Author Topic: VFL R22: Richmond vs North Melbourne @ Punt Rd, Sun. Aug. 20  (Read 4428 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: VFL R22: Richmond vs North Melbourne @ Punt Rd, Sun. Aug. 20
« Reply #150 on: August 20, 2023, 11:23:04 PM »
Geez there is no patience shown with some. People do realise where Kaelan Bradtke is coming from.

Actually has a lot of very good attributes for the game and to just dismiss him after what 7 months on the list is crazy.

We took him in what january and he was never going to play senior footy despite lofty expectations from some. Yes he has  probably been  a bit disappointing with what he has  served up but it was a possibility.
  with a proper preseason some actual fitness and another 12months  then if it doesnt change sure call for his head.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #151 on: August 21, 2023, 07:28:57 AM »
Geez there is no patience shown with some. People do realise where Kaelan Bradtke is coming from.

Actually has a lot of very good attributes for the game and to just dismiss him after what 7 months on the list is crazy.

We took him in what january and he was never going to play senior footy despite lofty expectations from some. Yes he has  probably been  a bit disappointing with what he has  served up but it was a possibility.
  with a proper preseason some actual fitness and another 12months  then if it doesnt change sure call for his head.

This is one of the rare occasions I agree with you

He's coming from a mile back. Fitness and understanding what's required in an elite sport. His pathway has been different from the kids that come the elite under age programs

I noticed folks when critical of him dropping marks but forgive me didn't Miller fail to clunk a few he should have taken?

I thought when he went in the ruck yesterday he showed enough to say he can play fwd and give a chop out.

He is what we need I think we need to have a bit pf patience give him a full pre-seaon and a chance to improve.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #152 on: August 21, 2023, 12:43:21 PM »
Yeah nah Bradtke is shyte ...worse than most of the players claw constantly bags ..I'd call him a tall Jack Graham but he's not even that good though his supposed pace appears to be just as mythical... :shh
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 01:07:12 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #153 on: August 21, 2023, 01:36:20 PM »
 Our gane next Sunday against the Pies is at the Swinburne Centre (Punt Road)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2023, 05:42:00 PM »
VFL Report: Round 22

Richmond VFL coach Steve Morris provides a summary of how the Tigers’ players performed in last Sunday's win over North Melbourne at the Swinburne Centre.

Tyler Sonsie (25 disposals, 11 contested possessions, three clearances, one goal)

"Had a good game once again and was a big reason as to why we were able to get over the line, particularly an impressive goal front and centre. Obviously a disappointing outcome for him at the tribunal, but something that Tyler will certainly learn from in the future."

Sam Banks (23 disposals, 11 marks, six rebound-50s)

"I thought he had a really good game. His run and carry was particularly important for us and he continued his good form."

Rhyan Mansell (19 disposals, 10 tackles, six clearances, one goal)

"You know what you're going to get from him, and we saw that in the midfield which was something different for him and a great new challenge. He had 10 tackles and I know that he will benefit greatly from the experience."

James Trezise (18 disposals, four marks, three inside-50s)

"Continued his good form. He impacted both in the air and at ground level, and continues to excite fans."

Tom Brown (18 disposals, six marks, six rebound-50s)

"Once again, he used the ball brilliantly throughout the game. His decision-making and ball use is at a high level at AFL standard, and when he's playing at VFL level it really stands out. Hopefully he gets his opportunity to shine on the big stage in the near future."

Samson Ryan (15 disposals, 33 hit-outs, four marks, two goals)

"Dominated the air. We probably didn't get the most out of that dominance, it would have been nice to make the most of his dominance around stoppage and clearance, as we went down by 14 in clearance."

Bigoa Nyuon (14 disposals, six marks, three rebound-50s)

"He had a really solid game. His last two weeks have really impressed me with his starting points and his physicality. The way he's prepared to his job first and help others second has been really pleasing."

Hugo Ralphsmith (13 disposals, three tackles, three inside-50s)

"Had a relatively quiet day by his standards. We'll get back to exactly what makes him the player he is and a better balance between offence and defence."

Jacob Bauer (12 disposals, seven marks, three contested marks, three tackles, four goals)

"Probably the standout player on the ground. He was a real presence, took three contested marks and he was bombing them from everywhere. Really pleased with the way he was able to impact the game."

Ben Miller (seven disposals, 22 hit-outs, three tackles)

"Was good around the ground in the ruck when he had his opportunity in there. I'd still like him to dominate games of VFL football the way we know he's capable of, and he was a whisker off doing that on the weekend. But, I think it's just around the corner."

Kaelan Bradtke (six disposals, three inside-50s, two marks)

"Unfortunately wasn't able to hit the scoreboard and his impact on the game was minimal. But, we've seen some real aggression from him over the last few weeks."

Seth Campbell (five disposals, two rebound-50s, one clearance)

"Unfortunately Seth went down with an ankle injury early on in the game, but he started really well. We're hopeful that it's not anywhere near as bad as first thought."

Matt Coulthard (five disposals, three tackles, two marks)

"Battled on throughout the day despite injuring his shoulder early on. He was really important for the team and showed great resilience to play his role for the remainder of the game."

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1414095/vfl-report-round-22