Author Topic: Bachar Houli [merged]  (Read 335230 times)

tony_montana

Re: Bachar Houli [merged]
« Reply #870 on: December 10, 2012, 12:06:48 PM »
Just copy and past the article title in Google, click on the news link that comes up and its free viewing  ;)

They are aware of this but purposely allow it as it bumps up their views and click throughs  :rollin

a bit OT, but can't wait to see their new readership figures since they started charging for digital.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #871 on: December 10, 2012, 08:06:03 PM »
VIDEO:  Bachar Houli press conference - Mon. Dec. 10 ....

http://bigpondvideo.com/RichmondTV/508925/Bachar%20Houli%20press%20conference/

the claw

« Reply #872 on: December 10, 2012, 11:04:18 PM »
anyone else sick to death of this cultural ambassador bull dust. why do we have to mention his culture every time we talk about him. hes either an aussie or hes not.  i dont see any divides that need breaking down hes supposed to be a part of what is primarily a liberal western democratic christian country  that is already very tolerant of all types and all religions.join in or stuff off i say.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #873 on: December 10, 2012, 11:11:24 PM »
hes either an aussie or hes not.  i dont see any divides

Yes but you also dont see the potential of 200cm+ CHFs / CHBs pinch hitting in the ruck; in the era of Leigh Brown winning a flag in this very role. So diversity and flexibilty may not be your strong points   :shh

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #874 on: February 23, 2013, 02:16:08 PM »
VIDEO: Houli's 'supergoal' against Melbourne last night ...

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2013-02-23/houli-supergoal

Gigantor

« Reply #875 on: February 23, 2013, 02:36:32 PM »
One of the things i love about our game is its ability to unify all cultures.By highlighting the muslim,or sudanese cultures it draws our attention to something many of us would not be exposed to ,and thus makes us more understanding and able to get on with each other.In many cases fear and hatred  of something is bought about by an inability to understand where another person is and where they are coming from...
In Europe for example some of the football clubs have been infiltrated by extremist groups and can make going to watch a game a most unpleasant experience.Opposition supporters are kept well away from each other.Our game doesnt have that.Carlton and richmond supporters can sit alongside each other .

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #876 on: February 24, 2013, 01:56:30 AM »
Pretty silly comment.

the claw

« Reply #877 on: February 24, 2013, 02:48:42 PM »

Yes but you also dont see the potential of 200cm+ CHFs / CHBs pinch hitting in the ruck; in the era of Leigh Brown winning a flag in this very role. So diversity and flexibilty may not be your strong points   :shh
cant i reckon you have your wires crossed.
have never said 200cm players should not be used as ruckmen but i have said we should not forgo our tall structure in doing so.

brown made up up a trimvirate of brown cloke and dawes.  when he went on the ball they still had their two tall kpfs. brown wasnt expected to play kp and ruck.

pods hawkins and ottens ring a bell at no time would they be without their two kpps. otto would just rest in a pocket and provide a 3rd tall target who had to be respected.

wce kennedy lynch darling with one of the two in cox and natanui going forward.
most sideskeep their structure we dont.

most of the time we have just jack and vickery and when vickery spends his time on ball leaving just jack to be double and triple teamed.not a good scenario for a team who bombs it long a lot.
ive always said we have a genuine ruckman in vickey who should be developed in time as our #1 ruck. we should not be asking him to perform at chf and spend significant time in the ruck 30/40% of a game. hes a bonus player to us because like ottens hes capable of playing forward. all ive ever really asked is we actually develop vickery in his ruck role more and we maintain structure when he is in the ruck.
hence ive constantly called for griffiths or stbury to be developed as a forward creating our own triumvirate of riewoldt, griffiths, and vickery as the third tall/second ruck.

surely we can learn from what other clubs have done succesfully and what has bought them success.

we all agree our forward line doesnt function too well just maybe the structure is all wrong.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #878 on: February 24, 2013, 03:02:11 PM »

have never said 200cm players should not be used as ruckmen but i have said we should not forgo our tall structure in doing so.

brown made up up a trimvirate of brown cloke and dawes.  when he went on the ball they still had their two tall kpfs. brown wasnt expected to play kp and ruck.

pods hawkins and ottens ring a bell at no time would they be without their two kpps. otto would just rest in a pocket and provide a 3rd tall target who had to be respected.

most of the time we have just jack and vickery and when vickery spends his time on ball leaving just jack to be double and triple teamed.not a good scenario for a team who bombs it long a lot.
ive always said we have a genuine ruckman in vickey who should be developed in time as our #1 ruck. we should not be asking him to perform at chf and spend significant time in the ruck 30/40% of a game. hes a bonus player to us because like ottens hes capable of playing forward. all ive ever really asked is we actually develop vickery in his ruck role more and we maintain structure when he is in the ruck.
hence ive constantly called for griffiths or stbury to be developed as a forward creating our own triumvirate of riewoldt, griffiths, and vickery as the third tall/second ruck.

surely we can learn from what other clubs have done succesfully and what has bought them success.

we all agree our forward line doesnt function too well just maybe the structure is all wrong.

Claw

What you say makes sense to me.  :thumbsup

Do you know if Jack/Griff/Vickery up forward has ever been seriously tried?

:cheers

'65

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #879 on: February 24, 2013, 06:36:45 PM »
It
Has
not

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #880 on: February 24, 2013, 08:01:41 PM »

What about when Cox and Nik Nat both play in the middle???

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #881 on: February 24, 2013, 10:51:00 PM »

Do you choose to ignore this post because you don't have an answer, or missed it?

Collingwood? FF CHF Dawes, Dawes pinch hits.
Adelaide? Tippet CHF FF and pinch hits (well used to haha)
Calrton had Hampton play CHF FF and pinch hit
Essendon and Ryder?
Hawks and Roughy?
Saints and Kosi
Theres a lot of teams that have their second ruckman playing KP

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #882 on: February 24, 2013, 11:07:55 PM »
Dwayne called him Bakka again lol
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

the claw

« Reply #883 on: February 26, 2013, 06:38:37 PM »

What about when Cox and Nik Nat both play in the middle???
i think the point being made was losing structure when your for/ruck went into the ruck. do wce lose structure if cox and nic nat both play on ball. not with lynch kennedy and darling still forward.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #884 on: February 27, 2013, 01:22:51 AM »
What about when Lynch pulls on a Maggies jumper? :shh