Author Topic: Jack Ross [merged]  (Read 84961 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Jack Ross [merged]
« Reply #330 on: July 31, 2022, 11:49:58 PM »
Has a three week hiatus and is picked over a bloke who carves it up.
The norm happens regardless after a decent game 3 or 4 weeks ago he backs it up with mediocrity.

Reckon this week a bit of blame goes to Ross and the dumb arse selectors who picked him. Never ever done enough to warrant such a selection coming off injury.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #331 on: August 01, 2022, 12:13:06 AM »
The norm happens regardless after a decent game 3 or 4 weeks ago he backs it up with mediocrity.

Reckon this week a bit of blame goes to Ross and the dumb arse selectors who picked him. Never ever done enough to warrant such a selection coming off injury.

Agree
Go Tigers!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #332 on: August 01, 2022, 09:51:54 AM »

👆👆👆👆👆

Spot on
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #333 on: August 20, 2022, 10:17:19 PM »
Had a pretty good game

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #334 on: August 20, 2022, 10:19:26 PM »
Had a pretty good game

Easy when you're fisting a pack of amoral drug cheats but yes he did. Didn't lay a tackle though.

Despite that I think he's a better option that Graham at the moment, who has had a poor 4-6 weeks himself.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #335 on: August 20, 2022, 10:21:59 PM »
Had a pretty good game

Easy when you're fisting a pack of amoral drug cheats but yes he did. Didn't lay a tackle though.

Despite that I think he's a better option that Graham at the moment, who has had a poor 4-6 weeks himself.

I tend to agree although Graham has come up big in finals past. Like I said in the game thread I’d consider dropping Gibcus and playing 1 def less and 1 mid more if we play the pies. If it’s the lions I think Gibcus has to stay if for nothing else for him being tall.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #336 on: August 20, 2022, 10:24:58 PM »
Best game Ross has played since his debut game. I know it was only against Essendon but it was the best I've seen his vision, decision making and use of the ball in an AFL game. I don't recall one obvious error with his 21 possies. His disposal efficiency reflects that at 95%.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #337 on: August 20, 2022, 10:31:18 PM »
Ross has improved this year.

He still has a way to go and he’s still no more than a backup/depth  player, but I think he’s shown enough to keep around for another year.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #338 on: August 21, 2022, 12:16:51 AM »
Best game Ross has played since his debut game. I know it was only against Essendon but it was the best I've seen his vision, decision making and use of the ball in an AFL game. I don't recall one obvious error with his 21 possies. His disposal efficiency reflects that at 95%.

Thought he was good

Biggest mistake he made on the night was allowing Parish to get a very soft goal at a stoppage in the 2nd, no defensive pressure, no game awareness. Was awful to watch

However, I  will again cool my jets on saying it was a breakout game for him because we've seen it before. Plays a very good even great game and then goes missing. He needs to start backing these types of game up.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #339 on: August 21, 2022, 05:35:07 AM »
Ross' stats last night:

21 disposals (10k, 11h, 3c, 18u, 95.2% eff.)
7 marks
0 tackles
1 clearance
5 inside 50s
1 intercept
322 metres gained
14 score involvements (equal most)
2 goal assists
1 goal
80% time on ground

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #340 on: August 21, 2022, 08:34:08 AM »
Good game, lets just see how he goes against anything but witches hats, which is what that rabble was last night.

Elimination final will see where he is at, and i wont hold my breath il see any defensive pressure from him.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #341 on: August 21, 2022, 02:32:01 PM »
I like Ross and have enjoyed his development this year. Becoming cleaner when distributing the ball is still a work in progress, but he is progressing nicely  :clapping

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #342 on: August 21, 2022, 02:48:13 PM »
He played the best game Ive seen him ever play. Clean and accurate with the ball all night and his decision making was elite. Hopefully he plays like this when under duress and real pressure.

If he continues down this track Id be a huge fan of his and retract all I’ve said about him to this point.

The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #343 on: August 22, 2022, 05:49:38 AM »
It was the fourth time this season in 14 games that the 21-year-old has had 20 disposals or more, underlining his improvement at the game’s highest level.

“I was rapt to be back in and play some more football . . . and really happy to get the win,” Ross said.

Ross’ capacity to create opportunities for teammates, over the course of the four quarters, was a particularly impressive feature of his display against the Bombers.

“I knew I had a few (potential shots for goal) from the pocket that I wasn’t going to be able to kick, so if I can help bring our vision to the game, that’s something I pride myself on, for sure,” he said.

“And it was good to see them (teammates) finish off the work.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1205762/ross-returns-in-impressive-style

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #344 on: August 22, 2022, 03:05:54 PM »
Richmond’s Jack Ross hopes his finals turn has come as Dustin Martin and potentially Jack Graham prepare to return

It’s tight for posts at Tigerland, as Jack Ross knows all too well, but the young midfielder is daring to dream he will be play in the elimination final against Brisbane.

Marc McGowan
HeraldSun
August 22, 2022 - 11:33AM

Fringe Tiger Jack Ross is dreaming of playing in his first final next week after a strong weekend performance, albeit with the spectre of Dustin Martin and potentially Jack Graham preparing to return.

Graham’s toe injury opened the door for Ross to return for Saturday night’s 11-goal thrashing of Essendon and he responded with 21 disposals and a career-most 14 score involvements in a sparkling audition.

Ross has played 43 games during one of Richmond’s greatest eras and was on the verge of being Graham’s injury replacement for the 2019 grand final, only for Marlion Pickett to force his way in with a brilliant VFL grand final display.

Pickett famously leapfrogged Ross and Kamdyn McIntosh, who were held out of the VFL decider and placed on standby, to make his AFL debut on the biggest stage.

Ross turns 22 on September 3 – two days after the Tigers face the Lions in an elimination final at the Gabba – and is amid his best season yet but will endure a nervous wait.

Graham’s ability to shake a turf toe-type problem could be the key to his September appearance.

“It was nice to play a good game in the last round of the year, heading into finals. I knew I had to,” Ross told News Corp.

“Positionally, I wasn’t needed last week, with Jack Graham playing on-ball and ‘Shedda’ (Shane Edwards) coming in to play up forward – so to come back in and play my role and get the win was the most important thing.

“But it’s tough. I’ve been in and out, but I feel like I learn a lot from it every week and last week was no different.

“You kind of dwell on it for 24 hours or whatever but I know that if I keep dwelling on it, it’s no good for the guys around me. I just need to move on, which I’m proud of myself for this week.”

Kane Lambert has already retired and Edwards will join him at season’s end, but Ross still has a number of Richmond greats to compete with, as well as emerging young guns such as Tyler Sonsie.

“There are still so many Richmond legends, like Trent (Cotchin), who are playing and it’s pretty surreal still,” he said.

“We’ve got all the premiership photos in our meeting room and every morning you look at it and it’s pretty special and you definitely don’t take it for granted.

“Now, we’ve found ourselves in a spot where we could do it again, and I feel like if anyone can do it, it’s us.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2022-richmonds-jack-ross-hopes-his-finals-turn-has-come-as-dustin-martin-and-potentially-jack-graham-prepare-to-return/news-story/1fd9c4ec5a9c512cb52a85299d069d82