Author Topic: Shai Bolton [merged]  (Read 176640 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Shai Bolton [merged]
« Reply #930 on: July 19, 2022, 05:27:37 PM »
Every club’s young gun Brownlow contender

Ben Cotton
Fox Sports
July 19th, 2022

Richmond -Shai Bolton

Another name who’s arguably already reached superstar status, Bolton (23) is arguably now Richmond’s best player, yes, ahead of Dustin Martin. The dynamic forward/midfielder has produced his best AFL season to date, averaging 18.4 disposals and booting 31 goals while ranking fifth in the league for score involvements and sixth in goal assists. He simply does things on a footy field not many others can do and can win a game off his own boot. If he ever permanently migrates to the midfield, look out. Liam Baker (24) is also a stud, and like Bolton, could do big thinks if he plays exclusively on the ball.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2022-future-brownlow-medal-contenders-young-guns-rising-stars-analysis-andrew-brayshaw-nick-daicos-connor-rozee/news-story/e244b4034fd881629b9adbe9e014d685

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #931 on: July 20, 2022, 12:18:22 AM »
I'd trade Bolton for a war chest.

1. He's currency is hugely inflated. Playing in a successful side / era. Hasn't been tagged yet.
2. He's not heart and soul of club.
3. An indigenous boy from WA always has FA risk back home.
4. Not a leader that we'd prefer to stay and mould next group.

If we were to convert Bolton into 2 top 10 picks we would have a stupidly good 2 years at the draft table to set us up perfectly for future.
Go Tigers!

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #932 on: July 20, 2022, 09:57:51 AM »
but hes electrifying on his day. As BT likes to say in his commentary of our games when a player does something great ..."he electrifies the mob" lol.

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #933 on: July 20, 2022, 11:31:22 AM »
He's our best player and still young.  You don't trade these players willingly. If he was 28 maybe. 

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #934 on: July 20, 2022, 02:14:23 PM »
I'd trade Bolton for a war chest.

1. He's currency is hugely inflated. Playing in a successful side / era. Hasn't been tagged yet.
2. He's not heart and soul of club.
3. An indigenous boy from WA always has FA risk back home.
4. Not a leader that we'd prefer to stay and mould next group.

If we were to convert Bolton into 2 top 10 picks we would have a stupidly good 2 years at the draft table to set us up perfectly for future.

I’m not opposed to the idea of trading him as I mentioned a few weeks ago.
Given the phase we are entering It could be a legitimate idea. I also don’t think he is a Richmond player just yet. He is awfully selfish at times and doesn’t show the grit that id like to see. Not that this can’t be turned around and believe me, if we were entering a premiership window I’d say no way we could let him go, he’s a game winner. But if we are about to see consecutive years out of the finals I probably would let him go For multiple 1st round picks and set ourselves up.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #935 on: July 20, 2022, 02:23:55 PM »
I am not a fan of trading young talent with 10 years of footy left in him.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Broadsword

« Reply #936 on: July 20, 2022, 04:00:03 PM »
Wouldn't want to see him playing at another club. Heart couldn't take it. When you find a generational talent you agonize over letting them go at Dusty's age, not when they're about to blossom into one of the top half dozen players in the game.

Sorry, but it's a non-starter from me.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #937 on: July 20, 2022, 04:02:02 PM »
I am not a fan of trading young talent with 10 years of footy left in him.
Nothing more needs to be said. When youve got a star a matchwinner who is 22 yo you dont trade him out. If he wants to leave tjat might change things but I doubt he leaves.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #938 on: July 20, 2022, 09:45:59 PM »
If this kid wants to go back to WA eventually (Carr might know) I'd be keen to maximise trade value.

Would send him to Freo for Darcy and something else haha

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #939 on: July 20, 2022, 10:20:08 PM »
Crazy any thoughts of trading him 22 years old match winner and once the old brigade leaves will be one of a few who can take over.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #940 on: July 20, 2022, 10:22:27 PM »
If this kid wants to go back to WA eventually (Carr might know) I'd be keen to maximise trade value.

Carr is no longer his manager
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #941 on: July 20, 2022, 10:56:03 PM »

Carr is no longer his manager

Yeah that's right.

Anyways I don't wanna trade him if he wants to stay. Only genuine match winner we have in his 20's.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #942 on: July 24, 2022, 05:09:21 AM »
Will take over as Tigers’ No.1’: Big call on ‘frightening’ star despite Dusty trade update

Ben Cotton
Fox Sports
July 23rd, 2022 11:40 am

Fox Footy pundits have heaped huge praise on Tigers star Shai Bolton, with Cameron Mooney declaring if Dustin Martin departs the club Bolton will take over as Richmond’s “No.1.”

Bolton continued his brilliant campaign in Friday night’s draw against Fremantle, racking up 15 disposals and booting two goals, while his impact with ball in hand shone through.

Speaking on Fox Footy Live post-match, Mooney believes Richmond is in good hands with Bolton as their marquee man despite the uncertainty around Martin’s future.

“We’re seeing a genuine football star just rise in front of our eyes this year,” the Geelong great said.

“If Dusty does decide to leave, this man will take over the mantle as their No.1.

“Wait until he gets 100-150 games under his belt, throw him unto the midfield, he’ll destroy teams.”

Former Hawthorn sharpshooter Ben Dixon said it’s “frightening” to consider how good Bolton, who’s played 85 AFL games since making his debut in 2017, will be with more experience.

“He’s the barometer, let’s be honest, everything happens from Shai’s polish,” Dixon said.

“Shai’s got leg speed, power, acceleration, drives the legs out of contest, and it doesn’t matter whether it’s the first quarter or the last, he’s got the same energy and explosiveness is the same.

“You can leave players in your wake, and he did that tonight. Richmond know that when the ball is in his area, something is going to happen.”

“The beauty abut when you got to the footy and watch Bolton, I watch everyone ahead of the ball because they know he’s going to get it, explode out and do something special with it.”

Bolton has averaged 18.2 disposals from 18 games in 2022 and booted a career-best 33 goals to put himself firmly in the All-Australian mix.

And Dixon lauded the small forward for his ability to play in multiple areas on the ground.

“He can go down back and assist on transition, go through the midfield and obviously impact forward,” Dickon said.

“I just love his leg speed and ability to come out of a contest. He only kicked two goals (against Fremantle), but what he does off the ball and the turnover side is massive.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/richmond-tigers/afl-news-2022-shai-bolton-richmond-tigers-number-one-if-dustin-martin-leaves-request-trade-sydney-swans-best-player-highlights-draw-with-fremantle-dockers/news-story/14dc5df172014466dc9c1ddcdd600c53

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #943 on: July 24, 2022, 08:48:29 AM »
Was completely shut out of the game with 4 possessions and a goal. If he wants to be number 1, learn to live with the attention.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #944 on: July 24, 2022, 08:56:47 AM »
As I've said previously I'd cash in on Bolton's inflated perception. Send to WCE for Pick 2.
Go Tigers!