs in the left vrs right thread. The tears on this one are incredible.

Here is our other aboriginal friend who did it. According to Darcy “you gotta love it”

https://www.afl.com.au/video/514040/ryan-s-cheek-towards-maynard-pays-off?videoId=514040&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1601723074001

Afl site said it was cheek, now it’s disrespect cause we have become a nation of softies esp over the last 2 years.
Excellent pick up.
It goes to show how contradictory the commentators are  :rollin

If we don’t get characters we wouldn’t be able to laugh at great moments like when Dermi kissed Duckworth and ran through the Essendon huddle. Love him or hate him he was entertaining for the game.
It’s ridiculous the rubbish they are going on about.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #891 on: June 17, 2022, 04:41:57 PM »
I only wish that Shai had dissed Cripps for being a massive sook & entitled mummy's boy for  picking fight with a bloke 2 feet shorter than him (Meatball)!!   :P
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #892 on: June 17, 2022, 05:22:54 PM »
‘Got carried away’: Brilliant moment that got lost in AFL taunting storm

Ben Cotton
Fox Sports
June 17th, 2022 3:04 pm

The footy world has responded to Tigers star Shai Bolton’s taunt of Carlton defender Sam Docherty in Thursday’ night’s clash at the MCG.

Bolton early in the fourth term ran into an open goal before turning back to Docherty to show him the ball before booting it through the big sticks.

It comes after the pair were part of a three-quarter time scuffle as tempers flared between the two sides, although Bolton went up to Docherty post-match to seemingly apologise as the pair embraced.

The incident has already sparked a big reaction, with Tigers coach Damien Hardwick and some of Bolton’s teammates left unimpressed.

But speaking on Fox Footy after Richmond’s 15-point win, Hawthorn legend Jason Dunstall didn’t have an issue with the incident given Bolton and Docherty made amends post game.

“I love the fact that they got together after the game. This was Bolton coming up to Docherty and probably saying, ‘mate, probably got a little bit carried away in the heat of the moment. No hard feelings’,” Dunstall said.

“And even when you watch the replay of when it happened Docherty was half laughing, he said, ‘yeah, too good, I can’t catch you.’

“At the time no (I didn’t like it), I love the sportsmanship afterwards of Bolton going up to him. I love players being able to leave what happened on the field on the field. You don’t hold grudges, you don’t worry about that afterwards.”

Dual All-Australian Leigh Montagna added that’s “it’s part of the theatre” of the sport.

“I know the clubs probably won’t like it and there’ll be some talk out of it,” he said. “We get that it could've almost come back to bite him on the backside if maybe the goal had of counted from (Jack) Newnes.”

Channel 7 pundits also didn’t see anything wrong with the act, with four-time premiership Hawk Luke Hodge acknowledging that “the game has changed”.

“What people want to see is a bit of theatre. We look back, if I had’ve done that with ‘Clarko’ (Alastair Clarkson), he would’ve clipped me over the ear,” Hodge said.

“In today’s game you want to see the theatre part of it. You never see it anymore because it’s been taken out of the players.”

Essendon great Jobe Watson concurred, highlighting how Bolton went on to finish the match strong.

“I don’t have a problem with it because of the way Bolton went and played the rest of he game,” he said.

“If you had a player who displayed those actions but then wouldn’t buy into the team and the way the team played, then there’s an issue, but I have no issue with it at all.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2022-shai-bolton-taunts-sam-docherty-reactions-response-carlton-v-richmond-video-social-media/news-story/178e668cb61496db010b9a6bc84bb344

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #893 on: June 17, 2022, 08:53:38 PM »
I actually loved it.

My issue was the timing. It's a fat lady singing act. Not when game is on line act. Blues were pigs all game. Would prefer highlighting Silvagni b lining Pickett and getting in his face. That's more weak as pee then a bit of ball candy.

My advice would be do it when you've iced the game. Appreciate being humble brings less scrutiny. Couldn't care less if we are winning.
Go Tigers!

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #894 on: June 17, 2022, 09:39:44 PM »
I've changed my feelings today.

Was just super anxious last night.

Love it today.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #895 on: June 18, 2022, 12:09:13 AM »
What do you reckon will be shown over and over again prior to the next tigers/blues game?

It’s going to be great and the Blues players won’t be forgetting it either so Bolton will have to back himself in because they’ll be coming for him.

It all adds another layer to the entertainment of the game.

It’s not a big deal. Hardwick won’t like it because he’s a defender and hated forwards and if anyone did that to him he would’ve killed them.  :rollin

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #896 on: June 18, 2022, 12:22:45 AM »
Didn’t give a rats coz he kicked the goal, did care where he tried to show off earlier and didn’t take the set shot and blew an easy one in a tight game.  The bloke is an awesome talent but with the usual baggage of being a young bloke on good pretty terms with himself
Lots of people name their swords......

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #897 on: June 19, 2022, 05:28:34 PM »
BARRETT SLAMS “MASSIVE OVERREACTION” AFTER BOLTON TAUNT

By Ethan Clark
SEN
19 June 2022

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick’s criticism of Shai Bolton’s actions on Thursday night has sparked debate as to whether he went too far.

Speaking on Nine’s Sunday Footy Show Damian Barrett thought the response to Shai Bolton holding the ball out to Carlton defender Sam Docherty before kicking the goal was over the top.

Hardwick was clearly disappointed in the act post-match.

“He’s made a mistake, it’s not us, it’s not what we’re about. He’ll be regretful no question, he’ll be accountable and responsible for it. It’s certainly not part of who he is and part of what we are. We’re disappointed but we’ll work our way through it and support him and he’ll learn some lessons from it. It’s not a great look,” he said.

Barrett thought the reaction from the three-time premiership coach was way out of proportion and thought Bolton was adding theatre to the game.

“I just don’t get that. If you didn’t know what he was talking about, you could’ve been excused for thinking he’s talking about someone who’s hit someone in the street,” he said.

“I just thought it was a massive overreaction.

“I had no problem with it, I loved the theatre of it. I get the team component of it and I get his teammates didn’t like it, but I thought the comments were way too extreme for what the act was.

“Have a look at what Andrew McDonald (NFL star) did in the Superbowl last year, he’s pointing to the finger he’s going to put the (championship) ring on, Steph Curry (NBA legend) did the same thing. These athletes in American sports, love them or loathe them, they operate outside the team thinking.”

Former Port Adelaide midfielder Kane Cornes disagreed, and said the statement made by Hardwick was one that holds weight coming from a historically arrogant Richmond side.

“I like the coaching from Damien Hardwick, yes I think it was really strong, but I think Richmond at times has acted a little bit arrogantly in the last three years, so to pull them back at this stage of the year is a good thing,” he said.

“Shai Bolton is playing with a little bit too much flair at the moment, he’s missing goals that he should kick, he’s over possessing the ball, he’s making mistakes which, for a player of his calibre, he doesn’t need to be making.

“I just think he needs to get back to basics with his game, and that’s not a criticism.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/06/19/barrett-slams-massive-overreaction-after-bolton-taunt/

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #898 on: June 19, 2022, 05:36:45 PM »
The only person who's shown any arrogance concerning Richmond in the last 3 years is that massive salty campaigner Cornehole himself.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #899 on: June 20, 2022, 12:00:23 AM »
The only person who's shown any arrogance concerning Richmond in the last 3 years is that massive salty campaigner Cornehole himself.

Yeah exactly 💯 and we got the runs on the board to back it up.