Author Topic: Cricket thread  (Read 67296 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Cricket thread
« Reply #1140 on: January 06, 2024, 06:57:11 PM »
The first-round groups for this year's #T20WorldCup have been revealed.

https://twitter.com/ESPNcricinfo/status/1743267576002511044

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #1141 on: January 06, 2024, 07:34:05 PM »
Oman will pose a significant obstacle in our quest for the last 8

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1142 on: January 07, 2024, 01:45:39 PM »
We'll be celebrating one of the greats in Mumbai tonight!

Congratulations on an incredible milestone and thank you for everything you do for our sport, @EllysePerry ⭐️

https://twitter.com/CricketAus/status/1743782647741235434

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1143 on: January 07, 2024, 08:10:10 PM »
Thought Pakistan were great for a visiting team. Plenty of telling mistakes but often competitive and very classy/professional.

Would be happy to have them back as opposed to some less classy mobs.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #1144 on: January 08, 2024, 02:58:20 AM »
Thought Pakistan were great for a visiting team. Plenty of telling mistakes but often competitive and very classy/professional.

Would be happy to have them back as opposed to some less classy mobs.

Oman next year
They are classy and professional

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1145 on: January 08, 2024, 09:25:58 AM »
Was a fantastic series i thought. If it wasn't for a few missed catches, and of course Cummins, i believe they would have come really close to snatching a match at least.

I was not all that interested in warner's swan song. Once a cheat always a cheat. Look how we view the blues after all these years. Same poo IMO. Be glad to see the back of him and even smith.

It's s a shame the young ones cant see real value in test cricket. I was in a room recently with my nephews while they were watching the big poo and none of them were all that interested in test cricket.

We are a class above, but its the lack of talent in other nations is disappointing. Look what is happening in SA, and how they pick teams for up and coming test tours. Shambles. ICC needs to get involved and start mandating or the decline in standards will continue.

IMO its why i rate our previous generations talent  higher than the current crop. Some top class nations simply dont gaf anymore and its sad.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1146 on: January 08, 2024, 03:24:56 PM »
Was a fantastic series i thought. If it wasn't for a few missed catches, and of course Cummins, i believe they would have come really close to snatching a match at least.

I was not all that interested in warner's swan song. Once a cheat always a cheat. Look how we view the blues after all these years. Same poo IMO. Be glad to see the back of him and even smith.

It's s a shame the young ones cant see real value in test cricket. I was in a room recently with my nephews while they were watching the big poo and none of them were all that interested in test cricket.

We are a class above, but its the lack of talent in other nations is disappointing. Look what is happening in SA, and how they pick teams for up and coming test tours. Shambles. ICC needs to get involved and start mandating or the decline in standards will continue.

IMO its why i rate our previous generations talent  higher than the current crop. Some top class nations simply dont gaf anymore and its sad.

Mate of mine was repairing Quinton de kocks bat last week.

Had a chat.

ICC doesn't pump anywhere near enough money into the countries besides Eng, Aus and Ind so they just choose T20 to make a better living.

BBL higher wages are only about $150k apparently (for 6 weeks work mind you) but obviously nothing like IPL wages.

It's a shame because I like the other countries, get a bit sick of India's arrogance and England's whining. Would like to have more teams visit here.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1147 on: January 08, 2024, 05:43:02 PM »

Had a chat.

ICC doesn't pump anywhere near enough money into the countries besides Eng, Aus and Ind so they just choose T20 to make a better living.

BBL higher wages are only about $150k apparently (for 6 weeks work mind you) but obviously nothing like IPL wages.

It's a shame because I like the other countries, get a bit sick of India's arrogance and England's whining. Would like to have more teams visit here.

yep you cant begrudge them for running for the cash, but ICC are inflaming the situation by basically letting it run its course. How in the world is SA allowed to send a bunch of duds to NZ is incredible.

its not just current players but the young ones are training for t20 format games not test cricket. Test cricket is so boring as i have been repeatedly told this summer.

The standard of play is so poor atm, but it was nice to see how the pakis conducted themselves over here.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1148 on: January 08, 2024, 08:19:42 PM »

Had a chat.

I find this  interesting about the ICC and where the money goes. Aust, England and India are the only countries that are self-sufficient. Find it hard to believe that we get any money from the ICC

The ICC is greatest toothless Tiger in international sport. To scared to stand up BCCI and basically let them do what they like

Don't support Test cricket, happy to let T20 takeover..

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1149 on: January 08, 2024, 11:41:38 PM »

Had a chat.

I find this  interesting about the ICC and where the money goes. Aust, England and India are the only countries that are self-sufficient. Find it hard to believe that we get any money from the ICC

The ICC is greatest toothless Tiger in international sport. To scared to stand up BCCI and basically let them do what they like

Don't support Test cricket, happy to let T20 takeover..

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/bcci-projected-to-earn-us-230-million-per-year-in-icc-s-new-finance-model-1374623

This article gives you an indication

Aus and Eng make a lot more than some other countries who really don't have the economy to support their own teams.

India is just plundering the planet but they are obsessed. I asked a colleague at work if he watched any of the Pak series and he said no he doesn't care and is still too upset about the world cup lmao.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1150 on: January 09, 2024, 10:28:26 PM »
Possibly the greatest stubby holder of all time #bazball #moralvictors

https://twitter.com/TigerAllen04/status/1744225512057364544

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1151 on: January 12, 2024, 12:00:23 AM »
The Poms are still sooking about the Ashes with their could've, would've, should've crap excuses  :wallywink :lol.

https://twitter.com/TheBarmyArmy/status/1745037777677504820

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1152 on: January 13, 2024, 09:32:43 AM »
Nathan Lyon says hello

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1153 on: January 14, 2024, 05:05:48 PM »
https://twitter.com/SuperSmashNZ/status/1746038239662674211

That's an amazing catch and throw back to a teammate :o.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1154 on: January 17, 2024, 06:52:37 PM »
Day 1 of the First Test against the poor old Windies.

Windies  188 ...... Cummins 4/41, Hazlewood 4/44.

Aussies  2/59 ...... Smith 12, Labuschagne 10, Khawaja 30*, Green 6*.