Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 455072 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #630 on: August 10, 2016, 10:52:56 PM »
Hawthorn, St Kilda and Carlton amongst the clubs chasing O'Meara according to Mark Stevens on Ch 7 tonight.

Also, Fyfe will be a free agent next year and is considering his options on whether to remain at Freo or leave (Ch 7 mentioned coming to Melbourne and playing with a Victorian club).

Gamble, but pee off Prestia, hold serve and go for Fyfe? Who's with me?

No way. Why sit on your hands and hope someone may want to leave their club, potentially missing both. Go for both there's no reason why we couldn't afford both in our salary cap (unless Hampsons form has warranted a pay rise - was already on pretty big money :banghead)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #631 on: August 11, 2016, 09:08:39 AM »
I would offer Vickery, Griffiths & our first pick for Nat Fyfe this year. 

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #632 on: August 11, 2016, 09:16:22 AM »
I would offer Vickery, Griffiths & our first pick for Nat Fyfe this year.

Wouldn't come close to doing the deal. Make it Cotchin and they might blink
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #633 on: August 11, 2016, 09:57:44 AM »
Would YOU want to come to RIchmond while dimmer was coach?
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #634 on: August 11, 2016, 02:18:37 PM »
ESSENDON won’t stand in the way of banned star Michael Hurley if he does not want to return to the club, but is adamant it will have to receive something in return.

Melbourne football manager Josh Mahoney confirmed today that the Demons and “every club would have asked that question to (player manager) Paul Connors about what Michael’s (Hurley) doing”, but until he makes a decision said the Demons “expect for him to stay at Essendon”.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/xavier-campbell-says-essendon-would-help-michael-hurley-move-clubs-but-big-trade-needed/news-story/0bfbb270272e46336695d84615ef86fd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #635 on: August 11, 2016, 02:20:24 PM »

Fyfe will never play for RFC ever He will never leave WA as he works outside of football & loves it. He is not the city type & has openly said this

Yet he openly admits he's open to anything on the news tonight
I'd say he's not being open enough..

“The idea of free agency is that players do have a say in their career and it would be remiss of me not to look at every possible option,” Fyfe told Channel 7.

“But if I see a strong future at Freo then that’s where I’ll be playing my footy.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/fremantle/nat-fyfe-to-explore-free-agency-options-next-season/news-story/1dfceb04e3196dd1ce29e8c3832e9062

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #636 on: August 11, 2016, 03:01:09 PM »

Fyfe will never play for RFC ever He will never leave WA as he works outside of football & loves it. He is not the city type & has openly said this

“The idea of free agency is that players do have a say in their career and it would be remiss of me not to look at every possible option,” Fyfe told Channel 7.

“But if I see a strong future at Freo then that’s where I’ll be playing my footy.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/fremantle/nat-fyfe-to-explore-free-agency-options-next-season/news-story/1dfceb04e3196dd1ce29e8c3832e9062

Cant wait to he reamins at Freo and we can mark it down as another failure of the RFC  :banghead

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #637 on: August 11, 2016, 03:24:07 PM »

Cant wait to he reamins at Freo and we can mark it down as another failure of the RFC  :banghead
Were we always this horribly cynical and pessimistic or has a lifetime of RFC mediocrity turned us this way?

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #638 on: August 11, 2016, 04:17:13 PM »

He grew up in Moggs Creek, didn't he?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #639 on: August 11, 2016, 04:50:25 PM »

He grew up in Moggs Creek, didn't he?
darn it

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #640 on: August 11, 2016, 07:12:33 PM »
If he wants a flag he won't be coming here or staying there....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #641 on: August 11, 2016, 08:15:49 PM »
For those panting after Prestia.

He played 8 games in 2015 out for the rest with knee surgery/ knee injuries.

He played 14 games in 2016 out for the rest with knee surgery/ knee injuries.

To give up pick 6 for Prestia would be lunacy.

The risk in not worth the reward.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 09:00:23 PM by yandb »

Online taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #642 on: August 11, 2016, 08:36:13 PM »
For those panting after Prestia.

He played 8 games in 2015 out for the rest with knee surgery/ knee injuries.

He played 8 games in 2016 out for the rest with knee surgery/ knee injuries.

To give up pick 6 for Prestia would be lunacy.

The risk in not worth the reward.

played 14 in 2016

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #643 on: August 11, 2016, 09:01:30 PM »
Noted and adjusted

Thanks for the correction.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #644 on: August 11, 2016, 09:44:24 PM »
According to Barrett tonight:

Cloke wants out of the Pies after being dropped tonight. Bulldogs showing interest.

Giants ruckman Rory Lobb is considering returning home to WA despite having a year to run on his current contract.