Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 925699 times)

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1815 on: May 13, 2009, 05:02:29 PM »
Hello Mighty Tiges,

I'm just writing to clarify that Hislop and Gourdis were definitely on the track today, as they both walked up the race at the end of the session. We were so busy yakking that I guess you missed them. Also, Sugar spent a fair bit of time chatting to Alex Rance, who looks like he may be auditioning for a stint in a possibly upcoming production of the Elephant Man :lol 

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1816 on: May 13, 2009, 05:23:56 PM »
Hello Mighty Tiges,

I'm just writing to clarify that Hislop and Gourdis were definitely on the track today, as they both walked up the race at the end of the session. We were so busy yakking that I guess you missed them. Also, Sugar spent a fair bit of time chatting to Alex Rance, who looks like he may be auditioning for a stint in a possibly upcoming production of the Elephant Man :lol 
Cheers for that RR and welcome aboard OER  :thumbsup  :cheers
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1817 on: May 14, 2009, 02:09:17 PM »

Thanks MT, is it unusual the coach is NOT at training?
[/quote]

The Slattery pics show that Terry was at training??

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1818 on: May 14, 2009, 03:38:51 PM »

[/quote]
TT, those pics are from Tuesday's training ;).

Y&B, no it's not unusual for Terry to be absent from these light training sessions. He's always at the main 'closed' session each week though.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1819 on: May 14, 2009, 06:13:42 PM »

TT, those pics are from Tuesday's training ;).

Thanks MT
Y&B, no it's not unusual for Terry to be absent from these light training sessions. He's always at the main 'closed' session each week though.
[/quote]
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1820 on: May 15, 2009, 08:51:47 AM »

One thing I like about Malthouse is that you regularly see him getting hands on at training. Holding a bumping pad or throwing balls at players.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1821 on: May 16, 2009, 06:59:13 PM »
Ch 7 showed a snippet of us training today at Footy Park. They showed Browny and Cuz of course running around. Terry said there's so much been said about him and the team that there's nothing new to be said and you just get on with the job.

Here's some more pics from training this week courtesy of gettyimages
http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&assetType=image&p=richmond%20tigers&src=standard

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1822 on: May 20, 2009, 03:14:39 PM »

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1823 on: May 21, 2009, 01:25:25 PM »
Hi Mighty Tigers. We didn't see you at training today. I even brought you a copy of the Melbourne Times and everything. Never mind. Here's my report anyway. Yes, Terry was there. Not so much media today.They did a bit of end to end work, a bit of goalkicking, handballing, and tackling drills wearing those padded tackling guernseys.The group seemed pretty bouyant and upbeat after such a week of often ridiculous media scrutiny. Fair bit of voice out there. At one point three little kids in Tiger guernseys of about 7 or 8 joined the group in goalkicking practice. They each had a shot, and when they managed to dribble a goal through, the whole group cheered loudly and made a fuss of them, hoisting them onto their shoulders. Parents took photo's. I guess it was a good PR exercise after being under siege all week. There were 28 players on the track, so I guess that was the squad. In numerical order the squad was:
Thursfield, Deledio, Raines,Simmonds,Brown,Riewoldt,Cotchin,Edwards,Bowden,Polo,Pettifer,
McGuane,Newman,Rance (yes), Morton,Tuck,Jackson,Coughlan,Pattison,Tambling,Thomson,White,Nahas,
Connors,Moore,Foley,Collins, and Graham.
Of those, Angus only ran laps, so he must be considered a doubtful starter. Johnson put in an appearance.Alroy Gilligan was also on the track, and was being encouraged in his goalkicking practice by Lids and one or two others. This led to a bit of speculation that he might be a smokey to come off the rookie list for the Dreamtime game. Joan asked one of her "sources" ;) about this as they came off the track. But he quickly hosed down any such speculation.     

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1824 on: May 21, 2009, 10:17:29 PM »
Hi Mighty Tigers. We didn't see you at training today. I even brought you a copy of the Melbourne Times and everything. Never mind. Here's my report anyway. Yes, Terry was there. Not so much media today.They did a bit of end to end work, a bit of goalkicking, handballing, and tackling drills wearing those padded tackling guernseys.The group seemed pretty bouyant and upbeat after such a week of often ridiculous media scrutiny. Fair bit of voice out there. At one point three little kids in Tiger guernseys of about 7 or 8 joined the group in goalkicking practice. They each had a shot, and when they managed to dribble a goal through, the whole group cheered loudly and made a fuss of them, hoisting them onto their shoulders. Parents took photo's. I guess it was a good PR exercise after being under siege all week. There were 28 players on the track, so I guess that was the squad. In numerical order the squad was:
Thursfield, Deledio, Raines,Simmonds,Brown,Riewoldt,Cotchin,Edwards,Bowden,Polo,Pettifer,
McGuane,Newman,Rance (yes), Morton,Tuck,Jackson,Coughlan,Pattison,Tambling,Thomson,White,Nahas,
Connors,Moore,Foley,Collins, and Graham.
Of those, Angus only ran laps, so he must be considered a doubtful starter. Johnson put in an appearance.Alroy Gilligan was also on the track, and was being encouraged in his goalkicking practice by Lids and one or two others. This led to a bit of speculation that he might be a smokey to come off the rookie list for the Dreamtime game. Joan asked one of her "sources" ;) about this as they came off the track. But he quickly hosed down any such speculation.     
Cheers for the report RR  :cheers. Good to hear spirits amongst the group are still up. A shame Gus is injured  :(. Yeah I couldn't make it this week (See the PM I sent you) so hopefully I'll catch up next week.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1825 on: May 22, 2009, 10:07:22 AM »
Drove past yesterday, looked like they were just finishing

All about timing I suppose  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #1826 on: May 25, 2009, 08:01:59 AM »
10 or 11 today ??

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1827 on: May 26, 2009, 03:15:55 AM »
10 or 11 today ??
The RFC website yesterday said training was today (Tuesday) but it's now been removed.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/training%20times/tabid/8765/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1828 on: May 30, 2009, 02:19:42 AM »
Some footage of training yesterday at Subiaco (mainly Cousins) and Terry from Foxsports

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/video/0,,AFL%20News_7017,00.html

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1829 on: June 02, 2009, 10:27:44 PM »
So anything on training this week or is it tomorrow and it would be interesting to hear if Campbell, King, Rawlings or McRae get into more than each other.... :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"