Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 465252 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #3660 on: July 16, 2021, 06:31:44 PM »
Tonight's @7AFL #FridayFocus is on our very own @JackRiewoldt08 and his journey to #JACK300 💛

The #AFLTigersLions broadcast starts at 7pm on 7mate with the Friday Night Countdown.

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1415899242707791875

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3661 on: July 16, 2021, 11:11:44 PM »
 Bit of life left in the old boy yet

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3662 on: July 16, 2021, 11:17:55 PM »
Who were the ones who said he was finished   :lol

Tore them apart.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3663 on: July 16, 2021, 11:35:53 PM »

Tore them apart.

Me, and he 100% looked it at the time.

Jumping like a spring chicken tonight. Couldn't be happier.

Jack and I are the same age to the day and I sure as heck feel old myself haha.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3664 on: July 16, 2021, 11:40:14 PM »

Tore them apart.

Me, and he 100% looked it at the time.

Jumping like a spring chicken tonight. Couldn't be happier.

Jack and I are the same age to the day and I sure as heck feel old myself haha.

Hahaha

True that. His last 2 games were like chalk and cheese.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #3665 on: July 17, 2021, 12:06:18 AM »
Immortal Jack. Most underated KP forward just about of all time I reckon. Never gets the respect he deserves. Better than Pav, Tredrea even Richo. I'd take Jack over Jono Brown too.

What a champion.
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3667 on: July 17, 2021, 09:07:23 AM »
Last night was a lovely dump down the throat of all the naysayers that call him a diver, whinger and junk-time-jack.

Enjoy the salt :D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3668 on: July 17, 2021, 01:45:04 PM »
Jack now sitting second in the Coleman.

McKay    48
Riewoldt 42
Hawkins 41
Walker   41
Bruce    40
B.King   38
Lynch    28

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_goal_kickers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3669 on: July 17, 2021, 10:51:16 PM »
RICHMOND WAS SO CONFIDENT IN DRAFTING JACK RIEWOLDT THEY DELIBERATELY TRADED THEIR TOP DRAFT PICK

By Nic Negrepontis
SEN
17 July 2021

Former Richmond coach Terry Wallace has revealed how confident his team at the time was when they drafted Jack Riewoldt.

The now-300-gamer was selected with pick 13 in the 2006 National Draft, but the Tigers actually finished the year with pick eight.

Wallace has revealed they were locked into taking Riewoldt early, but knew other teams wouldn’t select him.

They therefore opted to trade down the draft order, working out a deal with Fremantle and Collingwood.

It was a big trade at the time, seeing Chris Tarrant move to the Dockers and Paul Medhurst to the Magpies, while the Tigers moved back from eight to 13 and picked up Graham Polak.

“We actually had pick eight that year. If we’d gone to the draft with pick eight, Jack would’ve been pick eight rather than being pick 13,” Wallace told AFL Nation.

“We had done our homework and knew that no one else was going to take him that high.

“Again, it was because he wasn’t seen as an athletic player. When he tested at the combine, the high-end testing wasn’t there. He didn’t have natural speed, but he was a natural footballer.

“We’d seen him play in senior games and every time he came up against an AFL player, he stepped up to a higher level and Jade Rawlings had given him an enormous praise for his footy acumen.

“What we said was, if no one else was going to pick him first up, why do we need to use pick eight?

“So we went to Fremantle and there was a three-way trade between Fremantle, Collingwood and ourselves for us to get Graham Polak into the club.

“What we did was we got Polak out of Fremantle and got their pick 13. We knew there was no danger of losing Jack at all. We thought we might as well get the extra player in.

“Graham was just starting to establish himself right until he got hit by a tram which probably didn’t help him too much along the journey.

“That was why we went to pick 13. We always knew we were going to be able to pick him up. We were always very confident in Jack at pick 13.”

Collingwood made the most of pick eight, drafting future All-Australian Ben Reid.

Polak played 38 games for the Tigers before being struck by a tram in 2008.

He ultimately retired in 2010, with the injuries suffered in the incident changing the trajectory of his career.

Wallace went on to explain that the 2006 draft was the first year Richmond had a full-time recruiter on staff.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/07/17/richmond-was-so-confident-in-drafting-jack-riewoldt-they-deliberately-traded/

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3670 on: July 17, 2021, 11:32:52 PM »
It’s a testament to how good of a player he is that he has had to change and adapt so often. He wins the coleman as a high flying forward then basically gets made a decoy and clear the 50 as an ill attempt to make vickery decent.

