Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 465231 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #630 on: August 08, 2010, 07:03:26 PM »
Jack's definitely struggling with the added attention and homework done by opposition coaches. He's no longer getting the one outs anymore. Without a proper 2nd tall forward (Griffiths) and midsize marking forwards leading the opposite way and dragging defenders away from Jack to the other side, it's making it too easy for opposition defences to counter him. Our disposal entering forward 50 doesn't help either. Way more inside 50s today yet we were just too predictable with too many long bombs. Jack didn't do himself any favours missing 3 gettable chances. The one running into an open goal and going with his non-preferred foot summed up his mindset over the past couple of weeks. Needs to get back to basics and make sure when the chances come at least he's making the most of them.

Barry Hall still goalless late in the Dogs-Adelaide game. So Jack may be back to leading the Coleman.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #631 on: August 08, 2010, 07:09:24 PM »
If this season is about development I'd get Jack leading from either true CHF or a HFF up the ground for the rest of the season. We are short of talls at the moment, but we also are not developing any other structured way to goal. The bomb it long to Jack tactic is predictable and if it happens next season could be a cancer on this group.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #632 on: August 08, 2010, 07:34:11 PM »
Its interesting that Jacks run of form dropped off when griffiths went out of the team.

Although he didnt have a big impact it seems he played his role well and allowed Jack to get one on one, something he has struggled to do without griffiths in the side.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #633 on: August 08, 2010, 07:44:42 PM »
Yep we don't want to go down the Richo-centric path again. I think Dimma would be aware of it. This year was about working on the defensive side of our gameplan mostly. From an attacking point of view Dimma has kept things very basic - old school run forward of centre and a quick long kick to the forward. I would say over preseason and next year we'll be developing our forward play more so we're not so predictable. March today mentioned a "phase 2" of our gameplan that's yet to be implemented. I would say that would be our attacking play working on more sophisticated set-ups.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #634 on: August 08, 2010, 08:11:59 PM »
won't win the coleman :( unless barry brakes his leg

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #635 on: August 08, 2010, 09:02:09 PM »
Frawlery played real real well on him, numerous occasions when Jack "normally" pushed off his opponents to run onto a crumbing ball Frawley was strong enough for the task. Was a good battle all day that Frawley ultimately won pretty convincingly.

Anyones thoughts on seeing McGuane and Thursty down there. I like the idea but hate it seeing them contest the same marks as Jack. On 2 occasions Thursty and McGuane killed the contest with there mark attempts and bringing in there opponent to Jack/Frawley one out.

Go Tigers!

Ramps

« Reply #636 on: August 08, 2010, 09:04:56 PM »
Griffiths not playing hasnt helped. Griffiths wasnt getting alot of the footy but hes a smart player and was taking players away from Riewoldt. Need Griffiths to have a good 2011.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #637 on: August 08, 2010, 09:45:55 PM »
Would think Jack needs to start leading more. He is getting beaten too easily at the moment with the one on one stuff so it's time to go back to basics. Also needs to stop flying for the screamer all the time.

He should utilise the other strong parts of his game eg his pace and go from there
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

jackstar is back again

« Reply #638 on: August 08, 2010, 11:04:49 PM »
Its interesting that Jacks run of form dropped off when griffiths went out of the team.

Although he didnt have a big impact it seems he played his role well and allowed Jack to get one on one, something he has struggled to do without griffiths in the side.

Jacks and Connors form have dropped off at the same time, mmmmmmmmm  I wonder why ?

TigerTimeII

« Reply #639 on: August 08, 2010, 11:14:44 PM »

Jacks and Connors form have dropped off at the same time, mmmmmmmmm  I wonder why ?

why?

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #640 on: August 08, 2010, 11:17:37 PM »

Are they lovers?
Go Tigers!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #641 on: August 08, 2010, 11:48:09 PM »

why?

yeh why? Do you know or are you just teasing because I'm starting to get sick of learning about gossip but not hearing the gossip.
The club that keeps giving.

Tigermonk

« Reply #642 on: August 09, 2010, 04:37:53 AM »
Got some serious attitude issues Rewoldt, Melbourne players rubbed it into him.
But poor coaching today dont help

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #643 on: August 09, 2010, 06:52:16 AM »

Anyones thoughts on seeing McGuane and Thursty down there. I like the idea but hate it seeing them contest the same marks as Jack. On 2 occasions Thursty and McGuane killed the contest with there mark attempts and bringing in there opponent to Jack/Frawley one out.

Yep, made the same comment during the game myself Pope.  Wouldn't want this to happen on a regular basis - the idea of a 2-pronged forward line is exactly that - have 2 independent targets, not a collective target group.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #644 on: August 09, 2010, 07:48:56 AM »

Anyones thoughts on seeing McGuane and Thursty down there.

Think they showed why they're defenders. ;)

Griffiths missing is the key but I'd like to think we have another alternative KPF as well for backup.
Post? Westhoff? Gourdis?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 08:06:56 AM by Mr Magic »