Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 452366 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #855 on: August 25, 2016, 02:45:35 PM »
First off season signing confirmed!!
Port has opted not to resign jay schulz.
Welcome back to tigerland!!!

2 years doing a back pocket apprenticeship, in his 3rd year we can unleash him in the forward line  :clapping
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #856 on: August 25, 2016, 02:47:46 PM »
"Coach" will be rapt....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #857 on: August 25, 2016, 02:56:29 PM »
You da man!
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #858 on: August 25, 2016, 03:18:53 PM »
i find it bewildering that a anyone would think that a bloke whos back ground was a playuer manager would be installed into a position that he can override decisions made by those specificity paid to make those decisions.

following the line of thought that the general manager of football ultimately has the final say on all matters football, that would mean when he was a player manager, he made the decisions on how the players played or overode their wishes on contracts.

I dont think the players themselves have too much input into these things either, besides their putting forward their wish lists, which would normally be done through their managers BTW, otherwise barely any player would be delisted and everyone would be on long term high paying contracts.

A large part of Dans role is doing exactly what he did as a player manager, just he's changed sides.

Even if it was balme in the position, he wouldnt be able to overide the coach and list manager, otherwise why even bother with a list manager? and how laughable would it be for a coach to be told he must keep players he may not want and loose players he does want?

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #859 on: August 25, 2016, 04:07:36 PM »
First off season signing confirmed!!
Port has opted not to resign jay schulz.
Welcome back to tigerland!!!

“Personally, I think I have a couple of years of footy left in me and I look forward to developing off-field too. Helping young players get the best out of themselves is a passion of mine and I’m keen to pursue a career in coaching once my playing days are over," Schulz said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/port-adelaide/port-adelaide-key-forward-jay-schulz-retires-from-power/news-story/d289a6715fe75c2b8701ea3ccec876e6

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #860 on: August 25, 2016, 04:37:43 PM »
Richmond are also looking at some of Essendon’s top up players, according to the source.

“We liked what we saw from Matty Stokes this year, even at 31 he showed a lot more skill and pace than anything Steve Morris could muster up.”

http://www.thegreenfieldpost.com.au/sport/afl/opinion-gfp/2016/8/richmond-reportedly-set-to-recruit-axed-north-posse/

:lol :lol

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #861 on: August 25, 2016, 05:15:40 PM »
Gold, should be a fun off season, lets hope we get pumped this week to keep things warm

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #862 on: August 25, 2016, 05:45:26 PM »
yesssssss I can see it now
In: Cloke, Shulz, Stokes and Bartel

Locked and loaded
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #863 on: August 25, 2016, 05:47:44 PM »
Gold, should be a fun off season, lets hope we get pumped this week to keep things warm

Yep a good pumping is required. 
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #864 on: August 25, 2016, 08:18:54 PM »
see my post above

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #865 on: August 25, 2016, 09:17:02 PM »
see my post above

Is he named for the swans?

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #866 on: August 25, 2016, 09:33:39 PM »
i find it bewildering that a anyone would think that a bloke whos back ground was a playuer manager would be installed into a position that he can override decisions made by those specificity paid to make those decisions.

following the line of thought that the general manager of football ultimately has the final say on all matters football, that would mean when he was a player manager, he made the decisions on how the players played or overode their wishes on contracts.

I dont think the players themselves have too much input into these things either, besides their putting forward their wish lists, which would normally be done through their managers BTW, otherwise barely any player would be delisted and everyone would be on long term high paying contracts.

A large part of Dans role is doing exactly what he did as a player manager, just he's changed sides.

Even if it was balme in the position, he wouldnt be able to overide the coach and list manager, otherwise why even bother with a list manager? and how laughable would it be for a coach to be told he must keep players he may not want and loose players he does want?
Agree with all of that.

I mentioned this a couple of months ago but I know for a fact that BH didnt want to give a player a contract extension but it happened anyway. Halfwit has more say in who stays and who goes than anyone else at the club... And probably rightly so IMO as senior coach. But as an organisation you would want to think the coach knows what he is doing.
I also know a few, apparently in charge, wanted to keep Matty Dea last year but Halfwit didn't and guess what!

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #867 on: August 25, 2016, 10:25:32 PM »

He has a completely different job - at ESP he was in a client service role, at Richmond he's the General Manager of Football. He's the boss so while I'd agree he isn't the List Manager as the stuffing GM of Football operations he'd have every right to ask why the stuffing hell we are giving Astbury 3 years. It would be like Dimma not being able to tell Jack what to do because he's never played forward.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #868 on: August 26, 2016, 07:39:35 AM »
see my post above

Is he named for the swans?
I think he is and he will be doing our recruiting as well

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #869 on: August 26, 2016, 09:05:49 AM »
At RFC it's no one's fault. 

"We consider ourselves a blameless organisation, one that likes to constantly learn and improve.  Pointing the finger can have a detrimental effect on ones self esteem so we'd rather take the course of nurturing and developing"