Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 413628 times)

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Who? Bottom-Jelly?  Ha ha haaaa   ...    :lol
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Dougeytherichmondfan

if we don't get lynch I'd be happy to pick up an out of favour harry taylor for a year, re-sign everyone and hand out a one off bonus for sticking around for the 2018 and 2019 flags... then go sign a big fish or two when the old boys roll off the list for 2020.  :lol
I'd rather win a few more flags rather than bring in your Lynch's and Bontempelli's. Catch 22 I know, but we're in as good a position to win as I've ever known with the group we have.
It's called depth. We loae Jack to injury and we can't win the flag. Simple. He's not getting any younger too.
That's why I stated it's a catch 22  :rollin

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo

Anyone who doesn't rate Bontempelli shouldn't be permitted to discuss football in the public domain... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders

Anyone who doesn't rate Bontempelli shouldn't be permitted to discuss football in the public domain... :shh
  :shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
If Tom lynch were available for us on the weekend he’d be replacing Callum Moore in the lineup.....is there really a genuine argument against signing the guy for possibly nothing?

All the big boys are signed on and I’m sure list management isn’t leaving the bank empty to reward the rest of the team when contract renewals come along.

We are in a situation where some of the best players in the league play for us and sacrifice money to do so while the best players from other teams take unders to come across....let’s appreciate this.

Lebowski

If Tom lynch were available for us on the weekend he’d be replacing Callum Moore in the lineup.....is there really a genuine argument against signing the guy for possibly nothing?

All the big boys are signed on and I’m sure list management isn’t leaving the bank empty to reward the rest of the team when contract renewals come along.

We are in a situation where some of the best players in the league play for us and sacrifice money to do so while the best players from other teams take unders to come across....let’s appreciate this.

spot on, not to mention that the salary cap is increasing year on year which also helps.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/afl/free-but-only-to-a-good-home-20180720-p4zsr8.html

[smasha]Don't recall all this angst when Hawthorn got Lake then Frawley....but now it's us suddenly it's an issue....just like the "state of the game".... :shh[//smasha]
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟

harsh but fair
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The Tigers are hunting in a pack

The question of who’s going to win Tom Lynch is almost as big a story as who’s going to win the premiership, with multiple suitors, big dollars and all sorts of schemes going on in the chase for the Gold Coast co-captain.

This week Nathan Buckley’s admitted to meeting with Lynch earlier in the year and now I hear that Richmond’s senior players are organising their own pow-wow with the free agent.

Lynch will get together with as many as half a dozen Tigers as they try to convince him Punt Road is the place to be.

What would you give to be a fly on the wall in whatever Swan Street café they choose for the chat?

The group, which I believe will be made up of Trent Cotchin, Alex Rance, Jack Riewoldt, Dustin Martin and Bachar Houli, also faces the challenge of convincing Lynch to take a smaller contract than he could get at either Collingwood or Hawthorn, with the Hawks in particular able to offer a much bigger payday.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/the-afl-rover-tigers-send-the-pack-out-for-tom-lynch-mcgovern-mitch-lukosius-dahlhaus/yulqo6wjepnv1kwf9fzil5j5n

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tom Browne on Ch 7 news just said the race is down to two clubs - Richmond and Collingwood. Hawthorn now out of the running.

His "Richmond sources" say we are the clear favourites.

Dougeytherichmondfan

Its going to continue like this for the next 3 months isn't it.....  :help

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
its got that treloar feel about it

lets hope it ends the same way
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Getting Lynch is not the be and end all. If i was given the choice of Lynch or a 2nd premiership the 2nd premiership would win hands down, lets just concentrate on that, if he wants in, he knows where to find us.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Can we change the title of this thread as we are clearly not giving him $1.4m
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Getting Lynch is not the be and end all. If i was given the choice of Lynch or a 2nd premiership the 2nd premiership would win hands down, lets just concentrate on that, if he wants in, he knows where to find us.
They are mutually exclusive.

Getting a premiership this year has nothing to do with getting Lynch next year.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.