Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 903152 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #6660 on: May 05, 2024, 08:49:31 PM »
He's cooked, his skills have dropped to sub VFL level level. Used to hit targets and goals with is eyes closed.. no longer, more often misses targets than hits them. F his 300, doesn't deserve a game ATM. Reminded me of Dangerfield today, got plenty of ball but snuffed most kicks

You trumpeted your "return" to this site stating the Me OE and myself would probably remember you.

After the you post this dribble it is as clear as day who you are.  :banghead

Your lack of respect to a champion of our footy club sums you up, you should be embarrassed. But no, you'll beat your chest and boast that your right and are allowed an opinion. We're all entitled to an opinion but on this you are wrong. You're not even a keyboard warrior.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6661 on: May 05, 2024, 11:17:35 PM »
He's cooked, his skills have dropped to sub VFL level level. Used to hit targets and goals with is eyes closed.. no longer, more often misses targets than hits them. F his 300, doesn't deserve a game ATM. Reminded me of Dangerfield today, got plenty of ball but snuffed most kicks

You trumpeted your "return" to this site stating the Me OE and myself would probably remember you.

Your lack of respect to a champion of our footy club sums you up, you should be embarrassed. But no, you'll beat your chest and boast that your right and are allowed an opinion. We're all entitled to an opinion but on this you are wrong. You're not even a keyboard warrior.

Good onya WP. Im more critical than most on all things Richmond.
Saying that this bloke has earned more than respect. He is one of not a lot of many out and out champs not just us but the game.

Yes Dusty is in decline and yes he maybe should retire but even in real decline he is better than so many in the comp.

Our challenge is to find a way to keep him at the club and help him mentor going forward.
He has more than most imo to offer in this way if his heart is in it to do so.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6662 on: May 06, 2024, 06:27:16 AM »

No keyboard warrior here.. that's a very confusing post. Are you feeling ok?.

Dustin Martin was the best player I have ever seen play.. he was ... But he no longer is the same..
My God, so many of you have so many issues on here.
Start living a bit
There's more to life than football

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6663 on: May 06, 2024, 06:29:19 AM »

Good onya WP. Im more critical than most on all things Richmond.
Saying that this bloke has earned more than respect. He is one of not a lot of many out and out champs not just us but the game.

Yes Dusty is in decline and yes he maybe should retire but even in real decline he is better than so many in the comp.

Our challenge is to find a way to keep him at the club and help him mentor going forward.
He has more than most imo to offer in this way if his heart is in it to do so.
Oh yes his last legacy as a mentor, can do that sitting on the bench as the sub. 🤣
Great teams know when a players time is up, even for champions

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6664 on: May 06, 2024, 08:01:13 AM »
This bloke should retire, end of convo.

Been great, legendary, but it's time.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6665 on: May 06, 2024, 09:03:02 AM »
300 first

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6666 on: May 06, 2024, 09:29:17 AM »

Can you list out the number of players who you believe are in worse form then dusty? Because I can honestly list more than half the team.

Really baffles me that people are on here every week calling for him to retire. At the very least he gives tiger fans a reason to go to the footy very similar to how we atleast had Richo when we were the absolute pits.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6667 on: May 06, 2024, 10:18:45 AM »

Can you list out the number of players who you believe are in worse form then dusty? Because I can honestly list more than half the team.

Really baffles me that people are on here every week calling for him to retire. At the very least he gives tiger fans a reason to go to the footy very similar to how we atleast had Richo when we were the absolute pits.

I can, but it doesn't change what should be out strategy moving forward.

We have several blokes that need to retire in the coming 18m to make way for the next group of kids - Lynch, Dusty, Grimes, Prestia, Pickett and KMac probably over the next two list changes.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6668 on: May 06, 2024, 02:14:33 PM »

Richo played til his end and was always great.. dusty is nothing close to his best.. Richo was still good enough to keep playing.   Dusty form has been very poor. It's not my fault the truth hurts
Oh to be in the clicke on this forum. Only the ones in the clicke know what they are talking about , the rest of us are just fos...
The hard truth is Dusty better start performing, because it seems they are gifting him 300 just because of his past greatness, and that is wrong

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6669 on: May 06, 2024, 02:17:29 PM »
Remember no one is bigger then the club itself no one. On his current form like a few others, I wouldn't be extending his contract.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #6670 on: May 06, 2024, 02:28:48 PM »

Richo played til his end and was always great.. dusty is nothing close to his best.. Richo was still good enough to keep playing.   Dusty form has been very poor. It's not my fault the truth hurts
Oh to be in the clicke on this forum. Only the ones in the clicke know what they are talking about , the rest of us are just fos...
The hard truth is Dusty better start performing, because it seems they are gifting him 300 just because of his past greatness, and that is wrong

Yes, we need to start playing all those brilliant and deserving mid/forwards who are absolutely dominating at the level below and have clearly gone past Martin...

FMD
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6671 on: May 06, 2024, 03:21:14 PM »
He really hasn’t been that bad. I think his output is a product of coaching at the moment. Fluctuating extremes from being plonked in the goal square when the mids are getting smashed and when he is at a centre bounce attendance he’s not in there long enough to get a feel for the game

Against Freo martin was at the centre bounce 8x. Bolton and baker were there 20 and 19 times. Dow and sonsie 10 and 9.

My guess is they want to know what life after dusty will be like so they’re trying to see if we can win it in the middle without him. (Spoiler alert: we can’t)

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6672 on: May 06, 2024, 04:52:58 PM »
It's about the future now, not the past. Past is history. Just memories. That's it. Always need to look forward not behind.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #6673 on: May 06, 2024, 05:10:05 PM »
Dusty is the best Richmond player I have ever seen. Richo however was the most enjoyable to watch.
 :thumbsup

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6674 on: May 06, 2024, 06:54:59 PM »
Dusty is the best Richmond player I have ever seen. Richo however was the most enjoyable to watch.
 :thumbsup

Agreed.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.