Author Topic: Jack Ross [merged]  (Read 84983 times)

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Jack Ross [merged]
« Reply #465 on: July 11, 2023, 06:35:49 AM »
Utility

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #466 on: July 11, 2023, 12:58:27 PM »
Always backed him in but as a pure inside mid and thought the main reason he hadn't kicked on was due to him being played in the wrong position -along with the slimming down- so it's to his credit that he's starting to thrive in his current role and shows that he's even better than I thought as he's demonstrated a versatility I previously thought was beyond his skill set. Having said all that - still think he needs to be on ball more though and hopefully he will be eventually. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #467 on: July 22, 2023, 08:21:57 PM »
Great game from Jack today, he is taking leaps and bounds. Composure and delivery very good 👍🏿 and well done

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #468 on: July 22, 2023, 08:28:42 PM »
Yep, didn't think he had it in him a year ago to be all that effective on the outside but since late last year he's been very handy for the most part. Good to see
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #469 on: July 22, 2023, 10:26:53 PM »
Bloody good.

Great strength through the hips, clean hands, good marking etc.

Undroppable at this stage.

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #470 on: July 23, 2023, 11:29:56 AM »
This kid has been in and out of the team for several years now , never really settled until now it seems.
He almost seems like a calm head out there, doesn’t seem rushed and appears to have time .. a rare ability

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #471 on: July 23, 2023, 12:12:24 PM »
Since Dimma left flourishing not chopping and changing him all over the place.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #472 on: July 23, 2023, 02:44:27 PM »
Still quite extraordinary that he's only back in the side because he tore it up after coming on early as a sub for Bauer after being dropped from the starting 22 basically because he's the wrong Jack .... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #473 on: July 23, 2023, 03:55:19 PM »
He’s a keeper and a good reason why you don’t bin a player 2 or 3 seasons in.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #474 on: July 23, 2023, 04:34:25 PM »
Composure very good. Well done to him.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #475 on: July 23, 2023, 07:48:42 PM »
Still quite extraordinary that he's only back in the side because he tore it up after coming on early as a sub for Bauer after being dropped from the starting 22 basically because he's the wrong Jack .... :shh

Different rules for different guys

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #476 on: July 23, 2023, 08:41:00 PM »
  :shh :shh

Different rules for different guys

:shh :shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #477 on: July 24, 2023, 02:07:52 PM »
Run of games makes Ross the boss of his own destiny

By Sarah Black
afl.com.au
24 July 2023

FOR THE first time in his career, Jack Ross has found consistency.

Consistency in his position on the field, in his spot in the best 22, and in his performance within games.

The 22-year-old Richmond midfielder managed seven consecutive games last year, and seven again in 2021, but the one-point win over Hawthorn on Saturday was his 12th straight game.

"It's been nice. I always had a feeling that if I could play consistent games, then I would start developing at a more rapid pace," Ross told afl.com.au.

"I probably plateaued there for a little bit, being in and out, but to come in now – I'm in my fifth year, I feel like I need to do something and take a step.

"I feel like I've embraced my position in the change to the wing. I've got awesome players to work off like Kamdyn (McIntosh) and Marlion (Pickett), young guys like 'Banksy' (Sam Banks) who play wing as well. Hopefully I can just keep building, it's been nice to play."

Ross captained Vic Metro at under-16 level, but wasn't selected for the under-18s state team, eventually picked up by Richmond with pick No.43 in 2018.

Having been a bit-part player for the Tigers prior to this year, filling in spots at half-forward and in the centre, he's found his home on the wing, where his steady head and neat sidestep have come to the fore, averaging 18.4 disposals and 5.6 marks.

Ross said being pushed out to substitute against Sydney – after a 21-disposal effort the week prior in the heavy loss to Brisbane – proved he played best when he has a point to make, kicking two goals to half-time after an early Jacob Bauer injury.

"I always play with a little bit of a chip on my shoulder, and I feel like I generally respond to being dropped or put out in a good manner. I just trust the coaches in what they want me to work on," Ross said.

"I try and train as hard as I can during the week to rectify and put my hand up.

"To get on as early as I did the other week, it was a blessing for me and a bit of a curse for Bauer to go down with a hamstring. But that was definitely a game I didn't want to let slip, and to capitalise as best as I could, I felt like I did that."

Richmond came from six goals down just before three-quarter time on Saturday to defeat Hawthorn by a solitary point.

The Dreamtime at the 'G loss to Essendon earlier this year – Damien Hardwick's final match in charge – marked the ninth-straight Tiger loss in games decided by less than a goal, with an additional three draws thrown in for good measure.

"We knew that come tight situations, it's crunch time. I think we needed to put a bit more time and effort during the week into preparing those situations. You're not guaranteed to go into them during games, but when you do, it's important to know you can do it in a calm manner," Ross said.

"I think in the past we might have been a bit hectic and a lot of messages and mixed signals. But we're very calm now, our coaches are awesome with directing those messages straight to us and everyone's around it now.

"It definitely helps when you have the Tiger army behind you and the stadium starts erupting. To handle the pressure the way we did is really, really pleasing. To come into crunch time at the end of the season, this is a massive step for us."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/986962/run-of-games-makes-ross-the-boss-of-his-own-destiny

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #478 on: July 25, 2023, 10:21:17 PM »
'I think it's really promising' - Ross

Jack Ross speaks with media ahead of this weekend's clash with Melbourne.

WATCH HERE: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/1386818/-i-think-it-s-really-promising-ross

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #479 on: July 26, 2023, 01:26:22 AM »
Wrong Jack