Author Topic: Bachar Houli [merged]  (Read 335222 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Bachar Houli to become a Tiger (Australian)
« Reply #300 on: October 10, 2010, 06:49:26 PM »
Look, Bachar Houli isn't exactly setting the world on fire with interest from other clubs, this rubbish about a bigger pick is a beatup from Essendon, they are lucky to get what we offer.  If he was such hot property they would be organising a better trade with another club as we speak, fact is, there is no interest.  We were targeted as a low finishing club with better picks imo.  I smell some duplicity in the whole thing.  Same with the whole Grigg thing.  Yeah they all want to be Tigers...

Top post and spot on.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #301 on: October 10, 2010, 06:53:31 PM »
the afl should arbitrate, r3 selection for a fella that's played <20 games in 3 years is right on, anything less is prejudicial to player movement
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #302 on: October 10, 2010, 07:41:50 PM »
Laughable isn't it. Sheesh Essendon want the same compo from us (for a fringe player that cost them only pick 42) that the AFL gave to the Bulldogs for Harbrow, Hawthorn for Brown (Premiership player) and Brisbane for Rischitelli (2010 B&F). I can't believe the Club is tolerating this as a genuine negotation. We're hardly going to miss Houli if any deal isn't done. There are plenty of his types in the draft every year. Giving up a 3rd round pick is way too much when you see North gain McKinley for just pick 86 whose done as much as Houli has. Richmond just doesn't know how to walk away from a dud deal for a dime a dozen player :scream.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #303 on: October 10, 2010, 07:46:30 PM »
Laughable isn't it. Sheesh Essendon want the same compo from us (for a fringe player that cost them only pick 42) that the AFL gave to the Bulldogs for Harbrow, Hawthorn for Brown (Premiership player) and Brisbane for Rischitelli (2010 B&F). I can't believe the Club is tolerating this as a genuine negotation. We're hardly going to miss Houli if any deal isn't done. There are plenty of his types in the draft every year. Giving up a 3rd round pick is way too much when you see North gain McKinley for just pick 86 whose done as much as Houli has. Richmond just doesn't know how to walk away from a dud deal for a dime a dozen player :scream.

Cameron is gunna live or die from these decisions .. grigg is a Tiger now but gunna be under the pump from us supporters whoever likes it or not.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #304 on: October 10, 2010, 08:07:25 PM »
Cameron is gunna live or die from these decisions .. grigg is a Tiger now but gunna be under the pump from us supporters whoever likes it or not.
Already under the pump I would say after Thomson for pick 42 and Hislop. Caving in and giving up a decent pick for Houli would be icing on the cake  :help.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #305 on: October 10, 2010, 08:42:25 PM »
Laughable isn't it. Sheesh Essendon want the same compo from us (for a fringe player that cost them only pick 42) that the AFL gave to the Bulldogs for Harbrow...

B, B, But the Bumbers are only going to use 3 picks and pick 50 won't be used...

How about we tell Freo that we only want to use picks in the 30's so give us your first rounder for Will Thursfield.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #306 on: October 10, 2010, 08:55:24 PM »
B, B, But the Bumbers are only going to use 3 picks and pick 50 won't be used...

How about we tell Freo that we only want to use picks in the 30's so give us your first rounder for Will Thursfield.
LOL

We should tell the Bombers then okay the 3rd round pick is off the table and you can have a player instead then - Jordie, Thomson or Polo - take your pick or get nothing. Geez they can have Hislop back for all I care lol.

