Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 924495 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1230 on: May 29, 2008, 02:57:18 PM »
Training today was at a sunny Punt Rd Oval. The RFC site had a 11.15am start but they actually started before 11. I rocked up halfway through so only saw the last half of training.

The only absent Tigers were Cogs and McGuane from what I saw. Rawlings in EOTT said McGuane got "crunched" so maybe he has injured himself. Silvester and Cartledge didn't training and watched from the race as they're playing in the state game on the weekend. No rehab group as Cass and Rainesy trained with the main squad. Richo did most of the session and only went into the rooms with about 15 mins to go. I was told he's on light training duties for the next couple of weeks.

As for training itself, there was a clear focus on 1-on-1 footy. The squad was split into two teams with everyone paired up and sticking with their man. Nothing fancy tactically - just the usual run and carry rebounding drills - but with everyone paired up. Towards the end of training, they split up into specific tasks. The young guys - Gourdis, Rance, Cass, Collard, Collins - did tackling practice with Craig McRae while the mids did running goalkicking. Tivs was extra happy with one of his shots that split the middle.

No obvious signs of any changes this week so we'll have to wait till later today for the squad of 25. I'm guessing Tivs, Polo and Polak will be the 3 added but that's just an opinion.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

richmondrules

« Reply #1231 on: May 29, 2008, 03:21:02 PM »
Thanks MT  :thumbsup

I like the sound of what they are focusing on in training.

Offline Bateman

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #1232 on: May 30, 2008, 11:10:08 AM »

Nice stuff MT.  :thumbsup

Did JON train??

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1233 on: May 30, 2008, 04:21:46 PM »

Nice stuff MT.  :thumbsup

Did JON train??
Yeah I think from memory he was out there Bateman. He's got the cast off now with a plate inserted in his arm. He should be okay to play next weekend (no VFL games this week).

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1234 on: June 01, 2008, 03:06:57 AM »
fadoob on Y&B has posted a report from yesterday's training session at the SCG  :)

http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=170471&postcount=231

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1235 on: June 03, 2008, 01:58:12 PM »
Training today was again at Punt Rd. A mass contingent of the media were there. Obviously trying to find the scent of blood after Sunday's debacle  ::). 3 cameras and a host of photographers. They left about halfway through because as one journo said she was bored because nothing was happening lol. Terry wasn't present because of Tuesdays with Terry.   

They only trained lightly for an hour given they have a 6-day break so that's why nothing much happened. A bit of group running to start with followed by breaking into 3 groups to do some handball and kicking. They finished with something to rebuild morale after the flogging. The players forming two lines and each Tiger having a go at hitting the top of a wheelie-bin about 30m away on the full. 5 "hits" from what we saw - Howat, Browny and Joel were 3 of them. They were jumped on by the rest of group.

Nothing much else to report as they then went inside to see some opposition analysis on the Crows. Richo once again ran straight inside the rooms before anyone else as soon as training finished. Both he and Simmo had stretch bandages around a knee while JON still had a protective covering on his arm. No Sugar of course.

The biggest news out of training was seeing Cogs back at training doing a few 100m runs as mentioned in the other thread. 

As usual any questions just fire away?

Tigermonk

« Reply #1236 on: June 03, 2008, 02:08:46 PM »
Bowden is one of our best kicks l'm not surprised he hit it 3 times & supporters want him dropped
5 times from a team of professionals is nothing more than peeweak
This Tuesdays with Terry is the rot of the club  >:( his more concerned with his media spin than the RFC itself
l want this prick out of the club, if l was a coach it would be a lockout session & them lads would be hurting after that performance but l hold Wallace responsible for that lose totally

Con65

« Reply #1237 on: June 03, 2008, 03:02:14 PM »
MT thanks for the training report once again.

Tigermonk...i dont agree at all.  Why is Wallace a prick?  What did you expect Wallace to do during Sunday's game?  Clearly he wasn't to blame for that insipid performance, the players simply didnt switch their collective brains to "play" mode.  Some days you have it and some days you don't.  On Sunday our youngish team simply didnt have it.

As for Wallace being a prick cos of Tuesdays with Terry - whats wrong with that? He is promoting the club. And I must say does a reasonable job of handling the media- in fact from what i have seen this year he is better at it than a few other afl coaches eg Harvey and even Ross Lyon (based on last night's effort on Footy Classifieds where he looked very defensive).

