Author Topic: Caronavirus - COVID 19  (Read 83121 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Caronavirus - COVID 19
« Reply #180 on: August 28, 2020, 07:07:03 AM »
Buried in this article is an admission that the Federal government stuffed up the communication with our multicultural and linguistically challenged communities.

Sounds like Immigration minister Trudge will try to blame someone else. In this case the Chinese government.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-28/minister-accuses-foreign-governments-exploiting-proud-australian/12604588

To improve those English skills, the Government is also overhauling its $1 billion Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) in a major policy change.

Mr Tudge will say the coronavirus pandemic has shown it has been difficult to communicate with multicultural Australians through mainstream channels.

"Whilst we have produced over 4,600 materials translated into 63 languages to accommodate this, the challenge in engaging with all Australians remains," he will say.

Challenges have included some bungled COVID-19 public health translations being distributed to multicultural communities and warnings the Government had failed to properly engage migrant communities earlier on in the pandemic.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #181 on: September 09, 2020, 06:14:47 AM »

Scott Morrison and Richard Colbeck must take responsibility for the deaths in aged care homes

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/federal-aged-care-watchdog-approved-homes-with-worst-covid-19-outbreaks-20200907-p55t9k.html

Many of the aged care homes hardest hit by Victoria's coronavirus outbreaks were given a clean bill of health by the federal regulator only months before their first infections.

In the past eight weeks, after coronavirus escaped Melbourne's quarantine hotels into the wider community, 531 elderly Victorians have died in aged care homes. Six more deaths in aged care were recorded on Tuesday.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #182 on: September 09, 2020, 08:31:33 AM »
Chairman Dan is responsible
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #183 on: September 09, 2020, 08:35:18 AM »
Dans finished.

The boy from my former suburb will see out Corona and hand in his resignation like his mate Bracks did.

Blood on his hands and i think he knows it.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #184 on: September 09, 2020, 09:30:57 AM »
More proof of Morrison's culpability.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/profits-in-nursing-homes-in-weak-relationship-to-quality-of-care-report-20200908-p55tko.html

A study commissioned for the aged-care royal commission shows most of Australia's for-profit nursing home companies make substantial financial gains but there is a weak relationship between the level of revenue and quality of care.

The royal commission is under pressure from nursing home providers to recommend a substantial increase in government funding to the sector, but a report by international consulting firm BDO shows the industry's income in Australia had risen faster than its expenses over the past 10 years.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #185 on: September 09, 2020, 11:00:22 AM »
no its not

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #186 on: September 09, 2020, 11:38:34 AM »
65 is reaching Chuck, and holding up to some hope that dan wont be held to account for this disaster.

case in point today after all this time his medical team flew to NSW to get a heads up on how a competent tracing system works. Couldnt admit it any sooner due to his ego.

Every day we learn something about how poorly this has been handled by Andrews team. Even more baffling is that Mikakos still has a job.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #187 on: September 09, 2020, 11:42:34 AM »
OK Thanks for the explanation

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #188 on: September 09, 2020, 12:45:42 PM »
Dan finished, and I am left as.

Regardless of whether or not he has done the right thing on points X, Y and Z. He will go.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #189 on: September 09, 2020, 01:11:52 PM »
I dunno why people continue to take Chairman Dan or '65's posts seriously... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #190 on: September 09, 2020, 02:32:23 PM »
I think there alot of people who need to take responsibility for what has happened

It doesn't matter at what point you want to apportion blame or who you want to blame, there is blood on many hands

This pandemic started 7 months ago and if anyone wanted to they could go back to Feb, early March and make a list failures and apportion blame through to now.

Errors have been made by so many and depending on side of the fence you chose to sit on seems determine when you want to start the blame game and who you want to blame.

Right now I don't give a rats who is to blame, it isnt going to change a thing, it isn't going to fix anything. Right now is about getting through this, doing what's needed to get these restrictions lifted

Blaming, sooking about how tough our lot is right now, throwing people under buses isn't going to fix things.

People will receive many platters with different heads on them once this is over, that is absolutely guaranteed.

