Author Topic: RD 23 vs Western Bulldogs  (Read 8355 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: RD 23 vs Western Bulldogs
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2018, 08:01:36 PM »
A bit of perspective fellas obviously we weren’t at our best but apart from the few playing for their spot in the finals there was absolutely nothing to play for in this game. We won the game, finished the season with 6/6 wins and are on a 21 game win streak at the G. Most importantly we didn’t pick up any injuries (that I know of) and the only 2 players missing from our best team are likely to be available come week 1 of the finals.

Like dimma said, if we play like that in a couple of weeks we will be beaten but let’s give the players a little bit of credit that they understand the difference between a qualifying final and a round 23 game where the result is meaningless.

Yep agree

We al hope so. But the efforts in the last few weeks probably since the Geelong game, hasn’t been the Richmond way and we can’t afford to be off in the one thing that makes us who we are.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2018, 09:24:12 PM »
Bruise free footy today.... Not surprising at all really.

Yep

But have to say I'm not a fan
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2018, 10:19:05 PM »
A bit of perspective fellas obviously we weren’t at our best but apart from the few playing for their spot in the finals there was absolutely nothing to play for in this game. We won the game, finished the season with 6/6 wins and are on a 21 game win streak at the G. Most importantly we didn’t pick up any injuries (that I know of) and the only 2 players missing from our best team are likely to be available come week 1 of the finals.

Like dimma said, if we play like that in a couple of weeks we will be beaten but let’s give the players a little bit of credit that they understand the difference between a qualifying final and a round 23 game where the result is meaningless.

your probably right, but i think a few of us just expected us to dominate the lower teams.

I guess we will find out soon enough

Yep agree
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2018, 03:00:17 PM »
Bruise free footy today.... Not surprising at all really.

Yep

But have to say I'm not a fan

Just goes to show how soft BEllis is...even in a match where nearly the whole side was playing to avoid injury his sqibishness still stood out like dog's balls.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2018, 04:01:32 PM »
Especially when he almost got knocked out going back with the flight in the last minute of the game when the Dogs were on a rampage. Super soft.

Dimma was rapt with him. The calls for his dropping are funny outside the 4 walls of the RFC so I hear :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2018, 04:14:20 PM »
Especially when he almost got knocked out going back with the flight in the last minute of the game when the Dogs were on a rampage. Super soft.

Dimma was rapt with him. The calls for his dropping are funny outside the 4 walls of the RFC so I hear :shh

That last qtr effort was excellent it is a number "efforts /contests"  before that are the issue here. Hell even Dusty had BEliis-itis yesterday. It was contagious
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2018, 04:29:32 PM »

That last qtr effort was excellent it is a number "efforts /contests"  before that are the issue here. Hell even Dusty had BEliis-itis yesterday. It was contagious

I don’t think he should be dropped for being soft necessarily but I thought coming into the game he was in a group of 4 players who were fighting to keep their spots with lambert and butler due back for finals and his performance yesterday was the worst of the lot.

Surely even you thought he had a poor game AT and out of him, conca, kmac, Higgins and you can maybe even throw in broad his position looks to be most at risk.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #127 on: August 26, 2018, 04:41:08 PM »

Nonsense on stilts....could've marked it easily but heard footsteps......... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2018, 06:40:55 PM »

I don’t think he should be dropped for being soft necessarily but I thought coming into the game he was in a group of 4 players who were fighting to keep their spots with lambert and butler due back for finals and his performance yesterday was the worst of the lot.

Surely even you thought he had a poor game AT and out of him, conca, kmac, Higgins and you can maybe even throw in broad his position looks to be most at risk.

Wasn't his best day that's for sure, but he's been mostly solid for a few months now. A few average games but a number of good ones. He gets ridden harder than pretty much anyone else. Lambert onto Higgins wing makes the most sense for mine. Butler is no certainty to fit enough for finals after his time out IMO.

Nonsense on stilts....could've marked it easily but heard footsteps......... :shh

:shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #129 on: August 27, 2018, 04:36:56 PM »
Tiger trio fined by MRO

Brandon Ellis, Richmond, has been charge with striking Toby McLean, Western Bulldogs, during the second quarter of the Round 23 match between Richmond and the Western Bulldogs, played at the MCG on Saturday August 25, 2018.

In summary, he can accept a $2,000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on available evidence and a medical report from the Western Bulldogs Football Club, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct with low impact to the body. The incident was classified as a $3,000 sanction. The player can accept a $2,000 sanction with an early plea.

David Astbury, Richmond, has been charged with misconduct against Fergus Greene, Western Bulldogs, during the second quarter of the Round 23 match between Richmond and the Western Bulldogs, played at the MCG on Saturday August 25, 2018.

A second offence for misconduct is a $3,500 fixed financial sanction. The player can accept a $2,000 sanction with an early plea.

Jack Graham, Richmond
has been charged with striking Dale Morris, Western Bulldogs, during the second quarter of the Round 23 match between Richmond and the Western Bulldogs, played at the MCG on Saturday August 25, 2018.

Based on available evidence and a medical report from the Western Bulldogs Football Club, the incident was assessed as careless conduct with low impact to the head. The incident was classified as a $3,000 sanction. The player can accept a $2,000 sanction with an early plea.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-08-27/round-23-match-review-verdict

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #130 on: August 27, 2018, 04:53:07 PM »
Oh stuff off I had 500 bucks on Brando for the Brownlow. Challenge it

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #131 on: August 27, 2018, 08:05:22 PM »
Coaches votes (Hardwick & Beveridge)

RICHMOND v WESTERN BULLDOGS

10 Jack Macrae (WB)
6 Jack Riewoldt (RICH)
4 Toby Nankervis (RICH)
3 Caleb Daniel (WB)