Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 418565 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Getting Lynch is not the be and end all. If i was given the choice of Lynch or a 2nd premiership the 2nd premiership would win hands down, lets just concentrate on that, if he wants in, he knows where to find us.
They are mutually exclusive.

Getting a premiership this year has nothing to do with getting Lynch next year.

maybe he meant 3rd premiership would win hands down :yep
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Dougeytherichmondfan

Getting Lynch is not the be and end all. If i was given the choice of Lynch or a 2nd premiership the 2nd premiership would win hands down, lets just concentrate on that, if he wants in, he knows where to find us.
They are mutually exclusive.

Getting a premiership this year has nothing to do with getting Lynch next year.
Au Contraire.

We might win premierships cause we sign Lynch....
.... or we might sign Lynch cause we win premierships.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo

Well if the self-proclaimed "#1 Twitter Newsbreaker" says so.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
So a Collingwood fan on twitter who absolutely hates Richmond reckons Lynch is going to Collingwood and not Richmond. Who would've guessed that!  :wallywink

A tweet of his from May 21 calling us pretenders who have only beaten bottom sides. Hello, irony! :lol.

How poo are #Richmond? They have beaten all the bottom teams & have been smashed by the only two teams they have played that are genuine contenders. #Pretenders #BozistheBuzz 🐝

https://twitter.com/TheRealBozza1/status/998432916244905984

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Why Tom Lynch doesn’t deserve backlash for exploring all available options ahead of free agency

Jon Ralph,
Herald Sun
25 July 2018

WELCOME to the real world.

If Tom Lynch wants to make a decision on his future, how negligent would he be not to talk to rivals before he did so?

Nathan Buckley’s “revelation” on Footy Classified that he had met with Tom Lynch was always a guaranteed talking point.

Just like Lin Jong’s 2016 tour through Collingwood’s facilities, it is a story with all the right ingredients: loyalty, cash, honour, secrecy.

For Buckley to drop that nugget in the first place had many wondering at his motivation.

Was the famously media savvy coach just being honest or was it an outright pitch to Lynch given the Tigers are seen to be ahead in the race?

But if you move past that, it is ridiculous for anyone to think Lynch is out of line to talk to other clubs while contracted as a Sun.

Lynch is right in the middle of a decision that will dictate his entire football career.

He needs every shred of information possible to inform him about the correct choice.

Put yourself in Lynch’s shoes as a 25-year-old removed from the Victorian bubble.

You would want to meet Alex Rance and find out if he really had an issue with him being parachuted into Richmond’s forward line on $1 million a year.

You would want to meet Buckley and get your own feel for the man Eddie McGuire says has made significant change these past years.

The greatest selling point at Collingwood has always been its ability to set a player up for life with networks, links to coterie groups and marketing potential.

If McGuire hasn’t already met Lynch while he is recuperating down in Blairgowrie — or offered to — he isn’t doing his job as Pies president.

Alastair Clarkson is the best coach in the AFL.

Not using him as a personal selling point to Lynch — how he can use him, how he can improve him — would be a no-brainer.

The timing is key.

Given Gold Coast has been desperate to find out his intentions for months, waiting until year’s end to amass that information isn’t a viable option.

Buckley said he met Lynch “a while back”, with Lynch’s camp adamant all season he isn’t meeting anyone in season.

If it is that he met with Lynch over the last off-season, that’s fine too given Lynch always knew he was entering his decision year.

If he met with a handful of rival senior coaches over a summer frothy and decided the grass was just as green at home, it would have instructed his decision to re-sign.

Ever been headhunted by a rival business?

Bet you had one of those furtive meetings in a quiet cafe with a possible employer, checking over your shoulder your current boss didn’t walk in.

The question now for Lynch is when he tells the Suns.

Get it over with, Tom.

His management says he is still racked with indecision. That might be true, but to be frank Gold Coast doesn’t believe it.

Once he is passed fit to fly after knee surgery he should hop on the first plane, look Stuart Dew in the eyes and rip off the bandaid quickly.

Then he has 10 weeks before anyone can officially offer a free agency deal to meet as many people as he sees fit to make the decision that will define him as a footballer.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/why-tom-lynch-doesnt-deserve-backlash-for-exploring-all-available-options-ahead-of-free-agency/news-story/824a23cfbceaf88a1a34658ed6a3a64a

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
If I was Tom Lynch I would be pretty upset at Nathan Buckley's comments as it adds to the pressure on the poor bloke. 
I am sure Buckley's comments were premeditated but can't think why he do that??

dwaino

Sounds like Collingwood are getting desperate.

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Does anyone think that Lynch has told the Tigers he is, or is not coming already, hence the signing of Rance, Broady and imminently Jack (by all reports). The contracts can now be put to bed because we know now where we are at with Lynch. If this is right I expect a few more to be completed soon too.
Also when comparing the interviews of Hardwick v Buckley this week Hardwick was very relaxed indeed and Buckley was the opposite. Am I reading too much into this?

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
Does anyone think that Lynch has told the Tigers he is, or is not coming already, hence the signing of Rance, Broady and imminently Jack (by all reports). The contracts can now be put to bed because we know now where we are at with Lynch. If this is right I expect a few more to be completed soon too.
Also when comparing the interviews of Hardwick v Buckley this week Hardwick was very relaxed indeed and Buckley was the opposite. Am I reading too much into this?

Yup. Even if we don’t get lynch, that doesn’t mean we’d give out all the money we set out for lynch to our current players. I’m sure we’ll be targeting other players in upcoming free agency/trade periods.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame

The opposite. The loyal servants are being extended to smooth the way for Lynch to arrive into a harmious and welcoming group

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame

Well if the self-proclaimed "#1 Twitter Newsbreaker" says so.... :shh

Hmmmm

I don't know what is worse, an over opinionated Magpie supporter or a Magpie supporter with basic photoshop skills.

Lebowski

I was thinking this very thing the other day.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟

Yes it seems like a good possibility.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Good to see Dimma sticking up for his player today.