Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 924529 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #4755 on: February 15, 2022, 02:37:39 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4756 on: February 16, 2022, 06:55:41 AM »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4757 on: February 16, 2022, 09:38:17 AM »
Great report, how did Gibcus go?  How is he looking out there.
I know those inside the Club rate Gibcus very highly, pmac. I was told a week ago that one trainer said was he was "ready-made".

I have him behind our starting spine (Tarrant/Balta/Nank/Soldo/Jack/Lynch) only because he's a first year teenager. He's no skinny kid so he won't take long to fully develop but obviously he'll have more size/bulk and AFL experience in a year or two. Arguably a back-up 2nd KPD or 3rd tall in his first year. Aside from that, he looks "ready-made" in terms of skills, decision making and his positioning/reading the flight of the ball. Tarrant has been taking Gibcus under his wing the last couple of sessions pointing things out and passing on his experience. 

I know it's very early days as he's only just back from rehab group but how is Sonsie looking?
I need to see more of Sonsie in match simulations to get a complete picture but he is progressing and moving well now. The Club being very patient with his rehab and taking things slowly is (touchwood) hopefully now paying off as he is involved in full training and spent a whole half in the guts in the scratch match last Thursday.

ps. The thing about this group of newbie draftees is they come across as natural footballers. Banks aside who is in rehab, the others appear to have a solid technique, some individual tricks that stand out and a decent understanding of the game already for first year players IMO (Things like their positioning, knowing where to run to, decision making with the footy, etc). I'm not watching scratching my head wondering "why did we draft him?". I'm actually looking forward to seeing them develop over the next couple of years. Still early days but it would be a massive haul at the draft table if say 4 of the 5 become at least solid best 22 players for the next decade  :pray

P.S it was mentioned today in the Captains presser that intra Club is this week. with Cats praccy match on sat next week i'd say it'll be friday at a guess
IIRC Grimesy said the intra-club is on this weekend. I'd presume that means Saturday as we have been training on Saturdays and it's exactly a week before the Cats preseason game.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4758 on: February 16, 2022, 10:32:14 AM »
Excellent reporting thanks for the Q & A. Love it.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4759 on: February 16, 2022, 10:36:45 AM »
Any thoughts on how RCD and Ross are tracking MT??

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4760 on: February 16, 2022, 07:05:43 PM »
RCD was absolutely flying pre-Christmas before he copped a minor injury. He's been back a couple weeks with the main group but missed the scratch match last Thursday so I haven't noticed him as much in the new year so far. Looking forward to seeing how he goes on Saturday in a proper intra-club. I've been told the Club sees his role going forward as replacing Cotch's role in our midfield. We need him to step up. 

Ross has been solid. He's back being tried this preseason as an inside mid which suits him more IMO as he sees and gets more of the ball. He's also been doing extra work on his delivery by foot into our F50. This preseason has been a step forward for him. For mine, he's right on the edge of our 22. I want to see him impose himself in an actual game. His form and output over the next couple of weeks in the intra-club and preseason games will determine if he earns a spot on the bench in round 1 or not. There's a couple of spots still up for grabs for round 1 IMO depending on injuries [Lambert & Graham are in rehab] and how we step up as a team and he's one of those vying for one of those spots. 

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #4761 on: February 17, 2022, 12:00:55 AM »
RCD was absolutely flying pre-Christmas before he copped a minor injury. He's been back a couple weeks with the main group but missed the scratch match last Thursday so I haven't noticed him as much in the new year so far. Looking forward to seeing how he goes on Saturday in a proper intra-club. I've been told the Club sees his role going forward as replacing Cotch's role in our midfield. We need him to step up. 

Ross has been solid. He's back being tried this preseason as an inside mid which suits him more IMO as he sees and gets more of the ball. He's also been doing extra work on his delivery by foot into our F50. This preseason has been a step forward for him. For mine, he's right on the edge of our 22. I want to see him impose himself in an actual game. His form and output over the next couple of weeks in the intra-club and preseason games will determine if he earns a spot on the bench in round 1 or not. There's a couple of spots still up for grabs for round 1 IMO depending on injuries [Lambert & Graham are in rehab] and how we step up as a team and he's one of those vying for one of those spots.
Thx for the replies to our question, I'd say (i am only guessing here) that Lambert & Graham may miss the praccy matches & possibly early rounds as well so both Ross & RCD will have those praccy games & intra Club to push their case. I have been wondering why not much has been said about RCD post xmas.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4762 on: February 17, 2022, 09:45:23 AM »

Thanks MT

Those 2 with Miller all stepping up would be a huge bonus for us.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4763 on: February 18, 2022, 07:03:51 PM »
Some vision snippets of training this morning at Punt Rd:

WATCH HERE: https://www.instagram.com/stories/richmond_fc/2776044924989112836/?hl=en

---------------------------------------------------

Bolton and Stack indoors in the gym shooting some hoops.

WATCH HERE: https://www.instagram.com/stories/17rioli/2776011858163802974/?hl=en

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4764 on: February 24, 2022, 02:12:18 PM »
Just got back from watching training this morning.

Absent: Dan Rioli, Nankervis.

Rehab: Lambert, Graham, Banks, Cotch & Parker.

Parker was moving okay so his ankle must not be too bad.

Graham has back-related hammy issues. So now becoming increasingly in doubt for round 1 if this continues. He did do some kicking towards the end of the session.

Lambert joined in non-contact drills with the main group. Anything that simply involved running around and kicking or handballing.

