Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 452373 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #1005 on: September 06, 2016, 10:56:31 PM »
Hm get a first round pick please Cats. Keep your fringe players.

1st round pick for Lids. Send Motlop to North they love give up first rounders. On trade that for Lids.
Ellis and Edwards for Prestia.
Vickery for 2nd round compo

Out: Lids, Vickery, Ellis and Edwards
In: Prestia, 1st and 2nd round picks

Add our pick 6 into the list next year that is 3 very talented players in exchange for 3 over rated players with countless chances and an injury prone elite player with 3 years left.

Win.
I like it but don't stop there.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1006 on: September 06, 2016, 11:02:31 PM »
Still Conca and Lennon to cash in currency. Awful and idiotic by us to make it public that Conca isn't required. We hold no cards now and wouldn't get a high 3rd rounder if we tried unless we get lucky.

Lennon has currency. Think we should be able to command a high draft pick. GC have a heap and want players. Imagine Edwards, Ellis and Lennon off to GC for Prestia and a top 20 pick.

I'd also look at trading Grimes / Astbury to see what type of deals would be interesting. Same as Griffiths. Must be active.

Houli and Grigg shopped to a top 4 club could generate a decent 2nd round pick.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1007 on: September 06, 2016, 11:06:23 PM »
Package Lennon and the Deledio 1st rounder, send to Carlton for pick 4.
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1008 on: September 06, 2016, 11:10:30 PM »
Still Conca and Lennon to cash in currency. Awful and idiotic by us to make it public that Conca isn't required. We hold no cards now and wouldn't get a high 3rd rounder if we tried unless we get lucky.

Lennon has currency. Think we should be able to command a high draft pick. GC have a heap and want players. Imagine Edwards, Ellis and Lennon off to GC for Prestia and a top 20 pick.

I'd also look at trading Grimes / Astbury to see what type of deals would be interesting. Same as Griffiths. Must be active.

Four blokes we've just re-signed -three for multiple years- and can't actually trade for at least a year....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1009 on: September 06, 2016, 11:58:43 PM »
Four blokes with currency. The rest are chicken poo hence not resigned.

What rule is there that restricts you trading someone that you have contracted?

If you agree to trade with a club and the player is happy to be traded. Travis Cloke is contracted.
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1010 on: September 07, 2016, 12:22:12 AM »
I'd don't know the exact rules but I'm pretty sure you can't trade players in the first year of a contract...

....apart from that why would we extend Houli's contract by two years, give Astbury three years and Griffiths two years then trade them?

...we'd probably also have to pay part of their salaries at their new clubs for a start....like Collingwood will likely have to do with Cloke...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1011 on: September 07, 2016, 06:03:06 AM »
I so excited.
Let's get as many high draft picks this year as we can and let's bet how many become superstars of the game.  :rollin

The club that keeps giving.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1012 on: September 07, 2016, 02:13:34 PM »
Four blokes we've just re-signed -three for multiple years- and can't actually trade for at least a year....

I know you mentioned previously that in the Longer situation he must have agreed to a trade because you can't trade someone in their first year of contract unless they agree to it. So can you explain how that is any different to any other year of someones contract?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1013 on: September 07, 2016, 02:16:51 PM »

Wat
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1014 on: September 07, 2016, 02:48:03 PM »
I'd don't know the exact rules but I'm pretty sure you can't trade players in the first year of a contract...

....apart from that why would we extend Houli's contract by two years, give Astbury three years and Griffiths two years then trade them?

...we'd probably also have to pay part of their salaries at their new clubs for a start....like Collingwood will likely have to do with Cloke...
i understand it to be within the 1st 12 mths of the contract being signed.
with the guys we signed on i reckon it's the hope that they are pushed out of the 22 & are "depth only" in the last yr of thier contract

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1015 on: September 07, 2016, 02:49:24 PM »

i understand it to be within the 1st 12 mths of the contract being signed.
with the guys we signed on i reckon it's the hope that they are pushed out of the 22 & are "depth only" in the last yr of thier contract

Yeah I reckon Jennifer Hawkins going to reply to my letter any day now
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1016 on: September 07, 2016, 03:31:54 PM »
Unlucky, she replied to mine instantly

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1017 on: September 07, 2016, 03:35:02 PM »
Unlucky, she replied to mine instantly
And she wrote to me and I hadn't even written to her!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Shammo80

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1018 on: September 07, 2016, 04:02:02 PM »
conca would be a risk like both yarran and bennell. Funny both those blokes tigers wanted to get never played a game all year tell yah something and the year before looked at trengrove who didn't play a game....
the worst thing is we still have morris hunt Elton on 1 year deals.
must off load moore and townsend they didn't step up and not worth holding onto the list
conca, lennon, ty hoping for draft picks
dids if geelong want him wouldn't touch him for motlop specially when we were into him last year and he signed on at geelong for decent coin so that wont happen

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1019 on: September 07, 2016, 04:18:34 PM »

when did this happen?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI