Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 455132 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #315 on: June 29, 2016, 07:56:52 PM »
Sydney Swans utility Dean Towers is emerging as a potential trade target for a growing number of rival clubs.

Towers is due to come out of contract at the end of this season and the 26-year-old is attracting strong interest among opposition clubs, including some in his home state of Victoria and the Brisbane Lions.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-29/swans-utility-towers-above-as-trade-target

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #316 on: June 29, 2016, 07:57:56 PM »
Richmond, meanwhile, is making a strong bid for Gold Coast’s out of contract midfielder Dion Prestia, and the Tigers have earmarked their first draft choice for the 23-year-old if he confirms that he wishes to return home to Victoria.

While other Victorian clubs have been linked to Prestia, including Melbourne, the Tigers are a confirmed strong suitor and would be willing to part with their first draft pick to secure Prestia, 23, whose management has asked the Suns for more time to make a decision on his future.

As the ladder stands today, 11th placed Richmond would be giving up pick No. 8 for Prestia if they managed to land him and the Suns were amenable to receiving a high draft pick this year.

The Tigers lost a fierce — and at times contentious — battle with Collingwood for Adam Treloar last year, which also meant they retained their first pick (No. 12) and drafted forward Daniel Rioli. Should they land Prestia, their major target this year, the Tigers, in effect, would have the combination of Prestia and Rioli instead of Treloar, given that Richmond offered Greater Western Sydney both their 2015 and 2016 first round choices for Treloar.

Richmond still has a number of regular senior players out of contract at season’s end, including talls Tyrone Vickery, Shaun Hampson, Ben Griffiths and Ivan Maric, along with Shaun Grigg.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/richmond-has-no-expectation-on-when-chris-yarran-will-return-to-football-field/news-story/1accf7de8377a3afcd1f19983d65d91e

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #317 on: June 29, 2016, 08:13:13 PM »
Richmond, meanwhile, is making a strong bid for Gold Coast’s out of contract midfielder Dion Prestia, and the Tigers have earmarked their first draft choice for the 23-year-old if he confirms that he wishes to return home to Victoria.

While other Victorian clubs have been linked to Prestia, including Melbourne, the Tigers are a confirmed strong suitor and would be willing to part with their first draft pick to secure Prestia, 23, whose management has asked the Suns for more time to make a decision on his future.

As the ladder stands today, 11th placed Richmond would be giving up pick No. 8 for Prestia if they managed to land him and the Suns were amenable to receiving a high draft pick this year.

The Tigers lost a fierce — and at times contentious — battle with Collingwood for Adam Treloar last year, which also meant they retained their first pick (No. 12) and drafted forward Daniel Rioli. Should they land Prestia, their major target this year, the Tigers, in effect, would have the combination of Prestia and Rioli instead of Treloar, given that Richmond offered Greater Western Sydney both their 2015 and 2016 first round choices for Treloar.

Richmond still has a number of regular senior players out of contract at season’s end, including talls Tyrone Vickery, Shaun Hampson, Ben Griffiths and Ivan Maric, along with Shaun Grigg.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/richmond-has-no-expectation-on-when-chris-yarran-will-return-to-football-field/news-story/1accf7de8377a3afcd1f19983d65d91e

Concerning. I'd reluctantly give up pick 8 for Prestia but anything higher I don't think we can afford to give up. The first 30 players in this draft are supposed to be absolute crackers, don't think we can afford to cut ourselves out when every other club will have one possibly two of the '16 draft class.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #318 on: June 29, 2016, 08:28:33 PM »
Dougey- I'd say we'll trade our way into top 30 but not top 10
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #319 on: June 30, 2016, 07:23:47 AM »
So if we trade 8 for Prestia, our 1st pick will be our 3rd rounder...

We better get back into to 2nd round at least
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #320 on: June 30, 2016, 10:22:23 AM »
DO NOT GIVE UP OUR FIRST ROUND PICK!

Isn't Prestia a FA?

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #321 on: June 30, 2016, 10:36:05 AM »
DO NOT GIVE UP OUR FIRST ROUND PICK!

Isn't Prestia a FA?

Think this is his 6th season (2010 draft pick 10?), and it needs to be 8 before you're a free agent.

Agreed, I dont want to have to give up our first round pick, but what else will get it done?

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #322 on: June 30, 2016, 12:05:02 PM »
We continue to ignore our kpp situation. FFS trade for a couple of  quality kpps or are we going to rely on the likes of Chaplin  astbury Elton  Vickery again.Are we gunna hope Griffiths after how many tears finds some decent consistency.
This draft is chock a block full of mids but is light on for talls.Address the areas that should be addressed first and we should be able to pick up a decent mid or two late in the draft.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #323 on: June 30, 2016, 02:21:11 PM »
Agreed but I dont think we should pass up a quality mid that wants to come to us unless we have an obvious alternative ie we have to choose between Prestia and Hurley.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #324 on: June 30, 2016, 02:44:26 PM »
Why would u have to choose
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #325 on: June 30, 2016, 05:28:29 PM »
why wouldnt you give up an early pick for a player that has shown he can play at the level and is about to enter his prime?
so you can use the pick on a kid that has a slim chance of being an outright star, but has around a 40% chance of being a bust and will most likely be 3-4 years away from having any real impact if he does make the grade?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #326 on: June 30, 2016, 06:16:55 PM »
Yep. I would take Prestia for pick 8 in a heartbeat.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #327 on: June 30, 2016, 06:19:27 PM »
I heard a whisper that Hogan is all but gone to Freo for $1.2 million per year. :whistle

Didn't he sign a somewhat lengthy contract recently-ish. Yeah, super specific I know

tony_montana

« Reply #328 on: June 30, 2016, 07:13:43 PM »
nah out of contract end of 2017, dees have been trying to get him to sign since early last year.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #329 on: June 30, 2016, 07:24:58 PM »
We continue to ignore our kpp situation. FFS trade for a couple of  quality kpps or are we going to rely on the likes of Chaplin  astbury Elton  Vickery again.Are we gunna hope Griffiths after how many tears finds some decent consistency.
This draft is chock a block full of mids but is light on for talls.Address the areas that should be addressed first and we should be able to pick up a decent mid or two late in the draft.
I'd have absolutely no problem if every one of them you named were moved on.
Yep. I would take Prestia for pick 8 in a heartbeat.
If we do use our 1st for Prestia then we should be getting 1 of there 2nd rounders as change I would think.
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.