Main group:

The good news is Dusty and Lynch trained fully. So all good there. Expect both to play on Saturday (at least for some of the match).

The main group did mostly defence to offence transitional drills today. The drill with opposing 'teams' resulted in some casualties  :-\. RCD copped a couple of knocks today and left the track. The first knock was as a result of a run down tackle on Maurice Jnr. The second knock was from both he and Shai contesting for a mark in the air. RCD may have come down on his ankle (?). Bolton also left the track early (not sure if due to the same incident). Balta was another who didn't complete training (disappeared halfway through). Not sure what their status is. Touchwood they're okay :pray.

The final drill of the day split the group into their lines. The key forwards and key defenders did contesting work out of the goalsquare. The small forwards were up the other end. Small defenders kick-to-kick. The mids did some handball keepings-off before Soldo and Ryan joined the onball mids at the centre circle to do some stoppage work.

Key Forwards: Lynch, Jack, Soldo, Ryan.
Key Defenders: Tarrant, Gibcus, Biggie, Miller, Grimes.

Mid/small forwards: Edwards, Baker, Stack, Castagna, Cumberland, Caddy, Maurice Jnr, Clarke.

Mid/small defenders: Broad, Short, Vlastuin, Mansell, Ralphsmith, Brown.

Mids: Kmac, Sonsie, Pickett.

Rucks: Soldo, Ryan
Onball mids: Dusty, Prestia, Dow, Ross, Martyn, Aarts.

ps. We did notice some bloke who looked too well dressed to be your average supporter filming for about 10 mins with his phone. May have been an opposition scout.

That's what I can remember for now. Any questions just fire away?

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4765 on: February 24, 2022, 04:28:25 PM »
Just got back from watching training this morning.

Absent: Dan Rioli, Nankervis.

Rehab: Lambert, Graham, Banks, Cotch & Parker.

Parker was moving okay so his ankle must not be too bad.

Graham has back-related hammy issues. So now becoming increasingly in doubt for round 1 if this continues. He did do some kicking towards the end of the session.

Lambert joined in non-contact drills with the main group. Anything that simply involved running around and kicking or handballing.

Main group:

The good news is Dusty and Lynch trained fully. So all good there. Expect both to play on Saturday (at least for some of the match).

The main group did mostly defence to offence transitional drills today. The drill with opposing 'teams' resulted in some casualties  :-\. RCD copped a couple of knocks today and left the track. The first knock was as a result of a run down tackle on Maurice Jnr. The second knock was from both he and Shai contesting for a mark in the air. RCD may have come down on his ankle (?). Bolton also left the track early (not sure if due to the same incident). Balta was another who didn't complete training (disappeared halfway through). Not sure what their status is. Touchwood they're okay :pray.

The final drill of the day split the group into their lines. The key forwards and key defenders did contesting work out of the goalsquare. The small forwards were up the other end. Small defenders kick-to-kick. The mids did some handball keepings-off before Soldo and Ryan joined the onball mids at the centre circle to do some stoppage work.

Key Forwards: Lynch, Jack, Soldo, Ryan.
Key Defenders: Tarrant, Gibcus, Biggie, Miller, Grimes.

Mid/small forwards: Edwards, Baker, Stack, Castagna, Cumberland, Caddy, Maurice Jnr, Clarke.

Mid/small defenders: Broad, Short, Vlastuin, Mansell, Ralphsmith, Brown.

Mids: Kmac, Sonsie, Pickett.

Rucks: Soldo, Ryan
Onball mids: Dusty, Prestia, Dow, Ross, Martyn, Aarts.

ps. We did notice some bloke who looked too well dressed to be your average supporter filming for about 10 mins with his phone. May have been an opposition scout.

That's what I can remember for now. Any questions just fire away?

Great report mate. Seems like we are getting these small injuries or knocks to players weekly only downside. Did Dow join in the main group now ?. Was Clarke in the main group ?. Who do you believe is ahead Miller or Biggie for a position in the backline.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4766 on: February 24, 2022, 09:00:44 PM »
Ch 9 news said Cotch on Monday was seen at the Scanning Clinic for a check-up. Nothing sinister. Just precautionary.

Go to 1:08 min mark: https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1495667076857573378

Probabky explains why he was in the rehab group today.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4767 on: February 24, 2022, 09:37:10 PM »
Great report mate. Seems like we are getting these small injuries or knocks to players weekly only downside. Did Dow join in the main group now ?. Was Clarke in the main group ?. Who do you believe is ahead Miller or Biggie for a position in the backline.
Yep both Dow and Clarke were in the main group.

Miller vs Biggie? That's a good question!
I think it would be a horses for courses choice based on opposition match-ups. Miller for the bigger bodied KPFs and Biggie for the more mobile/agile key forwards. They will only come into the senior side if Tarrant, Balta or even Gibcus are injured. If Balta is used up forward then they are vying with Gibcus for a key back spot and IMO Gibcus would get the nod first as the Club rates him very highly already. I was told that in a Club80 forum Dimma apparently said to members to put Gibcus as well as Brown and Sonsie in their Supercoach team.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4768 on: February 25, 2022, 05:36:46 PM »
A few pics from today's (Friday) training session:

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1497083224819855372

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4769 on: February 25, 2022, 08:14:55 PM »
Ch 9 news said Cotch on Monday was seen at the Scanning Clinic for a check-up. Nothing sinister. Just precautionary.

Go to 1:08 min mark: https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1495667076857573378

Probabky explains why he was in the rehab group today.

Love the Russian ascent.