Author Topic: Cricket thread  (Read 67309 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Cricket thread
« Reply #885 on: July 22, 2023, 12:33:50 AM »
Getting sick of holding Cummins' beer for him....is he going to open the bowling with Smith & Labuschagne for his next trick?   :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #886 on: July 22, 2023, 01:01:08 AM »
Aussies 1/39 at Tea.

Khawaja  18
Warner   17*
Labuschagne 4*

Another soft dismissal. Why play away from your body at a ball two feet wide of off stump 5 minutes before the end of the session?! :facepalm

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #887 on: July 22, 2023, 07:03:48 AM »
Poms all out for 592 with a lead of 275.

Bairstow very entertaining with a rapid 99 off 81 not out before green caught Anderson LB.

Had a laugh but also applaud Bairstow, he exposed our bowling line up for the utter dog doodoo it has been, bar Hazelwood.

Anyway I expect us to be at least 5 wickets down by stumps. Need a miracle.

It was a great innings I watched all of it. He was like a superstar lol

This test has been a disaster and the so called captain has had a shocker.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 09:19:11 AM by Francois Jackson »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #888 on: July 22, 2023, 09:10:33 AM »
And some people thought again was a terrible Captain  ::)

Tim Paine was our best compared to clueless Cummins

I know he's not a selector but he has input and our selections in this series have beggared belief and he is a party to that.

Our batting has been 2nd rate

Our bowling and fielding plans shambolic

And Cummins' captaincy pathetic

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #889 on: July 22, 2023, 09:21:22 AM »
And some people thought again was a terrible Captain  ::)

Tim Paine was our best compared to clueless Cummins

I know he's not a selector but he has input and our selections in this series have beggared belief and he is a party to that.

Our batting has been 2nd rate

Our bowling and fielding plans shambolic

And Cummins' captaincy pathetic

you see berrys call he was set to retire? I am not a cummins fan, but I very much doubt that when they still lead the series 2.1 :lol

Watching old mate Johnny think he was a superstar was very funny though. Thats the only funny i saw on day 3

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #890 on: July 22, 2023, 10:27:02 AM »

you see berrys call he was set to retire? I am not a cummins fan, but I very much doubt that when they still lead the series 2.1 :lol

Watching old mate Johnny think he was a superstar was very funny though. Thats the only funny i saw on day 3

Yes I did read what Darren Berry said

Silly statement, Cummins won't quit the captaincy they will have to sack him. And let's be honest they won't.

What Cummins has shown is against average opposition that dont challenge his captaincy calls he is good against opposition that do challenge he is clueless

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #891 on: July 22, 2023, 11:37:01 AM »
Everyone is very quick to pot Cummins
Definitely the in thing and he’s an easy whack

But I don’t hear many having much to say about Ronald

80-90% of what goes on will be decided before heading out each session and updated at drinks breaks .. all I hear is Cummins Cummins Cummins

Very little about the pathetic strategies that are being put together by the coach

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #892 on: July 22, 2023, 09:36:28 PM »
Everyone is very quick to pot Cummins
Definitely the in thing and he’s an easy whack

But I don’t hear many having much to say about Ronald

80-90% of what goes on will be decided before heading out each session and updated at drinks breaks .. all I hear is Cummins Cummins Cummins

Very little about the pathetic strategies that are being put together by the coach

Damo,

I said this about our coach a couple of weeks back, when we went short pitch bowling crazy and it wasn't working

And our coach has a lot to answer for. He concocts these plans  :banghead

But I don't apologise for whacking Cummins. He clearly isn't pushing back on our coach the clown that the plans are crap and as Captain at some point he has to stand up and say "no, it isn't working"

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #893 on: July 22, 2023, 11:46:59 PM »
I realise you said that WP
In a post directly after potting Cummins

And I counted seven times you’ve potted Cummins since and zero mention of Ronald

And apart from that mention from you , I can’t see much else where Ronald cops it .. I think he’s getting off very lightly in the public and media compared to Cummins, who is copping an absolute caning

I’m not pro Cummins as captain btw , I think Smith should be captain without doubt ..

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #894 on: July 23, 2023, 02:07:28 AM »
Aussies 5/214 at Tea.

Labuschagne  111 .... tried to play a cut shot to Joe Root and got a slight edge to the keeper. Loose shot before the Tea break.
Marsh  31*
Green   3*

We still trail by 61 runs.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #895 on: July 23, 2023, 04:05:11 AM »
No play during the final session due to rain. So that's stumps Day 4.

Up to the weather gods tonight/tomorrow.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #896 on: July 23, 2023, 07:39:23 AM »
Forecast is rain most of the day with an opportunity around 9-12 so if they can survive 35 overs or so blocking they might draw

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #897 on: July 23, 2023, 10:23:34 AM »

And I counted seven times you’ve potted Cummins since and zero mention of Ronald

And apart from that mention from you , I can’t see much else where Ronald cops it .. I think he’s getting off very lightly in the public and media compared to Cummins, who is copping an absolute caning

I’m not pro Cummins as captain btw , I think Smith should be captain without doubt ..

Fair call Damo, don't agree with the Smith as Captain but that's a topic for another day  ;D

TBH the Coach should be sacked. He's proven this series and in India that he's not up to it but the players especially Cummins love him so he will stay

But end of the day Cummins is the one out there on the field directing what goes on and currently he is showing that he has no idea of doing anything outside what is concocted in the dressing room. He needs to be able to make calls on his own. Currently he seems to advice from every player when things go pear shaped. Until he is prepared to do that I reckon he will keep getting whacked

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #898 on: July 23, 2023, 10:41:23 AM »

Fair call Damo, don't agree with the Smith as Captain but that's a topic for another day  ;D

TBH the Coach should be sacked. He's proven this series and in India that he's not up to it but the players especially Cummins love him so he will stay

But end of the day Cummins is the one out there on the field directing what goes on and currently he is showing that he has no idea of doing anything outside what is concocted in the dressing room. He needs to be able to make calls on his own. Currently he seems to advice from every player when things go pear shaped. Until he is prepared to do that I reckon he will keep getting whacked

He will get whacked no matter how he goes about it now

The guy is a soft target

Being a very strange unit probably doesn’t help his cause  :lol :lol :lol

Reckon he will be the last fast bowling captain we have

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #899 on: July 23, 2023, 03:21:53 PM »

He will get whacked no matter how he goes about it now

The guy is a soft target

Being a very strange unit probably doesn’t help his cause  :lol :lol :lol

Reckon he will be the last fast bowling captain we have

:yep

though credit where credit is due im struggling to see what more you can do other than win a series?