Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 418426 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #600 on: August 12, 2012, 10:30:32 PM »
That pass Cotchin gave Jack early in the last was sublime.

Rather than kick it to where Jack was he put it in front of Jack and forced him to get on his bike lead and take the mark.

Authoritative without saying a word.

Pity Jack missed from 25.

Cotch is a freak. One time in a generation footballer.

gerkin greg

« Reply #601 on: August 12, 2012, 10:57:03 PM »
CHIMPING

Offline tigerwoods

• Future Richmond star
  • beware the sleeping giant
« Reply #602 on: August 12, 2012, 11:33:25 PM »
yet another day at the 'G watching in awe as this man dominates the opposition.
i agree give him the captaincy, lids VC. leadership group of mullet, morris, newman.

chimpy for PM

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #603 on: August 13, 2012, 02:40:38 AM »
Have not yet seen the game.

Just saw stats - 3g 35 post

Lol  8)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #604 on: August 13, 2012, 02:44:58 AM »
I tried to ask the king this the other day - he was on the phone with a beer. Thought best not to bother him

He is about 3 Shane Edwards wide  :-X

Lost weight on the coke?

Carey huge. Monster.

I'd almost draft him.in the brad miller role

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #605 on: August 13, 2012, 04:08:45 AM »
Tiger Cotchin a star: Hardwick
Chloe Saltau
The Age
August 13, 2012

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick has placed Trent Cotchin in elite company for his best-afield performance against the Western Bulldogs, comparing his evasive skills with those of Chris Judd and his command of the contest with that of Wayne Carey at a similar age.

Cotchin was the most significant force in stopping a Bulldogs challenge in the third quarter of yesterday's game at the MCG, during which the Tigers' lead was cut to six points. The young Richmond star had 35 touches for the match and kicked three goals, and Hardwick said he should be considered a rough chance for the Brownlow.

''He's right up there, there's some outstanding players in the league at the moment, make no doubt about that, but he would certainly be worth a little bit of a plunge I would say,'' Hardwick said.

''It's hard to judge from upstairs but he has had an outstanding year, there's no doubt about that, he and Brett Deledio. Trent is one of those players, there is probably not another player quite like him, his ability to get inside, then outside, is second to none and he is probably very similar to Chris Judd in that way in getting out of traffic where other players would just crumble in the tackle. We're very lucky to have him at this footy club and he's going to be a better player considering he's only 22.''

Asked whether he had known another player to take command of a match like Cotchin at his age, Hardwick said: ''There are very few players who can do that. A young Wayne Carey, those type of players.''

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tiger-cotchin-a-star-hardwick-20120812-242u7.html#ixzz23MAWINuF

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #606 on: August 13, 2012, 06:43:15 AM »
Outstanding game. A genuis. His second efforts and tackling were inspirational.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #607 on: August 13, 2012, 08:06:20 AM »

Dunno if I'm the only one that thinks this but, anyone else think the whole "wear the number 17" if your captain thing is a real wank? Just seems something like a poo club would do like a Bulldogs or North, something to gain PR, we don't need it. Cotchin is our number 9 and should stay that way captain or not.

I'm actually a supporter of the captain wearing number 17. Think it's a good idea and have always supported the concept especially after Spud disrespected the number and what it stood for when he handed the number to Paul Hudson

However, ever once and a while we have a player that should have the honour of wearing the most revered number of the RFC and that is number 17.

I've watched 2 blokes in the last 30 years who wore that number with distinction in Rioli and Broderick. Right now Rioli is the best player I've seen in a Tiger jumper but I have to admit if Cotch keeps going the way he is going then may change sooner rather than later
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 08:49:29 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

TigerTimeII

« Reply #608 on: August 13, 2012, 08:27:25 AM »

Dunno if I'm the only one that thinks this but, anyone else think the whole "wear the number 17" if your captain thing is a real wank? Just seems something like a poo club would do like a Bulldogs or North, something to gain PR, we don't need it. Cotchin is our number 9 and should stay that way captain or not.

I'm an actually a supporter of the captain wearing number 17. Think it's a good idea and have always supported the concept especially after Spud disrespected the number and what it stood for when he handed the number to Paul Hudson

However, ever once and a while we have a player that should have the honour of wearing the most revered number of the RFC and that is number 17.

I've watched 2 blokes in the last 30 years who wore that number with distinction in Rioli and Broderick. Right now Rioli is the best player I've seen in a Tiger jumper but I have to admit if Cotch keeps going the way he is than he going then may change sooner rather than later

agree wp and u r right

but next yr we put 17 to bed,, give no 1 to cotch and no 7 to lids  1 and 7  .....17      joint captains    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

not a bad idea , they could both have a lil no17 on the front of their jumpers and wear 1 and 7 ......brilliant

10 FLAGS

« Reply #609 on: August 13, 2012, 11:56:57 AM »

I'm actually a supporter of the captain wearing number 17. Think it's a good idea and have always supported the concept especially after Spud disrespected the number and what it stood for when he handed the number to Paul Hudson

I've watched 2 blokes in the last 30 years who wore that number with distinction in Rioli and Broderick. Right now Rioli is the best player I've seen in a Tiger jumper but I have to admit if Cotch keeps going the way he is going then may change sooner rather than later

Cotch has to be best player weve had at Richmond since our last great sides.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #610 on: August 13, 2012, 12:49:39 PM »
Cotch is your classic 'glass overflowing' type.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #611 on: August 13, 2012, 12:58:28 PM »
Cotch's greatest asset as a player is his attitude. He just never gives u and throws his body at every contest. The amount of times I have seen his dive for the ball or to stop an opposition player is remarkable. The only thing I think he can't do is kick it long like Martin or Lids but in every other aspect of the game he is unequaled. That goal he created from Lids grubber kick to him when he was out positioned was amazing!

I not in favour of his getting the captaincy yet. Give him another year as VC to concentrate completely on his game.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #612 on: August 13, 2012, 12:59:33 PM »

Cotch has to be best player weve had at Richmond since our last great sides.

Yep. Even possibly better than the great Maurice.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #613 on: August 13, 2012, 01:36:02 PM »
Never saw Maurice, Cotchin for mine is the classiest I can remember in a Tiger jumper.

Easier to state his flaws then what he is good at, and even then your being picky.

For mine, needs to be given the captaincy officially for next season. Newman appears to be one of those early 30 retirees, just doesn't look half the player he was last season, and I think he will struggle even more so next season.

gerkin greg

« Reply #614 on: August 13, 2012, 01:41:02 PM »
May actually freshen Newy up taking the 17 off him