Author Topic: Dear RFC List Manager  (Read 7430 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Dear RFC List Manager
« on: July 11, 2011, 12:53:37 PM »
Jackson for McIntosh + exchange of same round draft picks
Foley for Goldsack and 1st round (Pick 30)
Edwards and Pick 30 (from Coll) for Jackson Trengove
Morton to GWS for a 2nd round compo

Bank both Morton and Tambling compo picks for 2012 draft as it looks to be a beauty.

2011 Draft draft best midfielder available as we have lost Edwards, Foley and Jackson. List is quite tall now, need some runners. Midfielders develop quicker. No point drafting KP players as it will take twice as long to develop.

Would be good addition to the list McIntosh (26yo) and Goldsack (24yo) and Trengove (20yo)

McIntosh has 5 years left. That will allow us to draft a ruckman and give him 5 years to develop before taking number 1 spot.

Round 1 vs Carlton 2012.

B:       Newman  Trengove     Rance
HB:      Grimes    Goldsack      Houli
C:        Grigg       Deledio      Conca
HF:      White      Vickery      Nahas
F:       Griffiths    Riewoldt      King

R:   McIntosh      Martin      Cotchin

Int: Astbury, Batchelor, Helbig, (1st round pick - Midfielder)

Maybe a little tall? But with Helbig and Batchelor to add run to defence if need be.
Want to see Deledio in the middle with Martin and Cotchin. Will only happen when we get a better list.
Our ball use from defence may be an issue with Deledio not there. But Newman and Houli need to take responsibility.

Big 3 in the forward line Vickery, Riewoldt, Griffiths. Vickery helping out in the Ruck with Big Mac.

Defence cattle has improved with Goldsack and Trengrove taking big forwards with Rance taking 3rd tall and Grimes playing a Maxwell closing speed role to be 3rd man up and spoil everything.

Genuinely love this side.
 :gotigers
Go Tigers!

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Dear RFC List Manager
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 01:04:34 PM »
Who the stuff do you think we're trading with? Have Wallet and Miller got their own club with all these players you want???

10 FLAGS

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 01:07:38 PM »
Sorry Popestar but you lost the plot IMHO  :lol

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 01:09:56 PM »
Who the eff do you think we're trading with? Have Wallet and Miller got their own club with all these players you want???

Bit confused with what you're trying to say. Are you suggesting the trades aren't fair?

McIntosh is in the 2s. Jackson and exchange of draft picks is likely to land him. Goldstein is there future. McIntosh is not. Jackson is a leader North have very few of.
Goldsack is playing in the Collingwood 2nds and is frustrated. Foley is a B-A grade midfiedler with A grade pace. Collingwood will snap this up.
Trengove wants to come home and we're in the box seat, Edwards is a runner which Port have few of.

Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 01:11:43 PM »
Sorry Popestar but you lost the plot IMHO  :lol

Haha, as in that the players I'm trading in are rubbish or my offers to trade them in?
Go Tigers!

10 FLAGS

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 01:12:43 PM »
Id rather send Foley to GWS for a 17yo pick which in effect is a top draft pick and gets you an O'Meara, a Kennedy, a Grundy etc.

I would only trade for 1 ruckman this trade period in terms of other clubs. Dawson Simpson from Geelong wouldnt come all that expensive IMHO.

Other than that just stick with getting high quality kids through the draft.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 01:18:07 PM »
Who the eff do you think we're trading with? Have Wallet and Miller got their own club with all these players you want???

Bit confused with what you're trying to say. Are you suggesting the trades aren't fair?

McIntosh is in the 2s. Jackson and exchange of draft picks is likely to land him. Goldstein is there future. McIntosh is not. Jackson is a leader North have very few of.
Goldsack is playing in the Collingwood 2nds and is frustrated. Foley is a B-A grade midfiedler with A grade pace. Collingwood will snap this up.
Trengove wants to come home and we're in the box seat, Edwards is a runner which Port have few of.

:lol

Mc is playing twos because he's just back from injury. Jackson is a leader they dont have many of? So what? The fat bloke that lives next door to me is in the leadership group for his clubs 3rds...do North need him too? Jackson for a top ruckman  :lol
How do you know Goldsack is frustrated? Did you ask him?
Edwards for Trengove  :lol

You have indeed lost the plot.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 02:15:35 PM »
Like I said in another thread, I liken Jackson to Clint Jones of St. Kilda.

Taggers, battlers and poorly skilled.

Would you trade anything for Jones if he was available?

If somehow North are stupid enough to rate Jackson that highly, it will overtake our pick 19 for McMahon trade as the worst trade in history.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 02:22:32 PM »

Mc is playing twos because he's just back from injury. Jackson is a leader they dont have many of? So what? The fat bloke that lives next door to me is in the leadership group for his clubs 3rds...do North need him too? Jackson for a top ruckman  :lol

Sigh... How about make a suggest Einstein. 3 players that we need.

How would you get them?
Go Tigers!

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 02:31:06 PM »
Pope, it always makes for interesting reading but to quote a famous Simpsons episode - I think you are in Chocolate Land
"[Homer wakes up from a dream about The Land of Chocolate]
Homer: Not dreaming, not dreaming, not drea- Wha-? Dammit, I was dreaming! Why is life so unfair? All I want is the ability to eat everything in sight and turn into a giant ball! Is that too much to ask?! Damn you, reality!"
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 02:35:56 PM »

Sigh... How about make a suggest Einstein. 3 players that we need.

How would you get them?

Monky was probably right about you. How are you supposed to be involved with a TAC club again man?

Would love McIntosh but Jackson won't get it done unless Brad Scott is a fool. Trengove would be beautiful too, but Edwards? WTF are you thinking, 'Einstein'?

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 02:57:22 PM »
I'm happy getting McIntosh and Trengrove.

Trade Graham and Thursfield to GWS for 3rd Round pick. Trade 3rd Round pick and Tuck for McIntosh.
Trade Moore and 2nd Round pick for Trengrove.
Delist Hislop, Miller, Westoff, Hicks

So we gain McIntosh, Trengrove
We lose Graham, Thursfield, Tuck, Moore, Hislop, Miller, Westoff, Hicks
In the draft we gain 18 year old midfielders(2), ruckman and small forward

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 02:57:56 PM »
I don't mind it Popey, but I think it would probably take Jackson and a reasonable pick for McIntosh.

I think the Edwards/Pick 30 scenario for Trengove is reasonable, Luke Ball went for 30.

Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 02:59:59 PM »
You blokes have no idea how highly Trengove is rated at Port

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 03:03:20 PM »
You blokes have no idea how highly Trengove is rated at Port

Yeah but if Trengove walks they get nothing and he goes into the pre season draft where we have plenty of cap room to set him up with a front loaded contract.

They wouldn't want another Nick Stevens situation.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...