Get told to put on more weight which then messes up his spring then told to lose the weight again to be more aerobic and more mobile. He gets in trouble for saying Hardwick was trying to make Richmond play like hawthorn in 2014-ish era and that the game plan was poo and wouldn’t hold up in finals which he wasn’t wrong.

He gets snubbed of all Australian in his second coleman year which is ridiculous and then remade himself as a wily chf.

His journey had been wild and chaotic yet he reliably has kicked 50+ goals each season for I don’t know how many seasons when the entire forward line was dysfunctional with great names such as nahas, Aaron Edwards, Nathan gordon and sideshow.

I know he is in the twilight of his career yet he has proven me wrong with his trajectory set to take him to 50 goals again this year.

An absolute legend and well deserved 300

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #3671 on: July 18, 2021, 12:18:39 AM »
RICHMOND WAS SO CONFIDENT IN DRAFTING JACK RIEWOLDT THEY DELIBERATELY TRADED THEIR TOP DRAFT PICK

By Nic Negrepontis
SEN
17 July 2021

Former Richmond coach Terry Wallace has revealed how confident his team at the time was when they drafted Jack Riewoldt.

The now-300-gamer was selected with pick 13 in the 2006 National Draft, but the Tigers actually finished the year with pick eight.

Wallace has revealed they were locked into taking Riewoldt early, but knew other teams wouldn’t select him.

They therefore opted to trade down the draft order, working out a deal with Fremantle and Collingwood.

It was a big trade at the time, seeing Chris Tarrant move to the Dockers and Paul Medhurst to the Magpies, while the Tigers moved back from eight to 13 and picked up Graham Polak.

“We actually had pick eight that year. If we’d gone to the draft with pick eight, Jack would’ve been pick eight rather than being pick 13,” Wallace told AFL Nation.

“We had done our homework and knew that no one else was going to take him that high.

“Again, it was because he wasn’t seen as an athletic player. When he tested at the combine, the high-end testing wasn’t there. He didn’t have natural speed, but he was a natural footballer.

“We’d seen him play in senior games and every time he came up against an AFL player, he stepped up to a higher level and Jade Rawlings had given him an enormous praise for his footy acumen.

“What we said was, if no one else was going to pick him first up, why do we need to use pick eight?

“So we went to Fremantle and there was a three-way trade between Fremantle, Collingwood and ourselves for us to get Graham Polak into the club.

“What we did was we got Polak out of Fremantle and got their pick 13. We knew there was no danger of losing Jack at all. We thought we might as well get the extra player in.

“Graham was just starting to establish himself right until he got hit by a tram which probably didn’t help him too much along the journey.

“That was why we went to pick 13. We always knew we were going to be able to pick him up. We were always very confident in Jack at pick 13.”

Collingwood made the most of pick eight, drafting future All-Australian Ben Reid.

Polak played 38 games for the Tigers before being struck by a tram in 2008.

He ultimately retired in 2010, with the injuries suffered in the incident changing the trajectory of his career.

Wallace went on to explain that the 2006 draft was the first year Richmond had a full-time recruiter on staff.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/07/17/richmond-was-so-confident-in-drafting-jack-riewoldt-they-deliberately-traded/

STFU Wallace this article has absolutely no relevance. Just a chance to say oh I drafted him and we thought he was amazing and nobody else did.
Go Tigers!

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3672 on: July 18, 2021, 08:21:59 AM »
The entire interview was about the chicken necked me man being the architect of our youth policy which landed Jack, Shedda, Rance, Cotch and Dusty.
Funny that, I thought he was on the phone to talk about Jack’s 300th.
Given he has absolutely nothing to contribute to Jack’s development as a player, it’s probably understandable he made it about him.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #3673 on: July 18, 2021, 09:50:27 AM »
Wallet cracks me up. When asked he said he wasn’t involved with recruiting and now he’s saying he was fully involved with the recruiting.  :rollin
What a megalomaniac
The club that keeps giving.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3674 on: July 18, 2021, 02:06:32 PM »
A true champion. He loves playing Brisbane and continued his tradition of destroying them.