Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 465233 times)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #1950 on: February 23, 2013, 05:50:39 PM »
Gun.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1951 on: March 03, 2013, 12:30:20 PM »
So jack was Captain last night, what did we think of his game and should he even be in the leadership group

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1952 on: March 03, 2013, 12:50:35 PM »
So jack was Captain last night, what did we think of his game and should he even be in the leadership group

Have to say I didn't quite understand the logic in the forward set up last night

With Vickery starting deep, Jack plonked between the goal square and 50m arc and then having a small lining up at CHF.

Didn't think it worked
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1953 on: March 03, 2013, 12:56:29 PM »
Can Jack have a shot at goal now and then. That is what an FF does. That's how he won a couple of Colemans. Can he also leave the petulance at home and channel it in getting the footy.

Scragging is not his game he gets beaten and frustrated. Should lead and use his pace and leap. That is what makes him effective.

Get that right and do that every week and he'll show more leadership and alot more for the team and himself when it really counts.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1954 on: March 03, 2013, 12:57:41 PM »
Can Jack have a shot at goal now and then. That is what an FF does. That's how he won a couple of Colemans. Can he also leave the petulance at home and channel it in getting the footy.

Scragging is not his game he gets beaten and frustrated. Should lead and use his pace and leap. That is what makes him effective.

Get that right and do that every week and he'll show more leadership and alot more for the team and himself when it really counts.

Spot on Tucker

When he actually ran forward on a lead he got the ball but why he passing off when he was 40 metres out from goal beggars belief

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1955 on: March 03, 2013, 01:03:37 PM »
Hmm, the word dumb comes to mind.

you don't pass off in the forward line when the pass itself is a lower percentage than taking a shot for goal.

That 50 he gave away  :banghead he knew straight away the free was against him, yet he hung on to the ball and then carried on like he didnt know the free had been paid against him when the ump gave 50. :banghead

displayed his petulance in the first half when things didnt go his way.

He really needs to get his head right to fulfill his obvious talent and perhaps he needs to concentrate on his own game rather than others.

To his credit he did lift his head and show a bit in the second half, but gee he is frustrating at times
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1956 on: March 03, 2013, 03:20:39 PM »
I tend to think he was overplaying being "captain" and doing the team thing probably wasn't to fussed with it being a practice match also trying to bring others into the game.

I've got a feeling Jack will have his best year this season. Last week he looked very sharp for so early in the season and his assists and second efforts were a stand out.
He looks extremely fit and has had a full preseason.

If they can get the forward structure right before round 1 (essential), then there's no reason why he won't win the Coleman again.

All Australian year from him this year.   :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1957 on: March 03, 2013, 03:44:11 PM »
Hmm, the word dumb comes to mind.

you don't pass off in the forward line when the pass itself is a lower percentage than taking a shot for goal.

That 50 he gave away  :banghead he knew straight away the free was against him, yet he hung on to the ball and then carried on like he didnt know the free had been paid against him when the ump gave 50. :banghead

displayed his petulance in the first half when things didnt go his way.

He really needs to get his head right to fulfill his obvious talent and perhaps he needs to concentrate on his own game rather than others.

To his credit he did lift his head and show a bit in the second half, but gee he is frustrating at times

Agree, understand it was only a practice match but very disappointing, when Choco finsihes with Dusty swing him onto Jack

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1958 on: March 03, 2013, 03:56:02 PM »
Agree, understand it was only a practice match but very disappointing, when Choco finsihes with Dusty swing him onto Jack

Based on 3qtr time yestyerday I think Choco might be targeting Jake King next  :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1959 on: March 03, 2013, 11:55:04 PM »

+1

In Week 1 he was moving about. Still tried to go the speccie a couple of times too many but for the most he was leading and looked up and about. Against the Bombers though it was back to that bad habit of trying to wrestle with the full back and Carlisle won hands down. Dimma was smart to move him out to CHF during the second half to force Jack to get on his bike.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1960 on: March 04, 2013, 10:48:05 AM »
This also pees me off. But without trying to find excuses for Jack (he does have some bad habits), could this getting caught scragging too often have something to do with team structures. ie. instructions to stay close to goal and not move too far up the ground?

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1961 on: March 04, 2013, 10:51:12 AM »
Jack is hardly a prude but was he really captain on the weekend ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond