Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 925534 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tiger Training - Need HELP for a fellow Tiger fan
« Reply #2820 on: March 31, 2011, 02:57:55 PM »

Hey Tiggers!
I need some help from a Tiger fan they regularly goes to training.

Its my bf birthday coming up in April and I have bought him a new Richmond jumper. I've had a brain wave that I should get it signed by his favourite player.. Jack Riewoldt!

He is an amazing guy, he is in his mid 20's but is unable to work and is on the Disability Support Pension. He has Yellow & Black running through his veins though and even donated $50 towards the Tiger Fund! He is just such a great guy and I really want to give him something special.

I was hoping to find someone that goes to see the boys train and get Jack's autograph. I could post you the jumper with a prepaid self addressed envelope, so its easy to send it back to me.

Does this even sound like something that is viable? Do the boys even sign things after training?? I was thinking of writing to the club to ask but thought they might be busy with the season about to start to even be able to do such things.

Any help or other ideas would be much appreciated!!

Thanks,
Tiffany
Hi Tiffany and welcome to OER. The boys do sign jumpers and posters after training but it's probably simpler to contact the Club directly by either phone or email. I'm sure they would be more than happy to help in your situation. They would deal with these sorts of requests for autographs from supporters on a regular basis.

General Enquiries
Phone: (03) 9429 5333
or
Email: info@richmondfc.com.au

Mailing Address:
PO Box 48,
Richmond VIC 3121

They never got back to me unfortunately :(
I thought I might receive an email saying they were too busy to accommodate such requests. Perhaps there too busy for that! lol
Oh well back to the drawing board.

Thanks for the info
Go Tiges!! :)

Try digital@Richmondfc.com.au and you should get a response
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #2821 on: April 05, 2011, 06:20:48 PM »
The next open training sessions are:

Friday 8th April, 11am

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2822 on: April 12, 2011, 12:36:21 PM »
The next open training session is:

Thursday 14th April, 11am

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2823 on: April 14, 2011, 01:17:40 PM »
I'm in Melbourne to watch the game tomorrow night, so I came with a creative excuse at the office and trammed it down to Punt Road to catch a bit of training. 

There were about 150 people there and we were all shepherded to the outer side of the oval as the grandstand is now a construction zone.  I stopped in at the new Tiger Superstore on the way.  Lots of goodies to spend some money on.  I thought the member/coaches jackets were particularly swish.  Also found out that the FTF accepts cash donations over the counter, so there went my play money.

Gus and Whitey were in rehab, the rest of the squad from last week were out there, joined by Ben Nason, Thursty, Ben Griffiths, Matt Dea, Tucky, Colin Miller and someone said Webbers, but I didn't see him.  There was no other ruckman in the squad, so Gus must be okay for the game.  It was interesting to see Axel and Cotch doing some special warm up running, backwards, prior to training starting.  Must be something to do with getting the calves and achillies properly stretched, I guess.

All the coaches were out there, with Dimma calling most of the shots.  Not like the TW days.

It was a light session up to the time that I left, which was after about 45 minutes.  The main drills that they did were;
  • Moving the ball up and down the ground in a single overlap series of plays.  One handball to a single overlapper, followed by a pinpoint pass, either through the corridor or around the wing, generally determined by the "defensive" general.  They took turns to play defensive general.   The main let down was a couple of ordinary inside 50 passes.  Jack and TV played forward at one end of the ground, Griffo and Miller at the other.  No-one played defence, it was all attacking stuff.  The passes that went awry were either along the ground or over the head of the leading player - and this with no pressure.  I didn't catch who the offenders were.
  • Handball exercises in a very tight groupd, followed by a snap on goal from one of the forwards.  This looked like a scrimmage and moving the ball around it - again without anyone playing defense.
  • Goal kicking, early on in the session, not after it was over, for the forwards and mids, while the backs concentrated on hitting targets from within the defensive 50.  No goal kicking after running hard up and down the ground, mind you.  I reckon kicking is that much hard when you're out of oxygen and your heart is beating 24 to the dozen.  I think that's why so many regular shots are missed this year.
  • I'm guessing that drills with some players in a defensive role would have come later, but I had to get back to the office.  On the whole, I thought the group showed a much improved skillset, inside 50 passes not withstanding, and they looked a lot bigger than this time last year, (except for Robbie Nahas, who just looked tiny and skinny).  The leadership group was quite vocal, but there were still a lot of quiet players out there.

One thing I did note, was that in the end-to-end movement drills, after each player had got rid of the ball, they didn't continue running down the ground to make multiple overlap options.  I couldn't imagine the Skunks at training standing around after they released the ball at training - I reckon Mick would have them sprinting two lengths of the ground, just as standard practice.  Do we have spies at other team's training?  I reckon it might be instructive to see how the Skunks go about it.
[/list]

Anyway, sorry I couldn't stay longer and give a more comprehensive report, but I'd better get back to pretending to do some work as long as this mob pretends to pay me.  Cheers.

gerkin greg

« Reply #2824 on: April 14, 2011, 04:43:22 PM »
Nice one Muscles  :thumbsup

Online taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #2825 on: April 14, 2011, 06:23:27 PM »
    I'm in Melbourne to watch the game tomorrow night, so I came with a creative excuse at the office and trammed it down to Punt Road to catch a bit of training.  

