Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 418449 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #2610 on: August 21, 2022, 12:08:30 AM »
Sign of a champion ...

His first half thanks to a heavy tag was average but after half time he clearly decided to fight his way through it

Brilliant 2nd half

It is this sort of leadership, commitment that highlights why we need him to go on in 2023.

The Cubs getting taught by the best
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2611 on: September 04, 2022, 04:47:55 AM »
9. Trent Cotchin

The veteran had some big moments. Was at the first centre bounce, but set the tone with his excellent workrate forward of centre. Kicked a big team-lifting goal from outside 50 in the first quarter and set up a set-shot major for Tom Lynch with a sizzling field kick.

Foxsports rating: 6

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/richmond-tigers/afl-finals-2022-richmond-tigers-vs-brisbane-lions-second-elimination-final-highlights-stats-best-and-worst-players/news-story/7fc45960b9d79ca09461c1ff3de0ff76

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #2612 on: September 06, 2022, 04:32:58 PM »
Signed on for next season! Beautiful
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2613 on: September 06, 2022, 04:37:36 PM »
Cheers for that, AT :thumbsup

“I am really excited to be given this opportunity to continue to work with our younger Tigers across another pre-season and to hopefully play a bit of footy (with them) in the seniors next year,” Cotchin said.

“As you get closer to the end of your career, you don’t know when it is going to come but I feel as though I contributed from a football point of view relatively well for the majority of the season.”

Cotchin conceded he had at times believed season 2022 would be his last.

“The plan probably was not initially to go again, but I think that changed for a number of reasons; one my body and also that you are a long time retired, I had that nagging away in the back of my head,” he explained.

“Something that really came to fruition this year as well was the joy it brought my kids. Having that additional purpose of not just trying my best for me and for our team, but also playing and really enjoying the journey of AFL footy and the Richmond Tigers (with them).”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1215912/

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2614 on: September 06, 2022, 04:42:24 PM »
Legend! Touch wood gets to 300.

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2615 on: September 06, 2022, 05:03:59 PM »
I'm pumped!      :clapping    :gotigers
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2616 on: September 06, 2022, 07:36:48 PM »
Cotch's message to the Tiger Army:

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1567042163724419072

----------------------------------------------------------------

“The plan probably was not initially to go again, but I think that changed for a number of reasons."

📹 @tcotchin9 talks about his decision to sign on for 2023.

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1567073722141667331

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2617 on: September 06, 2022, 08:25:52 PM »
Great news - I wonder how much of a cut he took? I reckon he'd be on more than Jack but not by a huge amount. Maybe 350-400?

Regardless I hope he gets to 300 and am very glad his body held up so well this year despite so many blokes getting hammies and other soft tissues. I thought Cotch would surely go down for a long period at some point.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2618 on: September 08, 2022, 03:44:57 PM »
Did anyone else see the Cotchin's house featured on the cover of House & Garden magazine with an article on the building of the house?

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2619 on: September 08, 2022, 04:07:20 PM »
Lol seems the club agrees with me. Prepared to probably sell the farm to get Taranto and Hopper what does that say about the Ross's, Dow's and Collier-Dawkins of the club.

A blind man can see the heavy reliance we have on Cotchin and Prestia still. Yet here we have posters refusing to acknowledge it and splitting hairs on how posts are worded. quite amusing really.
The only thing that is ridiculous is the inability of posters to be honest with themselves.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2620 on: September 08, 2022, 04:28:31 PM »
Absolutely preposterous

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2621 on: September 08, 2022, 04:49:42 PM »
Leave it to claw to take 2 quality players wanting to come to Richmond as an opportunity to say I told you so.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #2622 on: September 08, 2022, 05:06:13 PM »

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2623 on: September 08, 2022, 05:30:49 PM »
Just on this. We are in a world of pain when so much is relied upon on a 33 yo with no kids coming thru to take over his role.
Atm we want to hope his body can hold out and failing that find some real help in a similar role for him.

I'm sure there was a kid named Tyler Sonsie in the midfield. Can't be right as you said we have no kids coming though.  A few other debutants have shown signs this year also. Hardly "no kids"

Well well well mr literal. Just for you we have few mids coming thru, is that good enough for you.
 in fact atm you would say Sonsie is the only one and he has a fair way to go to get anywhere near Cotchins level.
In fact does not look like a Cotchin type ATM !!!of course.

Cmon tell me what other young mid is there. Ross lol. RC-D FMD he cannot get a game no matter how he performs and my money is on being cut or most likely he asks for a trade for a proper opportunity. Dow sheesh he too cannot demand a regular game or show consistent afl attributes.

The simple truth is those young mids who should be stepping up, that is been around for a little while now are showing nothing or have been  just ordinary.

Ya know we  might help ourselves if we actually drafted mids rather than small fwds and backs or flankers.

No need for me to make any further comment as I am not the one making continued false or rediculas claims in my posts.

Why is that mr literal ? you might have to admit and actually say we only have Sonsie a first yr player and that  Ross  Dow  Martyn and RC-D have been underwhelming to date.

We can all see why we are going after Taranto and Hopper but noone  wants to talk about. Should i say it?  you bet ya.  delusion remains alive and well with many  long may it last.HHHaaarrrggghhh

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2624 on: September 08, 2022, 07:11:19 PM »
Do really think the club cares what you think so they can agree with you, that’s so funny