Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 455107 times)

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2016, 05:02:32 AM »
If ballantyne was available should we have a crack at him?

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2016, 06:35:39 AM »
Will we have room in the cap after we snag Hurley and Prestia??

He'd (Ballantyne) be handy, but I'd prefer to invest in Rioli. In a good team, Rioli can still kick 2-3 a week without too much more development from where he's at now.

In a good team.....

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2016, 04:42:36 AM »
Richmond is believed to be a leading candidate to lure star Gold Coast midfielder Dion Prestia back to Victoria.

Prestia’s future will become clearer around the bye period, with Melbourne also in the race to sign the gun ball-winner.

Source: Herald-Sun website

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2016, 06:52:33 AM »
Fyfe is going to be expensive too
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2016, 09:23:35 AM »
Richmond is believed to be a leading candidate to lure star Gold Coast midfielder Dion Prestia back to Victoria.

Prestia’s future will become clearer around the bye period, with Melbourne also in the race to sign the gun ball-winner.

Source: Herald-Sun website

Will go to Melbourne...will use the old "they have a better list" than us phrase.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2016, 09:32:34 AM »
Last minute nominates Collingwood!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2016, 03:24:09 PM »
Hurley, Prestia would be great pickups.

Then we really need to go hard after blokes like Jenkins and Nicholls. Would add a lot to our list.

Hurley and Jenkins will cost nothing.

Prestia and Nicholls will cost good picks - they'll probably want a first and a second round pick respectively, which I would be inclined to pay them.

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2016, 09:08:58 PM »

Then we really need to go hard after blokes like Jenkins and Nicholls. Would add a lot to our list.

Prestia and Nicholls will cost good picks - they'll probably want a first and a second round pick respectively, which I would be inclined to pay them.

Jenkins isn't a #1 fwd & takes the 3rd best defender..... i hope we don't go near him!

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2016, 10:41:09 PM »

Jenkins isn't a #1 fwd & takes the 3rd best defender..... i hope we don't go near him!

He's clearly second after Taylor Walker and has bagged more goals than him this year whilst playing forward/ruck and taking the 2nd KPD.

Don't think you have any idea what you're on about.

This guy is extremely powerful and athletic, kicks goals, and is leagues ahead of the likes of Vickery and Griffiths.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2016, 10:51:10 PM »
Agree but will be 28 next year - would prefer investing in a forward who'll give us 7-10 years of good footy than maybe 3, possibly 5 years if he's very lucky....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2016, 12:27:43 AM »
Agree but will be 28 next year - would prefer investing in a forward who'll give us 7-10 years of good footy than maybe 3, possibly 5 years if he's very lucky....

Valid point!

I guess then you have to ask about guys like Deledio. We'll get 2-4 years max out of him from here. Trade or keep?

If we push for a flag we need to grab some serious developed talent at the end of this year or cut our losses and semi-rebuild in which case I wouldn't suggest Jenkins.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2016, 07:46:44 AM »
As a forward, I rate Tom Lynch ahead of Josh Jenkins. More consistent although Jenkins has the physical attributes to play freakish games
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2016, 08:38:11 AM »

Im not sure about Hurley.  They couldn't play him and Carlisle in the same side.

Can he play with Rance in defence or Jack in the forward line?

Clearly better player than Vickery and Griffiths but he needs to be able to play as part of a team.

His fitness seems to be a recurring issue as well.

Omeara would be a great pickup if he was over his injury.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2016, 09:24:14 AM »
As a forward, I rate Tom Lynch ahead of Josh Jenkins. More consistent although Jenkins has the physical attributes to play freakish games

Good player but so far definitely not a world-beater. Would certainly take him though as he's worth 30+ goals/year.

Im not sure about Hurley.  They couldn't play him and Carlisle in the same side.

Can he play with Rance in defence or Jack in the forward line?

Clearly better player than Vickery and Griffiths but he needs to be able to play as part of a team.

His fitness seems to be a recurring issue as well.

Omeara would be a great pickup if he was over his injury.

I guess we'd never know would we, unless we try? I suspect that was Carlisle's issue not Hurley's.

O'meara has worse issues than Hurley and Conca for that matter. Absolute no from me. Chris Knights mkII.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2016, 09:47:32 AM »
What?

Hurley and Carlisle were very good together in the backline

The problem was they had no forwards
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus