Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 924506 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1170 on: April 30, 2008, 02:57:03 PM »
Training today was at a cold and blustery Punt Rd Oval. They didn't train for long (about an hour or so) and it was pretty much a light session for the main training session of the week. I'm guessing that's due to the 6-day break.

Virtually the whole squad was there. The only one I didn't see was Cam but I could have missed him. Foley spent most of session indoors as I was told he was limping yesterday with some lower leg problem but he came out with Flea towards the end to work on some quick release handball and he told us he was fine to play. Rainesy was doing some kicking early on before heading indoors. No other injury concerns from what I could see.

Drill wise they had players in pairs on the edge of the square with one chasing and trying to catch the other who was running with the ball towards goal. They had Bowden paired up with Moore and Joel couldn't catch Kel. After that the talls were working on their speccies and Polak, in flying for the mark over the bag, went A over T and landed heavily. He's okay but he had everyone laughing as he gingerly got up off the ground. The mark of the day went to big Cartledge who took a one-hander. While they were doing that Cleve, Edwards, McGuane, Silvester, Rance and Meyer were having shots at goal. Poor Cleve was getting frustrated with the breeze pushing the ball strongly to the right but he stayed out there having shots for about 20 minutes. Edwards also did some tackling drills with Connors and Jack. 

Any questions just fire away.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

richmondrules

« Reply #1172 on: April 30, 2008, 03:18:19 PM »
Gee Rance and Gourdis look a good size. Perhaps the long sleeves make them look big.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1173 on: April 30, 2008, 03:27:41 PM »
It makes a difference when we finally no longer recruit skinny stick figures  :thumbsup.

This was Polly about to crash land  :wallywink

richmondrules

« Reply #1174 on: April 30, 2008, 03:31:33 PM »
lol. King's on his toes and he's still shorter than Browney

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #1175 on: April 30, 2008, 07:53:36 PM »
thanks for the update and pics MT  :thumbsup
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1176 on: April 30, 2008, 11:42:56 PM »
man...how strongly built is collard...massive arms and legs....with his much publicised great skills..cant wait for him to build the fitness base into him and start doing some real damage

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1177 on: May 01, 2008, 01:49:57 PM »
man...how strongly built is collard...massive arms and legs....with his much publicised great skills..cant wait for him to build the fitness base into him and start doing some real damage

Cotchin also is not the usual stick figure player we often draft.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1178 on: May 01, 2008, 03:40:37 PM »
cotchin already has developed legs, his thighs look strong already, can see why they say he is similar to ablett jnr

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #1179 on: May 01, 2008, 07:40:17 PM »
cotchin already has developed legs, his thighs look strong already, can see why they say he is similar to ablett jnr

Yes, very very strong through the hips and legs. Definitely what you need to be able to break tackles.

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1180 on: May 01, 2008, 10:11:27 PM »

Yes, very very strong through the hips and legs. Definitely what you need to be able to break tackles.

yep noticed that too...very good to see

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1181 on: May 02, 2008, 11:03:37 AM »
[
Yes, very very strong through the hips and legs.
Sounds like he'd be good at childbirth too :lol

« Reply #1182 on: May 02, 2008, 11:58:33 AM »
Needs to be flexible as well as strong?

:shh

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1183 on: May 02, 2008, 01:15:43 PM »
A typical Melbourne day for training at Punt Rd. Started off in sunshine followed by dark clouds and rain lol.

I actually got their early and the younger Coburg RFC players were out training with Rawlings - Polo, Rance, Putt, Meyer, Cogs, Collard, JON, Gourdis, Cleve, Silvester, Cass, Cartledge, Connors, Collins and Gus. They were wrestling each other in pairs. The last of them was Putty trying to get the ball of Rance with everyone standing around them in a circle laughing and encouraging Putty.

While this was going on Rainesy was have a kick-to-kick with a trainer and as mentioned in the other thread Whitey was having a fitness test. They basically got him to do some technique drills with his running, 20m and 50m sprinting, changing direction sharply around 5 cones, and then finishing with some kicking. Matty got through it all and then trained with the main squad. After training Plough had a lengthy chat with him.

The main squad was the 25 named plus Bowden and Tivs. They had a quick warm-up and then went back inside. Stan Alves then suddenly turned and was taken into the rooms so I presume he was there to give the boys a pep talk. A friend suggested he maybe still holding a grudge towards the idiots at Linton St who gave him the sack a year after getting them into a GF and he wants us to pump them lol.

As far as training was concerned they were only out there for half an hour and they just did some close-in handball, circle work by foot and then spotting up leads in the forward line from 60-70m out. It was wet so not much use training on a heavy ground when we are playing at the sterile Dome off a 6-day break.

The funniest thing from today was Kingy asking for a new guernsey and the trainer brought out Mitch Morton's spare. Kingy starts trying to get it over his head and shoulders and it gets stuck because it's too small for him. He then had to get the trainer to pull it off for him and they got Sarge's one for him instead. I didn't think Kingy was that much bigger in the upper body than Morton but there you go.

Any questions then fire away.

Con65

« Reply #1184 on: May 02, 2008, 01:23:20 PM »
Hiya all.

I usually post on Y&B and am a long time reader first time poster.

MT, thanks for all your training reports.  I don't know where you find the time but they are always a pleasure to read.

From what you saw today, will any of the emergencies or Tiv or Bowden come into the line up for Whitey or anyone else?