There were about 150 people there and we were all shepherded to the outer side of the oval as the grandstand is now a construction zone.  I stopped in at the new Tiger Superstore on the way.  Lots of goodies to spend some money on.  I thought the member/coaches jackets were particularly swish.  Also found out that the FTF accepts cash donations over the counter, so there went my play money.

Gus and Whitey were in rehab, the rest of the squad from last week were out there, joined by Ben Nason, Thursty, Ben Griffiths, Matt Dea, Tucky, Colin Miller and someone said Webbers, but I didn't see him.  There was no other ruckman in the squad, so Gus must be okay for the game.  It was interesting to see Axel and Cotch doing some special warm up running, backwards, prior to training starting.  Must be something to do with getting the calves and achillies properly stretched, I guess.

All the coaches were out there, with Dimma calling most of the shots.  Not like the TW days.

It was a light session up to the time that I left, which was after about 45 minutes.  The main drills that they did were;
    • Moving the ball up and down the ground in a single overlap series of plays.  One handball to a single overlapper, followed by a pinpoint pass, either through the corridor or around the wing, generally determined by the "defensive" general.  They took turns to play defensive general.   The main let down was a couple of ordinary inside 50 passes.  Jack and TV played forward at one end of the ground, Griffo and Miller at the other.  No-one played defence, it was all attacking stuff.  The passes that went awry were either along the ground or over the head of the leading player - and this with no pressure.  I didn't catch who the offenders were.
    • Handball exercises in a very tight groupd, followed by a snap on goal from one of the forwards.  This looked like a scrimmage and moving the ball around it - again without anyone playing defense.
    • Goal kicking, early on in the session, not after it was over, for the forwards and mids, while the backs concentrated on hitting targets from within the defensive 50.  No goal kicking after running hard up and down the ground, mind you.  I reckon kicking is that much hard when you're out of oxygen and your heart is beating 24 to the dozen.  I think that's why so many regular shots are missed this year.
    • I'm guessing that drills with some players in a defensive role would have come later, but I had to get back to the office.  On the whole, I thought the group showed a much improved skillset, inside 50 passes not withstanding, and they looked a lot bigger than this time last year, (except for Robbie Nahas, who just looked tiny and skinny).  The leadership group was quite vocal, but there were still a lot of quiet players out there.

One thing I did note, was that in the end-to-end movement drills, after each player had got rid of the ball, they didn't continue running down the ground to make multiple overlap options.  I couldn't imagine the Skunks at training standing around after they released the ball at training - I reckon Mick would have them sprinting two lengths of the ground, just as standard practice.  Do we have spies at other team's training?  I reckon it might be instructive to see how the Skunks go about it.
    [/list]

Anyway, sorry I couldn't stay longer and give a more comprehensive report, but I'd better get back to pretending to do some work as long as this mob pretends to pay me.  Cheers.
    Might have been a sparky from Geraldton who thought he saw Webbs , nice to meet ya today Muscles

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
    • RFC Hall of Fame
      • One-Eyed Richmond
    « Reply #2826 on: April 14, 2011, 09:28:17 PM »

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
    « Reply #2827 on: April 15, 2011, 06:13:50 AM »
    They love to take photos of Jack.

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
    « Reply #2828 on: April 15, 2011, 06:26:17 AM »
    It was great to meet you, TT4.  Good luck in the big smoke.  Travel safely back west.  We were both so busy having a good chat that I didn't notice that Dan Connors wasn't even out there.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
    • RFC Hall of Fame
      • One-Eyed Richmond
    « Reply #2829 on: April 18, 2011, 12:50:56 PM »
    As of 14/04/11 Due to construction works being undertaken at the ME Bank Centre, there will be no open training sessions accessible to the public until further notice.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/training%20times/tabid/8765/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
    • RFC Hall of Fame
      • One-Eyed Richmond
    « Reply #2830 on: May 12, 2011, 05:01:08 PM »

Offline matrightyeh

• Future Richmond star
    « Reply #2831 on: May 13, 2011, 11:15:20 AM »
    thanks for the pics guys looks good

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Sir
    « Reply #2832 on: May 24, 2011, 12:46:07 PM »
    The lads are doing handball drills in the sun.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
    • RFC Hall of Fame
      • One-Eyed Richmond
    « Reply #2833 on: June 01, 2011, 10:50:41 AM »
    "The boys are back at training today after a mini-break ahead of the bye week, might be a tough session!"

Source: RFC twitter

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
    • RFC Hall of Fame
      • One-Eyed Richmond
    « Reply #2834 on: June 03, 2011, 10:59:18 AM »