Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 452355 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #300 on: June 28, 2016, 09:35:41 PM »
I'd take O'Meara before Prestia.
Get O'Meara, Hurley and Barlow.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #301 on: June 28, 2016, 09:37:12 PM »
+1

No more midgets
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #302 on: June 28, 2016, 10:53:45 PM »
Prefer to wait & see how O'Meara gets through his return first....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #303 on: June 29, 2016, 06:26:35 AM »
HUN reporting (can't post the story or link as I'm not a subscriber) O'Meara wants at least $750k a season to move   :gobdrop

I only do this  :gobdrop because with his dodgy knee that's a lot of $$$ at significant risk, would love himat the Tigers though.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #304 on: June 29, 2016, 06:57:22 AM »
HUN reporting (can't post the story or link as I'm not a subscriber) O'Meara wants at least $750k a season to move   :gobdrop

I only do this  :gobdrop because with his dodgy knee that's a lot of $$$ at significant risk, would love himat the Tigers though.

Sounds like a perfect fit  :shh
$750k for 5 years and does his knee rd 3 of first season.
been saving the war chest for 5 years for this  :clapping
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #305 on: June 29, 2016, 06:59:18 AM »

:lol  :clapping

It's funny because it is so true!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #306 on: June 29, 2016, 07:52:46 AM »
My legal reckons u can't u can't say hun wp

* HUN
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 02:01:19 PM by Stalin »
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #307 on: June 29, 2016, 01:56:45 PM »
Trade vickery and b Ellis for rockliffe and their 2ND round draft pick

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #308 on: June 29, 2016, 02:02:24 PM »

No what's funny is Houli and grigg are proabley on 750 between them

You are paying for potential with jäger

I'd look at it - we need to do something radical

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #309 on: June 29, 2016, 02:26:15 PM »
Buy him a helicopter  :P
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #310 on: June 29, 2016, 02:48:45 PM »
Na choppers I would only get for fyfe / dangerfield category

Not potential types

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #311 on: June 29, 2016, 02:52:30 PM »

GET IT DONE!

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #312 on: June 29, 2016, 03:05:16 PM »

Yeah right

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #313 on: June 29, 2016, 07:53:47 PM »
Here's the Herald-Sun article:

CLUBS have been told if they want Jaeger O'Meara next year the asking price is in the vicinity of $750,000 a year.

The Herald Sun can reveal clubs have been contacted by O'Meara's management and were told O'Meara would be seeking “elite midfield wages” if he was to leave the Gold Coast Suns.

Interest in the classy midfielder will further spike in the coming weeks when O'Meara makes his return to football.

He will decide on Friday whether to play in the Suns' reserve team at the weekend.

It would be his first game of football since injuring his knee in a NEAFL pre-season match at the start of last season.

A rival club official yesterday told the Herald Sun they were informed of O'Meara's requirements and were interested in recruiting the 2013 Rising Star winner, but did not have the salary cap space to accommodate him.

O'Meara's manager Colin Young could not be contacted this week and the Gold Coast refused to comment.

The Suns have told O'Meara, 22, they won't make any media comment on discussions and/or contracts involving him.

If O'Meara wanted out of the Suns, a blockbuster trade involving draft picks and would be required.

Despite O'Meara saying this year he had ''no interest'' in talking to Melbourne-based clubs, it would appear his management is doing the talking for him.

“I’ve told him (Young) to wait and let me do my thing and get back to playing footy and feeling good about my body again,” O’Meara said then.

“I’ve advised my manager and I’ve spoken to the club and our general manager (Ashcroft) and list manager (Scott Clayton) and I’ve let them know I want to get back to playing consistent senior footy, and once I’m able to do that, then I’m sure discussions will start to take place.”

Industry sources have said it is difficult to put a salary figure on O'Meara because, while talented, he hasn't played football for 18 months.

The Suns say they are confident of keeping both O'Meara and Dion Prestia, who on Monday postponed contract discussions with the club.

The Herald Sun reported yesterday both Richmond and Melbourne were circling the midfielder, who could command a salary of up to $650,000.

In March, the Herald Sun first linked O'Meara with reigning premier Hawthorn.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/jaeger-omeara-asking-for-as-much-as-750000-a-season-if-he-is-to-leave-gold-coast/news-story/273ac3c668241f0486337f96e32d492d

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #314 on: June 29, 2016, 07:55:35 PM »
And the response to the Hun article:

GOLD Coast midfielder Jaeger O'Meara's management has angrily denied suggestions AFL clubs have been told an asking price if they hope to secure the out-of-contract Sun.

Colin Young, who manages O'Meara, described the suggestion as ridiculous and said the plan has always been to wait until the NAB AFL Rising Star winner had returned to football before discussing his next contract.

"We have said all along Jaeger would not be speaking to any club, whether it be his own club Gold Coast or any other club in the AFL, until he has played a substantial amount of football in 2016," Young told AFL.com.au.

"To think that management would be speaking to any club and seeking any price at this stage is absolutely ridiculous."

AFL.com.au understands many Melbourne clubs have been taking a wait and see approach with O'Meara, believing it was impossible to assess his value while he was still sidelined.

Meanwhile the Suns have become increasingly hopeful they could retain the player they picked up as a pre-draft 17-year-old selection.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-29/no-price-on-jaeger-omearas-head-says-management