Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 452366 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #1950 on: October 19, 2016, 07:10:38 PM »
Age saying the first rounder we get from GWS will go to Geelong for Caddy....... :facepalm

Yessssssssssssssss that's more like it Tigers  :clapping

Actually, I'll play devil's advocate for a change.....whilst 15 is massive overs for Caddy IMO and I'd rather not do that - the general consensus amongst all the draft experts is that you can pretty much throw a blanket over the talent between pick 8 and pick 30, possibly even up to pick 40, so there won't really be that much of a difference between pick 15 and our next two current picks, 24 & 27...... my concern however is even if this is indeed the case, the further we go down the order, the more "funky" & "cute" our recruiters tend to get with their selections....i.e. less chance of us reaching for a bloke worth pick 40-60 with 15 than there is with 24 & 27.....

Also, I'd really like Griffin Logue and there's a chance he still might be there at 15.....

Chance are, if you want him we'll take someone else.

Also blanket over talent pool or not. Its pretty clear what we need and we know we wont address it
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

dwaino

« Reply #1951 on: October 19, 2016, 07:12:27 PM »
Age saying the first rounder we get from GWS will go to Geelong for Caddy....... :facepalm

Actually, I'll play devil's advocate for a change.....whilst 15 is massive overs for Caddy IMO and I'd rather not do that - the general consensus amongst all the draft experts is that you can pretty much throw a blanket over the talent between pick 8 and pick 30, possibly even up to pick 40, so there won't really be that much of a difference between pick 15 and our next two current picks, 24 & 27...... my concern however is even if this is indeed the case, the further we go down the order, the more "funky" & "cute" our recruiters tend to get with their selections....i.e. less chance of us reaching for a bloke worth pick 40-60 with 15 than there is with 24 & 27.....

Also, I'd really like Griffin Logue and there's a chance he still might be there at 15.....

Also blanket over talent pool or not. Its pretty clear what we need and we know we wont address it

Fine eyes to pull a special. Woah, the competition will be left scratching their heads  :shh

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1952 on: October 19, 2016, 07:15:19 PM »

Fine eyes to pull a special. Woah, the competition will be left scratching their heads  :shh

Oh jeez wow! We couldn't believe our luck that player was waiting for us at pick 27... just what we wanted  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1953 on: October 19, 2016, 07:31:14 PM »
Cats wanted lids and 27

An they may get 27

(Caddy)

Would be dam good
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1954 on: October 19, 2016, 07:39:55 PM »
Cats wanted lids and 27

An they may get 27

(Caddy)

Would be dam good

Strange that, isn't it? Salary must be busting at the seams. Wonder if it played a part in Bartel retiring

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1955 on: October 19, 2016, 07:48:48 PM »
Ch7 reports Lids for #15 & #27 for Caddy

:pray

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1956 on: October 19, 2016, 07:59:19 PM »
Cats wanted lids and 27

An they may get 27

(Caddy)

Would be dam good

Payback for Ottens. Part payback anyway.

Eff em.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1957 on: October 19, 2016, 08:10:18 PM »
It's been a while since we could say that Richmond has had a good trade period. It seems we have been accommodating, shrewd and uncompromising at times when it counted.

Just need to see this translate to the games.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1958 on: October 19, 2016, 08:13:46 PM »
It's been a while since we could say that Richmond has had a good trade period. It seems we have been accommodating, shrewd and uncompromising at times when it counted.

turn it up. We have done what is required at the bare minimum and buckled under pressure and gave GC pick 6 or did you forget that?

Get Caddy and a mid teen pick and its a pass for me. Certainly one of the better ones in recent times but not great until we see how these 2 perform. (caddy, prestia)

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1959 on: October 19, 2016, 08:16:54 PM »

Until we have proof ie Caddy = pick 26, Lids = 13/15 then we have no real evidence.
Prestia for pick 6 is an ok deal (trading future 2nd round pick for their current 2nd round is vanilla)
Nankervis is just another deal
Neither are exactly shrewd or uncompromising....
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1960 on: October 19, 2016, 08:19:10 PM »

turn it up. We have done what is required at the bare minimum and buckled under pressure and gave GC pick 6 or did you forget that?

Get Caddy and a mid teen pick and its a pass for me. Certainly one of the better ones in recent times but not great until we see how these 2 perform. (caddy, prestia)
One thing is certain for some of you and that is Caddy and Prestia are certainly going to be better than a couple of betamax specials..... :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1961 on: October 19, 2016, 08:20:30 PM »

Until we have proof ie Caddy = pick 26, Lids = 13/15 then we have no real evidence.
Prestia for pick 6 is an ok deal (trading future 2nd round pick for their current 2nd round is vanilla)
Nankervis is just another deal
Neither are exactly shrewd or uncompromising....

We have currently done Prestia for 6, essentially which is not Great.  The ruckman deal was good. Nankervis is pretty much a nobody we just were desperate for some ruckman

It's looks like things could pan out well by the deadline...

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1962 on: October 19, 2016, 08:23:17 PM »

The reality is, it has been a good trade period for us. We got overs for Lids, paid overs for Prestia but paid unders for Caddy. We also got a ruck who will be better than our current stocks for a late pick.

We have done better this trade period than many of our others. It's ok to praise the club from time to time.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1963 on: October 19, 2016, 08:24:49 PM »
Pick in the mid 20's for Tyrone was a great result too.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1964 on: October 19, 2016, 08:37:12 PM »

The reality is, it has been a good trade period for us. We got overs for Lids, paid overs for Prestia but paid unders for Caddy. We also got a ruck who will be better than our current stocks for a late pick.

We have done better this trade period than many of our others. It's ok to praise the club from time to time.

Are you serious? :lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.