Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 924509 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #2775 on: February 03, 2011, 06:31:56 PM »

Offline dogged

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #2776 on: February 03, 2011, 08:42:07 PM »
Went to training today , all of the players have put on some weight. Also noticed that all the players have something to offer , be it size or speed or kicking skills or endeavour. The key I feel is committment and development, these kids have not appeared at the tiges by chance, they have what it takes , the questions is who wants it badly enough?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2777 on: February 04, 2011, 03:57:22 PM »
Went to training today , all of the players have put on some weight. Also noticed that all the players have something to offer , be it size or speed or kicking skills or endeavour. The key I feel is committment and development, these kids have not appeared at the tiges by chance, they have what it takes , the questions is who wants it badly enough?
Cheers dogged. Hopefully they all want it badly enough as Lids has said and with the current coaching staff and the new facilties our player development regimes will now be up with the best after so many years/decades being the worst.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2778 on: February 04, 2011, 10:56:34 PM »
The boys have got to train in this tomorrow...

mitch farmer twitter (mitchF15):

"Good weather for ducks! can't wait to train in this tomorrow kicking water logged balls shouldn't b to hard I guess"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2779 on: February 07, 2011, 12:58:54 PM »
The next open training sessions are:

Friday, February 11 - 11.00am, Punt Road Oval

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #2780 on: February 07, 2011, 01:52:03 PM »
Was listening in to SEN1116 this morning (KB's show after 9am) and there was a call concerning Richmonds lack of match practice in the lead up to the NAB cup.

KB's guest (I think it was Greg Denham) told they guy not to worry about it, as Hardwick had been pounding our players in terms of match practice and drills over the off season longer than any club, which apparently alot of other clubs caught wind of and followed suit!

:clapping

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2781 on: February 07, 2011, 02:11:30 PM »
Hardwick said something early on about training as you play...and if you loose few along the way so be it.

Reading around the traps there seems to be a lot of match simulation going on at training so you have to laugh at the chicken littles worrying about the possibility of injuries in games such as the allstars.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2782 on: February 07, 2011, 02:27:43 PM »
I'll be going to that Friday training.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2783 on: February 07, 2011, 10:56:14 PM »
Hardwick said something early on about training as you play...and if you loose few along the way so be it.

Reading around the traps there seems to be a lot of match simulation going on at training so you have to laugh at the chicken littles worrying about the possibility of injuries in games such as the allstars.

Ther was match simulation at the Aust Day training session but it would barely qualify in comparison to the all stars game as match practice.
Not that I'm too concerned, we get 2 games against probable finalists this wend and worst case another 3 or 4 regional cup games. That's plenty.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2784 on: February 07, 2011, 11:12:55 PM »
Preseason results are meaningless anyway especially with the format this weekend and the different rules. All clubs are at different preparation levels and some take it seriously while others don't care at all. From Dimma's comments I would say we're in the latter. As long as we don't get flogged in both games which could hurt membership sales then it's mainly about seeing how the cubs go - both the newbies and those with another preseason under their belt.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2785 on: February 08, 2011, 08:55:19 AM »

Ther was match simulation at the Aust Day training session but it would barely qualify in comparison to the all stars game as match practice.
Not that I'm too concerned, we get 2 games against probable finalists this wend and worst case another 3 or 4 regional cup games. That's plenty.

No match simulation will totally replicate a true match situation. I think though, you will find that the full on match simulations are generally closed sessions.

Preseason results are meaningless anyway especially with the format this weekend and the different rules. All clubs are at different preparation levels and some take it seriously while others don't care at all. From Dimma's comments I would say we're in the latter. As long as we don't get flogged in both games which could hurt membership sales then it's mainly about seeing how the cubs go - both the newbies and those with another preseason under their belt.

Reading one of the articles recently where dimma was saying everything was being geared towards round 1, I got the impression the days where the club took this attitute are over. The last thing a coach needs over his head is the added pressure of results being required for the sake of memberships in games he wants to experiment/have a look at youngsters.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2786 on: February 08, 2011, 07:33:12 PM »
A couple of quick twitter comments from Nason and Farmer. Benny obviously wants free boots from adidas  :wallywink

bNason47
"solid training session 2day, but loving the new @adidasAU f50s!!!!"

mitchF15
"Joined in training today it's the first time since round 19 last year one hell of a stint in rehab"

bNason47
"warming up to collect @mitchF15 s cash in RFCPL poker 2nite"

Offline Herewegotigers

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2787 on: February 08, 2011, 08:42:25 PM »
Checked out training today , big session from the boys.

Overall it was set play after set play with two teams , the second half of the session was in four separate groups doing 1 to 9 different set plays in each group.

All of these plays are known by names or numbers with play books on hand.  We are going to see more forward pressure from this club than ever before . Outside of that I would rather not say anything more that I have never seen the club look so professional at training ( been watching since 78 )

Cheers

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #2788 on: February 08, 2011, 09:16:39 PM »
Thanks Herewegotigers.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2789 on: February 08, 2011, 10:07:13 PM »
Checked out training today , big session from the boys.

Overall it was set play after set play with two teams , the second half of the session was in four separate groups doing 1 to 9 different set plays in each group.

All of these plays are known by names or numbers with play books on hand.  We are going to see more forward pressure from this club than ever before . Outside of that I would rather not say anything more that I have never seen the club look so professional at training ( been watching since 78 )

Cheers
I specifically asked the club if the boys would be training today, since I was headed into the city for uni, and they said no.  >:(