Flogging players - sheesh I thought that went out with the cat o nine tails...We have a young list and a young team - aberrations like last sunday will occur.  It is how we bounce back that will matter...lets see this weekend...Go Tiges!!!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1238 on: June 03, 2008, 03:09:01 PM »
Yep they don't flog players 1-2 days after a game anymore. They're still sore and we've only got a 6-day break too. The only time I've seen them 'flogged' on the track this year was after the Pies game when we played the following Sunday. Plough flogged them on the Thursday.

Bowden is one of our best kicks l'm not surprised he hit it 3 times & supporters want him dropped
Joel hit it once. I meant he was one of the three who we saw hit the top of the bin along with Browny and Cam. We didn't see who the other 2 were through the bodies of 40 players. They only had one attempt each.

richmondrules

« Reply #1239 on: June 03, 2008, 03:17:52 PM »
... We didn't see who the other 2 were through the bodies of 40 players. They only had one attempt each.

BF are saying Cotch was one of them and Meyer the other.

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1240 on: June 03, 2008, 03:28:29 PM »
MT - how is Meyer travelling??  Is he moving at full pace at the moment and doing all of the contact drills??  Is he moving freely?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1241 on: June 03, 2008, 03:42:26 PM »
Cheers for that RROFO. The Cotch legend keeps on growing  ;D  :thumbsup.

MT - how is Meyer travelling??  Is he moving at full pace at the moment and doing all of the contact drills??  Is he moving freely?
They didn't do much of that today TT but yes he is. Last week Meyer trained fully with the main squad and he was moving freely and doing all the contact stuff. Apparently he's feeling the best he has in the body for a long long time. At this stage he just needs to get his match fitness up. I'm guessing he'll get another run with the Coburg ressies this week as there were no VFL games on the weekend just gone. He played his first game back the week before to blow away the cobwebs from not playing for ages.

jackstar

« Reply #1242 on: June 03, 2008, 04:24:07 PM »
I am interested to know how Troy Simmo is going ?
Reason being just went to a gym in Essendon and he was out the back doing strengthing exercises for his knee. :shh

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1243 on: June 03, 2008, 04:39:08 PM »
I am interested to know how Troy Simmo is going ?
Reason being just went to a gym in Essendon and he was out the back doing strengthing exercises for his knee. :shh

He has had problems with his Knee since the Victoria clash. We need to give him time to recover but unfortunately with no one on the Long Term Injury List we can't bring up Cartledge who is currently our 3rd (inform) ruckman to replace him. :(

He will play but he will struggle to nullify Adelaides ruck division in contests and around the ground.

Stripes

Tigermonk

« Reply #1244 on: June 03, 2008, 04:54:58 PM »
MT thanks for the training report once again.

Tigermonk...i dont agree at all.  Why is Wallace a prick?  What did you expect Wallace to do during Sunday's game?  Clearly he wasn't to blame for that insipid performance, the players simply didnt switch their collective brains to "play" mode.  Some days you have it and some days you don't.  On Sunday our youngish team simply didnt have it.

As for Wallace being a prick cos of Tuesdays with Terry - whats wrong with that? He is promoting the club. And I must say does a reasonable job of handling the media- in fact from what i have seen this year he is better at it than a few other afl coaches eg Harvey and even Ross Lyon (based on last night's effort on Footy Classifieds where he looked very defensive).

Flogging players - sheesh I thought that went out with the cat o nine tails...We have a young list and a young team - aberrations like last sunday will occur.  It is how we bounce back that will matter...lets see this weekend...Go Tiges!!!

If you like Wallace coaching style & matchups then keep dreaming cause they aint going nowhere in the future with him around. All he does is spin the media tripe when a real coach would be out on the park instructing, his matchups are pathetic & l'm tyred of the rabble skills being produced out of there & its time March grasped his job properly & put them on notice
Wallace should be good with media his a professional spinner, he should have kept doing it & left the coaching to someone who is more concerned where we are going. l dont give a pooh about other clubs & thier coaches what they do & cant with media l'm only concerned about Richmond & thier skills & how they present themselves to the supporters on the field.
Who tells them to play like that ??? why kick backwards to a contest when they should be kicking to the goalsquare l mean fair bloody dinkum thier rabble