Our third round pick is before theirs in any case so this "it's worthless" excuse is rubbish. In any case any club that keeps the likes of Reimers on their list and gives them a new multi-year contract can't be taken seriously when crying about wanting something worthy for their playing list.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #307 on: October 10, 2010, 10:13:52 PM »
Dons supporters are as deluded as their Club  :rollin :stupid

Bombers fan: "If we're (Essendon) to lose Houli to Richmond I want it to be for Deledio and a pick from us to sweeten the deal. Can you please talk to Essendon about trading Houli and our first pick for Deledio. Please!!! "

Emma Quayle: not gonna happen

http://twitter.com/emmasq

Well said Emma  :thumbsup

Ramps

« Reply #308 on: October 10, 2010, 10:34:02 PM »
Dons supporters are as deluded as their Club  :rollin :stupid

Bombers fan: "If we're (Essendon) to lose Houli to Richmond I want it to be for Deledio and a pick from us to sweeten the deal. Can you please talk to Essendon about trading Houli and our first pick for Deledio. Please!!! "

Emma Quayle: not gonna happen

http://twitter.com/emmasq

Well said Emma  :thumbsup

"Can you please talk to essendon about trading houli and our first pick for Deledio. Please!!!"

:lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Houli Richmond deal hits trouble (Age)
« Reply #309 on: October 11, 2010, 04:02:52 AM »
Houli Richmond deal hits trouble
Emma Quayle
October 11, 2010

DISGRUNTLED Essendon player Bachar Houli is unlikely to find a new home at Richmond in the final hours of the trade period today, with Richmond and Essendon at loggerheads over a deal for the midfielder.

While Richmond has offered up its third round selection (currently No.46) for Houli, the Bombers are insisting on a second round choice (currently No.29) for the fourth-year player, who walked out on the club last week to join the Tigers.

Essendon plans to use only three picks in the national draft, saving one for the pre-season draft, and has told the Tigers that their third round pick would be of no use to them.

The Bombers would prefer to let Houli walk - hopefully to the pre-season draft - arguing that if that happens, at least the Tigers will not enter the draft with a live selection ahead of them.

Essendon is fourth in the pre-season draft order behind Gold Coast, West Coast (which will probably not participate) and the Tigers, and will have more control over who they select if Richmond is committed to taking Houli.

Speculation the Bombers were interested in Sturt ruckman Jonathan Giles - who they could potentially have on-traded the Richmond pick to the Gold Coast for - was dismissed by the club last night.

Richmond's position is that it is offering its third live selection in the national draft for Houli, who played only a handful of games this year, with the Tigers planning to bank the Gold Coast compensation pick they received from Adelaide as part of the Richard Tambling deal early last week and use it in a future draft.

If the Bombers don't accept pick 46 - and use 47 as their final choice in the national draft - Richmond would still have a live pick one ahead of them in the national draft.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/houli-richmond-deal-hits-trouble-20101010-16e0v.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #310 on: October 11, 2010, 04:06:11 AM »
Yet Robbo in the Herald-Sun says....

Richmond looks certain to complete a deal for Essendon's Bachar Houli, via a trade or the pre-season draft.

Link.

Not sure Robbo how you complete a deal via the PSD  ???

FNM

« Reply #311 on: October 11, 2010, 04:41:40 AM »
After seeing the Tiges cave with Collins, they'll probably ask for a round one selection today  :help

Ramps

« Reply #312 on: October 11, 2010, 07:33:51 AM »
After seeing the Tiges cave with Collins, they'll probably ask for a round one selection today  :help

well they did want cotchin for houli and a 2nd rounder lol. hird and co. down at essendon are desperate. looks like they know they  have a very very long road infront of them. id be thinking .... at least 20 years  ;D

TigerTimeII

« Reply #313 on: October 11, 2010, 07:42:22 AM »

who said we caved in with collins

we gave away a fringe player, a very inconsistent player, a weak bodied player

for

a hard better skilled and better player!!!!!!!

so how did we cave in if we improved our list

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #314 on: October 11, 2010, 08:19:57 AM »
bullsh!t.  Collins tackle stats are actually better than Griggs.  Being lean doesn't make you 'weak bodied' by any stretch.  Tuck is a lean build and he is strong as stuff.  Collins is tough as crap he copped an almighty flogging this year and still got up and kicked goals if you recall.  He might not look like your oiled Arnie wank posters but he is a good footballer who was coming along very nicely thanks.  I for one feel we gave up a skilled player who was coming along very nicely.
Lots of people name their swords......