I was looking for a photo of my late Dad on Sunday for Father's day and while looking I pulled out the postcards my Grandpa sent my Grandma during WWI.  He was gone for 3 years. Was wounded 3 times and arrived back in Australia in 1918. The next year he had to deal with Spanish flu epidemic. By 1936 he was a widower raising 4 children. He lived through the Great Depression. He died long before I was born because he got taken put by the big C in the 1950's. He saw and lived through some things we couldn't imagine

Ma Powell always said despite all of those things he never complained. "The most decent man she ever knew" she used to say.

Relevance? Right now everyone is complaining, whinging and blaming because things are a bit tough and we hate it. But people like my Grandpa and many people on here grand parents went through a helluva lot worse than what we are right now. And they just got on with things, doubt that they liked it but they dealt with it

I want this crap to be over as much as anyone but harping on about who is to blame isn't going to end it. Might make people feel better but it doesn't change anything

That's all
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #191 on: September 09, 2020, 03:10:06 PM »
I think there alot of people who need to take responsibility for what has happened

It doesn't matter at what point you want to apportion blame or who you want to blame, there is blood on many hands

This pandemic started 7 months ago and if anyone wanted to they could go back to Feb, early March and make a list failures and apportion blame through to now.

Errors have been made by so many and depending on side of the fence you chose to sit on seems determine when you want to start the blame game and who you want to blame.

Right now I don't give a rats who is to blame, it isnt going to change a thing, it isn't going to fix anything. Right now is about getting through this, doing what's needed to get these restrictions lifted

Blaming, sooking about how tough our lot is right now, throwing people under buses isn't going to fix things.

People will receive many platters with different heads on them once this is over, that is absolutely guaranteed.

I was looking for a photo of my late Dad on Sunday for Father's day and while looking I pulled out the postcards my Grandpa sent my Grandma during WWI.  He was gone for 3 years. Was wounded 3 times and arrived back in Australia in 1918. The next year he had to deal with Spanish flu epidemic. By 1936 he was a widower raising 4 children. He lived through the Great Depression. He died long before I was born because he got taken put by the big C in the 1950's. He saw and lived through some things we couldn't imagine

Ma Powell always said despite all of those things he never complained. "The most decent man she ever knew" she used to say.

Relevance? Right now everyone is complaining, whinging and blaming because things are a bit tough and we hate it. But people like my Grandpa and many people on here grand parents went through a helluva lot worse than what we are right now. And they just got on with things, doubt that they liked it but they dealt with it

I want this crap to be over as much as anyone but harping on about who is to blame isn't going to end it. Might make people feel better but it doesn't change anything

That's all

Well said.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #192 on: September 09, 2020, 03:12:06 PM »
Sorry WP, but that is a load of garbage. People are affected here (covid, small business, mental health etc) so anyone and everyone has a right to pass judgement should they wish to.

I wish you would take your own advice, because let me tell you if it was say abbott in charge of Victoria locking up those Flemington towers as an example you would be numero on here complaining about human rights. Your posts earlier this year when you and others couldn't help yourselves having a go at Scomo, is exactly what im talking about.

This is about having accountability like any CEO of any business in this country

Andrews team and their decisions have caused 600 deaths.  It's actually that simple and he will ultimately he be held to account and will resign IMO.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #193 on: September 09, 2020, 03:16:14 PM »
Dan finished, and I am left as.

Regardless of whether or not he has done the right thing on points X, Y and Z. He will go.

yep, i am more convinced now than ever.

he will see Covid out, then step aside and allow someone else a clear unimpeded run at the next election.

You cant cause this much damage and still continue on.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #194 on: September 09, 2020, 04:22:57 PM »
Sorry WP, but that is a load of garbage. People are affected here (covid, small business, mental health etc) so anyone and everyone has a right to pass judgement should they wish to.

I wish you would take your own advice, because let me tell you if it was say abbott in charge of Victoria locking up those Flemington towers as an example you would be numero on here complaining about human rights. Your posts earlier this year when you and others couldn't help yourselves having a go at Scomo, is exactly what im talking about.

This is about having accountability like any CEO of any business in this country

Andrews team and their decisions have caused 600 deaths.  It's actually that simple and he will ultimately he be held to account and will resign IMO.

Thank you Frank for reminding me why I don't post in these threads anymore and for not actually bothering to take in what i was saying...

I am not going to try and explain myself, defend myself for having an opinion because I don't need the attacks, character assassinations that i have copped over the journey in these threads. (that is over the 363 pages of the politics thread and the 13 pages here)

thanks again  :thumbsup

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)