Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 452370 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #735 on: August 19, 2016, 06:36:41 PM »
Lennon + pick 19 for Cloke???!!!!   :lol

Is that you Francis?

Contracted player and Collingwood always plays hardball. What do you think they will take?

Lennon has shown virtually nothing. It's a hopeful hypothetical for me and I'd actually be surprised if they let him go for that. They will want pick 6 guaranteed...
Yeah. They can keep him and his inflated salary and play him in the twos......oh wait!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #736 on: August 19, 2016, 06:43:12 PM »

Is that you Francis?

Contracted player and Collingwood always plays hardball. What do you think they will take?

Lennon has shown virtually nothing. It's a hopeful hypothetical for me and I'd actually be surprised if they let him go for that. They will want pick 6 guaranteed...
Yeah. They can keep him and his inflated salary and play him in the twos......oh wait!

Yeah I definitely wouldn't include pick 6 in a trade for Cloke. His salary next year is reportedly $500,000 due to a front-loaded contract and Collingwood will likely pay some of that.

For example if we offered Cloke three years @ $500,000 and Collingwood paid half of the first year we'd be looking at $1,250,000 for three years which is realistically the kind of money Vickery has been making. Cloke would be a huge upgrade on him surely.

There's reports Collingwood will let him go cheaply but I don't believe that, they never let players go cheaply. If we could get him for a lower price than I suggested then it would be a big win for us IMO.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #737 on: August 19, 2016, 06:53:52 PM »

Is that you Francis?

Geez H Geez brutha, that is wayyyyy overs. He's pushing 30 and been VFL standard for he past two years. He wants to go too, so Collingwood have nothing to gain by holding onto him. Even pick 19 alone would be overs.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #738 on: August 19, 2016, 07:11:41 PM »

Is that you Francis?

Effing nonsense. Ridiculous.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #739 on: August 19, 2016, 07:12:18 PM »

Is that you Francis?

Geez H Geez brutha, that is wayyyyy overs. He's pushing 30 and been VFL standard for he past two years. He wants to go too, so Collingwood have nothing to gain by holding onto him. Even pick 19 alone would be overs.

Lennon has very little value to me.

Given we paid pick 30 odd for Hampson I don't think it's too bad. Just a hypothetical anyway which could net us talent and picks in exchange for a bunch of players who are likely to hold us back.

What's your alternative? Or don't you have one?

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #740 on: August 19, 2016, 07:13:25 PM »

Is that you Francis?

Yet again, what is your alternative or trade strategy? Poking holes in mine is fine but do you have anything constructive to add?

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #741 on: August 19, 2016, 07:27:02 PM »

Is that you Francis?

Yet again, what is your alternative or trade strategy? Poking holes in mine is fine but do you have anything constructive to add?

Do not do what you said. And we are ahead of your option.

Let me put it this way, im wasting my time replying if you genuinely think what you think.
"Sliding doors moment.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #742 on: August 19, 2016, 07:52:10 PM »

Is that you Francis?

Let me put it this way, im wasting my time replying if you genuinely think what you think.

I just want more discussion in general. Any thoughts on the rest of my proposed plan? Any ideas of your own?

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #743 on: August 19, 2016, 08:06:16 PM »
Has anyone watch Cloke play this year, he's finished, Collingwood must be laughing at us, we are going to make their list clogger, salary cap problem ours.
Why would a  bloke who can't get a game with his own club become a better player at Richmond. This is why we always finished 9th.
What a joke.
Time to get Someone with a football brain at Richmond.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #744 on: August 19, 2016, 08:32:14 PM »

Is that you Francis?

I just want more discussion in general. Any thoughts on the rest of my proposed plan? Any ideas of your own?

Sorry dude. Just hate the bastard!

To be fair I think most of what you posted was a decent outcome. And would take.

Think your scenario for Conca is a bit off. I would take crozier over pick 31.

"Sliding doors moment.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #745 on: August 19, 2016, 08:34:53 PM »
Has anyone watch Cloke play this year, he's finished, Collingwood must be laughing at us, we are going to make their list clogger, salary cap problem ours.
Why would a  bloke who can't get a game with his own club become a better player at Richmond. This is why we always finished 9th.
What a joke.
Time to get Someone with a football brain at Richmond.

Is on 500k so pies can split the diff if we take him on. Not that I would want him for free even....
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #746 on: August 19, 2016, 09:16:51 PM »

Is that you Francis?

:clapping
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #747 on: August 20, 2016, 02:03:39 AM »
Aaron Black anybody?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #748 on: August 20, 2016, 02:45:33 AM »
Does he get anxiety before a game?
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #749 on: August 20, 2016, 03:14:49 AM »
Gold Coast made an audacious play to lure Brownlow medallist Nat Fyfe to the Gold Coast.

The draft pick rich Suns have offered two first-round picks and potentially another player to Fremantle to get the deal done either in this year’s trade period or next year when Fyfe becomes a restricted free agent.

Gold Coast currently have two picks in the top 10 in this year’s draft, plus whatever they receive for out-of-contract midfielder Dion Prestia who wants out of the Suns and is believed to have nominated Richmond as his destination of choice.

They would be rolling in first round picks if Jaeger O’Meara also departed.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/gold-coast-suns-set-to-launch-audacious-bid-for-fremantle-superstar-nat-fyfe/news-story/7a86f90010ed6303ed3bbcfba814e831