Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 418409 times)

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #2730 on: April 19, 2023, 11:33:26 AM »
Watch: https://twitter.com/RFC17192020/status/1647883392065880065

David King reckons Cotch will be considering whether to pull the ping now if Cotch believes he is standing in the way of a young Tiger getting 20 games into him. Having said that, once Whateley told King that Cotch only needs 8 more games to reach 300, then King said we have to get him to 300 as things like this relating to legends of the club are more important.

Considering there were only 4 players running around in the two's this last week I don't think he is standing in the way of anybody getting a game. If they cant earn a game now with the injuries we have they are more than likely not doing what is asked of them in the 2's and therefore probably don't deserve a game.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Broadsword

« Reply #2731 on: April 19, 2023, 11:53:20 AM »
For the sake of clarity, those 4 players were: Dow, Banks, Bauer, Steely Green.

Really not a great look for Dow -- probably throw Banks in there as well.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2732 on: April 19, 2023, 12:45:14 PM »
Great points Fluff, honestly can’t king take his nose out of Champion data’s butt and look at the injury list?
On Banks, think he’s a second year player coming back from injury so I wouldn’t go too hard on the kid
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online HKTigerB

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2733 on: April 19, 2023, 02:39:04 PM »
For the sake of clarity, those 4 players were: Dow, Banks, Bauer, Steely Green.

Really not a great look for Dow -- probably throw Banks in there as well.
Dow was coming back from an injury. He's looking good as an inside mid at least at VFL level and working hard, very hard, on the spread.

Banks has had one quarter playing midfield.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2734 on: April 19, 2023, 03:30:54 PM »
Dow in his 4th year.

If he can't push out Cotchin in his current twilight form then he's basically a guaranteed delisting at the end of 2023.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2735 on: April 23, 2023, 05:32:25 PM »
[Hopper] also bristled at the conversation around Trent Cotchin’s football future, saying the former skipper still had so much more to give on and off the field.

“Cotch is fine, he’s a star and you can’t put a value on what he does. I love playing footy with him and can’t wait to see him play more footy for us.”

Source: HeraldSun.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2736 on: April 23, 2023, 07:54:08 PM »
He should play as sub.

Come on when everyone else is starting to slow down a bit

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2737 on: April 23, 2023, 09:38:16 PM »
Dow in his 4th year.

If he can't push out Cotchin in his current twilight form then he's basically a guaranteed delisting at the end of 2023.

Why Cotchin there are other mids who have been worse than the ex skipper.

FWIW I thought Dow unlucky not to have played seniors this year and from what i can gather has been pretty decent in the VFL and was again this week.

What irks me is Short who before injury was ordinary walks straight back in why not reward Dow with a game instead.
Jayden Short is not that good a player where he should not be asked to earn his spot just like the younger blokes are asked to do.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2738 on: April 24, 2023, 02:17:27 PM »
Dow in his 4th year.

FWIW I thought Dow unlucky not to have played seniors this year and from what i can gather has been pretty decent in the VFL and was again this week.

What irks me is Short who before injury was ordinary walks straight back in why not reward Dow with a game instead.
Jayden Short is not that good a player where he should not be asked to earn his spot just like the younger blokes are asked to do.

Have to agree on Dow preseason was good to.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #2739 on: April 24, 2023, 02:29:01 PM »
Dow in his 4th year.

I'm not a Short fan but I honestly believe we've missed his ability across half back to break the lines and launch attacks. Our kickouts have been horrendous as well, he'll help with that.

Dow's not really demanding a game and I don't know who you'd take out of the midfield to accommodate him
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2740 on: May 01, 2023, 04:17:50 AM »
Time for Cotchin to cash in his chips?

With finals all but impossible and a diminishing on-field role the question has to be asked whether Trent Cotchin should call time early. The triple-premiership captain was seen as playing a pressure-forward role this year, but his tackle averages are lower than they’ve been since 2009, disposals are at a career nadir and he's only kicked one goal from seven games. An all-time club great, it would be terrible to see Cotchin fade away as Richmond’s season drags on and, as harsh as it sounds, he's taking up a younger player’s spot in the side.

Source: AFL website.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2741 on: May 01, 2023, 08:13:50 AM »
All true.

Dow is doing OK in VFL level and guys like him + Sonsie + Ross need to stop being dropped while Cotch keeps playing.

They all need games to see where they're at and if we should cut them.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2742 on: May 01, 2023, 09:09:46 AM »
Get him to 300 then we can play the kids.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2743 on: May 01, 2023, 09:13:58 AM »
I don't know about others but I'm finding it really hard to watch Cotch run around so far this season. He is really struggling. That dreaded cliff comes up so very quickly, just ask Shedda

What we learnt or should I say what was reinforced yesterday was Sonsie is no wingman. He should be in the guts. But doesn't get that opportunity

Jack Ross, well we got told he spend a fair bit of time in the middle and I don't think he did. Then when he gets it he just 2nd guesses himself making the majority of his disposals ineffective.

And yes I have to bring this up. RCD was touted by the coach as the long term Cotchin replacement but he more so than Ross never got the opportunities for an extended period. He played when Cotch was injured but as soon as Cotch was fit enough no matter how well RCD played he got dropped.

Then there is Dow.

After yesterday what has become clear to me (and claw will say I told ya so) but we have been and continue to fail these kids. They need opportunities or it will be a long rebuild. Now is the time

I have no issue with us getting Taranto or Hopper but we still need to find a way to get games into these kids

I love Cotch,  he's a champion and will be remembered as a legend of our Club but time waits for no one and I for one want to remember him for the great things, his greatness not talking about he went on one season too long
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2744 on: May 01, 2023, 09:30:00 AM »
Get him to 300 then we can play the kids.

Said it before, that that will be the plan. The only way he would continue to get games after 300 is if injury list worsens or he hits  some form