Author Topic: Changes for next week against the Cats?  (Read 7418 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week against the Cats?
« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2013, 11:54:55 PM »
, but captain Trent Cotchin hobbled off in the first half with an ankle injury. He starred in the last quarter but must pull up OK to face the Cats.

Stopped reading after that. If you can't tell he did a knee you don't deserve your opinion to be read.

gerkin greg

« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2013, 02:37:36 PM »
Outs: Petterd Nahas White McGuane

In: Tuck Morris Chaplin Stephenson

B: Morris Rance Grimes
HB: Houli Chaplin Batchelor
C: Grigg Martin Deledio
HF: Knights Reiwoldt Newman
F: Edwards Vickery Stephenson
R: Maric Cotchin Tuck
Int: Jackson Ellis Helbig Vlas

Emg: McGuane King Dea

Batch maybe a late change for Kingy

Yessss big man, 2 rucks + Vickery  :clapping

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2013, 02:47:09 PM »
Outs: Petterd Nahas White McGuane

In: Tuck Morris Chaplin Stephenson

B: Morris Rance Grimes
HB: Houli Chaplin Batchelor
C: Grigg Martin Deledio
HF: Knights Reiwoldt Newman
F: Edwards Vickery Stephenson
R: Maric Cotchin Tuck
Int: Jackson Ellis Helbig Vlas

Emg: McGuane King Dea

Batch maybe a late change for Kingy

Yessss big man, 2 rucks + Vickery  :clapping

Yesssss gerkin you big man.  :clapping :clapping :clapping

gerkin greg

« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2013, 03:05:00 PM »
my fingers are tingling!!!!1! 

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2013, 03:32:42 PM »
my fingers are tingling!!!!1!

I can understand why.  ;) :clapping :clapping

dwaino

« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2013, 04:23:56 PM »
 :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2013, 04:25:53 PM »
In the mix: round six
afl.com.au
3:30pm AEST Tuesday, April 30, 2013

RICHMOND
Steven Morris has served his one-match suspension and is available while Troy Chaplin faces a test to prove he is over a calf injury. Shane Tuck was rested last week and could be called up while Aaron Edwards has done his chances of a Richmond debut no harm with five goals in the VFL at the weekend after booting seven in round three and four in round one. Matt Dea and Matt Arnot were also good in Coburg's loss to Box Hill while Nathan Foley had 28 touches in his second game back from an Achilles injury. - Jennifer Phelan

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-04-30/in-the-mix-round-six

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2013, 07:50:58 PM »
IF Aaron played, who for?

the claw

« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2013, 09:33:22 PM »
i actully think edwards a godd fit for geelong.
they always go 3 talls plus mackie. usually  enright  and it used to be josh hunt they rely on system height and size to defend and it has never really changed over their entire dominant period.
we either play a sub standard small and let them have the upper hand or give them an awkward match up in a 184cm medium sized player who is big bodied very good on the lead and fantastic for his height in the air.
ywhile geelong as a team has genuine pace its not so true of their backline imo. fight them at their own game in our forward line.

lonergan taylor rivers or likely brown to replace rivers.none are quick. thats  three talls. we p[lay three talls mcguane vickery riewoldt.  nothing changes.
then theres  enright a big bodied medium give him a task give him a bloke like  a edwards to guard. throw king down there  for pace and pressure and rotate the tall quick  mids in deledio and martin of mackie. make the bastards accountable. its also flexable it gives all sorts of options and  allows different match ups if we like.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2013, 09:52:10 PM »
Kingy would have to be on his game if he was meant to stop the run of Enright burning off Edwards everytime and his own man

dwaino

« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2013, 10:10:44 PM »
I'm not as concerned about who mans our forward line as much as how it's delivered there. If we just keep bombing it in then Taylor and Mackie and co are going to eat it up and we're going to get smashed the other way. It's Geelong's bread and butter. Really need to split their defenders and make sure it's one on one the majority of the time.

If we get that bit right then the game is won in the middle. We get it on the inside and rapidly hand it around to spread the opposition and create space. They've been great at pressuring the opposition to fumble the second or third disposal after winning a stoppage. If we're going to keep overusing the ball by hand as we have been then they are going to bury us.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2013, 11:05:16 PM »
This over handballing seems to have been instilled into our players over a period of time as part of the Hardwick game style and it would appear that its now become almost instinctive.  Unfortunately you require players with a decent football brain in order to use some common sense in its application however I think a few players are deficient in this area.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2013, 07:47:21 AM »
This over handballing seems to have been instilled into our players over a period of time as part of the Hardwick game style and it would appear that its now become almost instinctive.  Unfortunately you require players with a decent football brain in order to use some common sense in its application however I think a few players are deficient in this area.

It certainly frustrates me Lozza when you see the team almost 'flick a switch' and start over-using handball.  I haven't seen it pay off once, yet we repeatedly do it and when we do it ALWAYS results in game changing momentum swings.   :banghead

gerkin greg

« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2013, 09:42:26 AM »

It certainly frustrates me Lozza when you see the team almost 'flick a switch' and start over-using handball.  I haven't seen it pay off once, yet we repeatedly do it and when we do it ALWAYS results in game changing momentum swings.   :banghead

It's not part of the gameplan. Our gameplan revolves around retaining possession and kicking to uncontested situations. The over use of the handball is a result of opponents closing space and shutting down the options and breaking up our structures. The Chimp has spoken about this before. It's not how we want to play.

dwaino

« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2013, 10:14:04 AM »

It's not part of the gameplan. Our gameplan revolves around retaining possession and kicking to uncontested situations. The over use of the handball is a result of opponents closing space and shutting down the options and breaking up our structures. The Chimp has spoken about this before. It's not how we want to play.

Right on gerkin, but we're really susceptible to perceived pressure. Hate to pull out the "if you go to the games" line, but something I often notice at the game but not on the telecast is that often we will have someone breaking into space down the line. The crowd sees it and the crowd starts yelling. But our blokes more often than not think they're under more pressure than they are and pass it around an extra handball or two. By then the option a kick away is gone and we have to go backwards or switch, just putting ourselves under more pressure. Reckon this would come down to lack of experience and immaturity than anything at the moment though.