Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 924518 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1830 on: June 03, 2009, 05:40:40 AM »
So anything on training this week or is it tomorrow and it would be interesting to hear if Campbell, King, Rawlings or McRae get into more than each other.... :thumbsup
10am Thurs @ Punt Rd

Tigermonk

« Reply #1831 on: June 03, 2009, 06:42:11 AM »
Let me know how Vickery trains  ;D

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1832 on: June 03, 2009, 02:06:22 PM »
There was a closed training session today a Vic Park. They must have let the media in for the first 30 minutes before kicking them out lol.

Wallace and all assistant coaches were present.

Here's some pics:
http://images.slatterymedia.com/photography/results/?q=collection:AFL%202009%20Media%20-%20Richmond%20Training%20Session%20030609&sub_code=all

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1833 on: June 03, 2009, 04:56:31 PM »
Hi One-Eyed,
 I rocked up at Punt Road at 11:05 today, to be told by some fans that it'd been transferred to Vic Park and was a closed session. I motored down there on foot, but by the time I got there at 11:35, they were finishing up. Joan said her goodbyes to Terry, and he gave his old adversary an affectionate peck on the cheek. It was kind of a sad day. Might see you at Punt Road tomorrow.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1834 on: June 03, 2009, 08:31:13 PM »
Excellent E thanks mate, gee Post looks the goods doesn't he! Good size, I would love to see him in action.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1835 on: June 04, 2009, 02:22:18 AM »
I rocked up at Punt Road at 11:05 today, to be told by some fans that it'd been transferred to Vic Park and was a closed session. I motored down there on foot, but by the time I got there at 11:35, they were finishing up. Joan said her goodbyes to Terry, and he gave his old adversary an affectionate peck on the cheek. It was kind of a sad day. Might see you at Punt Road tomorrow.
She kept telling Plough and Miller that we lacked height and size on our list but they didn't listen until it was too late (last two drafts).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1836 on: June 04, 2009, 03:15:12 PM »
Training today was a fairly quite session probably because we have a 6 day break. No sign of Terry or Royal so the other assistants took charge. As mentioned in the team changes thread the team from last week along with Thomson, Rance, JON, Jordie and Cogs trained. Sugar and Gilligan came out afterwards to do some handball. Sugar trained yesterday I was told. Kingy was running laps after everyone had gone in.

Here's some pics from gettyimages:
http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=88150647

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #1837 on: June 04, 2009, 08:11:38 PM »
Training today was a fairly quite session probably because we have a 6 day break. No sign of Terry or Royal so the other assistants took charge. As mentioned in the team changes thread the team from last week along with Thomson, Rance, JON, Jordie and Cogs trained. Sugar and Gilligan came out afterwards to do some handball. Sugar trained yesterday I was told. Kingy was running laps after everyone had gone in.

Here's some pics from gettyimages:
http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=88150647
Nice to see Alroy being advised

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1838 on: June 09, 2009, 07:33:45 PM »
I went along to training today. It was a pretty light skills session. Bit of media there as always. Apart from a short handballing drill, the players lined up and took turns at trying to lob footy's into a wheelie bin from about 40 metres. A couple of soccer balls were also brought out.
With speculation that Natanui will debut for the Weagles this week, I reckon now would be the perfect time for Vickery to get a game and let them go head to head in the ruck.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1839 on: June 09, 2009, 08:26:20 PM »
I went along to training today. It was a pretty light skills session. Bit of media there as always. Apart from a short handballing drill, the players lined up and took turns at trying to lob footy's into a wheelie bin from about 40 metres. A couple of soccer balls were also brought out.
With speculation that Natanui will debut for the Weagles this week, I reckon now would be the perfect time for Vickery to get a game and let them go head to head in the ruck.

Why the hell were we trying to kick footys into wheelie bins and using soccer balls, I could understand if we were playing the wheelie bins in a game of soccer...... please. :whistle
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1840 on: June 10, 2009, 12:34:03 AM »

Why the hell were we trying to kick footys into wheelie bins and using soccer balls, I could understand if we were playing the wheelie bins in a game of soccer...... please. :whistle
With Rawlings' first session they were probably trying to change things up at training and lighten the mood. They did this sort of thing during the preseason. Today is the main midweek session where you would notice any immediate changes to the way we'll play under Jade.

Cheers for the report RR  :). The real question is did anyone hit the wheelie bin target from 40m away?

Tigermonk

« Reply #1841 on: June 10, 2009, 07:10:32 AM »
While all other clubs train their guts out even after wins  ;D we train our players lightly cause most of them would breakdown under hard training. Thats says it all in development of a fit side & a even stupid coach.

Richmond uses bins & buses while the Saints use thier players as targets. go figure what method works better  ;D

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1842 on: June 10, 2009, 09:05:40 AM »
I definitely got the impression that the wheelie bin shootout was just meant to be a bit of a morale boosting exercise in a part of the week that's normally reserved for a light skills/recovery session anyway.
Hopefully I'll be able to report from their main session that they were slamming each other into the ground in gruelling tackling drills, and tearing up trees ;)
Incidentally, about half a dozen shots hit the bin, but nobody actually got it in. :lol

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1843 on: June 10, 2009, 09:33:46 AM »
While all other clubs train their guts out even after wins  ;D we train our players lightly cause most of them would breakdown under hard training. Thats says it all in development of a fit side & a even stupid coach.

Richmond uses bins & buses while the Saints use thier players as targets. go figure what method works better  ;D

I would think that the first major job is for Jade to repair any fractures in the playing group.

The season is shot, get the boys bonding, get their morale up. Get them playing as a team and working for each other.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

bushranger

« Reply #1844 on: June 10, 2009, 11:22:38 AM »
Wayne what you have said that sounds like the right thing to do.