Author Topic: Jacob Bauer [merged]  (Read 12373 times)

Offline Siberian

• Premiership Captain
Re: Jacob Bauer [merged]
« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2023, 04:55:11 PM »
But what  a trade!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2023, 04:43:54 PM »
Kaboom!!!  :highclap

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2023, 05:18:40 PM »
I really like this kid. Bauer.

I think he has what it takes.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2023, 06:26:23 PM »
I agreed , looked a class above today

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2023, 11:32:04 PM »
Nope delist him he is just too tall for a fwd. Now where is the 175cm defensive small fwd we desperately need.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2023, 12:23:25 AM »
65m easy

Straight in for Jack you'd think

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2023, 05:33:37 AM »
Nope delist him he is just too tall for a fwd. Now where is the 175cm defensive small fwd we desperately need.
100%
You forgot to mention the defensive small forward we desperately need can weigh no more than 65kg and be a left footer.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2023, 10:14:46 AM »
He looks like our only natural tall forward ( besides lynch )
Not overly tall but athletic enough, great mark and kick.
He could be our charlie curnow, just gotta get the games into him now and make him the focal point along with lynch.
Would love jack to stick around and help develop him and any other young forwards we may acquire

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2023, 06:17:15 PM »
Jacob Bauer has committed to Richmond on a new two-year deal

Emerging Richmond forward Jacob Bauer has put pen to paper on a fresh two-year deal, tying him to the Swinburne Centre until the end of 2025.

The 21-year-old joined the Club with pick No. 10 at the 2022 AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft via North Adelaide and the Sydney Swans Academy.

Bauer started his Richmond career well with 16 goals from 9 VFL matches in 2022 before taking his game to a new level this season and being rewarded with senior opportunities.

After becoming a dominant player at VFL level, both forward and in defence, Bauer earned his AFL debut in Round 17 against Sydney.

The youngster had two early disposals that night before a hamstring injury ended his night in the opening minutes.

Bauer returned to the lineup in Round 21, booting goals in his next three senior games to finish the season with a return of four majors from four AFL matches.

The 192cm strong aerial player averaged 14 disposals and five marks across 13 games at VFL level.

Bauer also booted an accurate 15.6, including four hauls of three or more goals from the games he played as a forward.

Richmond General Manager, Football Talent Blair Hartley said that Bauer’s contract extension was a reward for his strong progression.

“Jacob came on this year as a reliable key position player at VFL level, honing his craft at both ends of the ground before ultimately earning his place as a forward,” he said.

“It was pleasing to see Jacob get a taste of AFL football, and that, along with this thoroughly deserved two-year extension, should give him great motivation to continue to work hard next season.

“We are pleased with Jacob’s development and look forward to seeing what he can achieve with further opportunities.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1424342/bauer-signs-on

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2023, 12:23:16 PM »
Still torn on what end of the ground he should play.
The need for tall fwds is great and has everyone thinking thats where we need to play him including me. Trouble is  i think he would make an ideal replacement for Grimes in the back half.

My thinking is if we play him back then we could continue to get games into Ryan as a fwd/ruck. I still like the idea of a resting ruckman like Ryan playing alongside Lynch and Koschitszke.

Would Trade Soldo looking for a deal that would get us a decent second round pick. If Ryan is any good he will continue to improve. Would look for a very cheap mature ruck  option as back up if we did a deal for Soldo.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2023, 01:44:09 PM »
The need for tall fwds is great and has everyone thinking thats where we need to play him including me. Trouble is  i think he would make an ideal replacement for Grimes in the back half.

My thinking is if we play him back then we could continue to get games into Ryan as a fwd/ruck. I still like the idea of a resting ruckman like Ryan playing alongside Lynch and Koschitszke.

Would Trade Soldo looking for a deal that would get us a decent second round pick. If Ryan is any good he will continue to improve. Would look for a very cheap mature ruck  option as back up if we did a deal for Soldo.

I think the club is hoping Brown will replace Grimes.

Bauer is 192 so hardly more than a medium tall which we haven't had in god knows how long.

Lynch, Kossy (if we get him), Ryan and Bauer year maybe that's too tall but let's be honest Lynch will likely go down injured at some stage and the wet winter games just simply aren't suited to Ryan. I reckon we could have them all as forwards.

Imagine if Lynch is injured for a long period again and we are relying on Kossy, Ryan and Bauer as our tall forwards with Bolton, M Rioli etc as our smalls gee it looks bad to me.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2023, 04:24:42 PM »
How does Brown go from 186cm to 193cm in one season. Im very suspicious of that measurement.

To be honest i have not seen much of Brown since he was drafted but i dont see him as a strong marking aerialist even if he has grown 7cm.
I look at him more as a running type. More like a broad than  a kpp.
Bauer looks at home in defense and is strong in the air and should be able to play tall and small if need be.

Hoping like mad they prioritise youth and players like Grimes, Miller, Soldo, Pickett, McIntosh, Short and Graham become the backup.

I just think we need to get serious about getting games into Ryan and Bauer and with Lynch and Koschitzke coming then a way to do that is play Ryan as the second ruck playing  fwd and Bauer in defense.

Hardwick and McQualter were very keen to play older blokes in all sorts of roles at the expense of kids. Time to make room and give some of the kids roles that may not be their best role to ensure we get games into them.

If Koschitzke does come then something like this would great and where we need to be.

B: Vlastuin - Balta - Bauer

HB: Rioli - Gibcus - Brown

C: Banks - Taranto - Broad

R: Nankervis - Martin - Bolton

HF: Clarke - Koschitzke - Cumberland/Campbell

F: Ryan - Lynch - Coulthard -

INT: Hopper - Prestia - Baker - Sonsie - Ross.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2023, 10:27:42 PM »

Hate bringing up my own posts but this sort of happened so the fwd set up in an attempt to get games into both Bauer and Ryan should be koschitzke, Lynch and Ryan with quick skilled smalls at their feet who are actual fwds..

Jacob should now play in defence imo and i still think he is a logical Grimes replacement.
Grimesey had better watch out there may not be a spot for him especially if this years form continues next year.
What we need to do now is pick up a mature delisted ruckman or state league ruckman who can play if need be.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2024, 04:33:28 PM »
Only thread i can find on the kid. Just thought at this point in time it would be best to keep this one going as not much has been written about Jacob.

Im just wondering if people know how hes gone this preseason so little about him has been written or spoken.
Has he been injured.

Having seen so little improvement in Ryan especially being physically ready im hoping this kid can develop and play as a  tall mobile  fwd along the the lines of say a bayley Fritsch.

Any way any info on him anyone.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2024, 05:55:39 PM »
Has been injured
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)