Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 924543 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1035 on: February 01, 2008, 01:05:15 PM »
It was a very blustery day and it showed in what was a scrappy game especially by foot. Goalkicking was difficult especially towards the freeway end with the ball veering severely left to right.

Individuals

Newy - One of the best today. Got a heap of it through the midfield and ran through the lines well. Seemed to be playing more his familar rebounding role today.

Raines - did okay but probably too much 2007-like (got caught twice).

Polak - solid. I thought he kicked a goal for the Blacks in the first quarter but maybe I mixed him up with someone else. He definitely kicked 2 goals for the yellows in the second quarter taking a handful of marks on the lead.

Riewoldt - Much better today. Played forward and back, got a decent amount of footy and was clean with his marks and disposal. Very vocal too telling teammates to pick up opponents.

Edwards - Better today as well. As he was playing forward pocket at the other end of the ground it took me half the game to realise he was wearing #35. I was going this Coburg player is pretty good  :lol. Only blemish was he missed a set shot from 15m out at the freeway end forgetting to take the wind into account.

Polo - Did alright when he had the ball. He was on Morton for a while from what I saw (plenty of rotations as usual though) and Morton was best of ground.

Rance - Started in defence on Gourdis. Not sure who he was on after that. Solid without standing out from what I saw.

Morton - best of ground. Brought his own footy especially in the first quarter when he kicked 2.4. Continually got away from his direct opponent to mark on the lead or gain the footy in space. Also played midfield for most of the game.   

Tuck - Played in defence once again moving through the midfield. He and Cogs were given rests on the bench.

Jackson - I didn't notice him too much today although he popped up towards the end when moved into the forward line. Was matched up on Whitey I think in the midfield and they sort of cancelled each other out.

Schulz - Played in defence once again before pushing forward late in the game. Not as eyecatching as last friday but solid enough except for the time Cleve nailed him  :lol.

Patto - Played forward as well as in the ruck again. Was fairly quiet in terms of posessions but he won most of his ruck duels.

Collard - not the ballmagnet game of last friday but was he did was clean and effective.

JON - fairly solid. Not the "where did this come from" game of last week but not the JON 2007 version either.

Hyde - Was in the bests again. Got plenty of the ball and ran through the lines well. Had the captain's guernsey on too.

Gourdis - Didn't get much of it but he looked more comfortable out there this week. Chased and tackled well  which resulted in two turnovers (got a pat on the pack from Rawlings) and his kicking wasn't too bad. He's a project player which is what you'd expect from a young PSD pick.

Hughes - I thought Clever was solid. Had Richo's number and presented well at times.

White - See Jacko.

Casserly - Played in defence in his usual rebound and long kicking role. Solid and kicked a nice long running goal.

Silvester - I didn't notice him in the first qaurter but I think he was on Polak in the second.

Cartledge - See Patto basically.

Moore - Started on Cleve on defence but went off halfway through with a calf injury.

Collins - Not sure who he was on (I think he was meant to pick up Morton at once stage as that was   what was yelled from the bench). Was allowed to run around on his own basically and pushed forward to take 3 marks and kicked 2 goals at the Richmond end and one OOTF at the freeway end from 20m out.

Kingy - Typical Kingy game. He was on #10 from Coburg in a back pocket.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1036 on: February 01, 2008, 01:14:28 PM »
Forgot to add that someone said at the game today that Terry's kid was having a run out there but I wouldn't have a clue if that was true or who he was. I'll check the photos later on and maybe someone here might recognise all the non-RFC guys.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1037 on: February 01, 2008, 01:33:06 PM »
I also forgot Cogs in the summary.

Cogs played about half the game all up. Would have 5mins on and then 5 mins off. I didn't notice him too much during the play but at the stoppages he would be the one often with his hands to the ball first and then give it off to a running teammate.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1038 on: February 01, 2008, 03:58:40 PM »
Good to see Morton in the midfield. Hopefully he has the tank to have some long stints in the guts and rest up forward.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Richo Is God

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #1039 on: February 01, 2008, 04:54:18 PM »
Forgot to add that someone said at the game today that Terry's kid was having a run out there but I wouldn't have a clue if that was true or who he was. I'll check the photos later on and maybe someone here might recognise all the non-RFC guys.
i rekon he was because my mate got to play with them aswell.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1040 on: February 01, 2008, 06:04:07 PM »
Pics from the Practice Match today

Thumbnails: (Click to enlarge)

The yellow team

The black team

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1041 on: February 01, 2008, 06:05:46 PM »
Thumbnails: (Click to enlarge)

Everybody // Some of the Coburg players - Chris Stewart is the big bloke in yellow.

Offline 08yearofthetiger

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #1042 on: February 01, 2008, 07:29:59 PM »
Did tuck play as an attacking defender and was he played at CHB or on a flank

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1043 on: February 01, 2008, 08:56:07 PM »
In that first photo can some one tell me who the big guy is directly in front of Bling?

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #1044 on: February 01, 2008, 09:05:56 PM »
In that first photo can some one tell me who the big guy is directly in front of Bling?
Looks like Chris Stewart - the big bloke from North Heidelberg who has joined Coburg.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1045 on: February 01, 2008, 10:48:25 PM »
Looks like Chris Stewart - the big bloke from North Heidelberg who has joined Coburg.
Yep it's Stewart.

Thanks R.I.G. and welcome aboard OER  :). Your mate must have been stoked.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1046 on: February 01, 2008, 11:08:40 PM »
Did tuck play as an attacking defender and was he played at CHB or on a flank
Like Cogs he spent about half the game on the bench all up. I would say 08 when he was on the ground he was played more as an attacking defender receiving a handball on the run and then bombing it long. The Talls occupied the key spine posts.

Offline 3121

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #1047 on: February 01, 2008, 11:14:46 PM »
Great stuff with the reports & great photos, must be a good camera.

Offline Richo Is God

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #1048 on: February 02, 2008, 01:32:30 PM »

Thanks R.I.G. and welcome aboard OER  :). Your mate must have been stoked.

[/quote]
thanks mate. yeh he said it was the best hour of his life. he got 5 touches and kicked a goal he said.  :thumbsup :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1049 on: February 02, 2008, 02:13:05 PM »
Great stuff with the reports & great photos, must be a good camera.
Cheers 3121. The camera is an Olympus Digital.