Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 465407 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #3825 on: July 17, 2022, 04:34:33 AM »
Jack's game:

16 disposals (14k, 2h, 5c, 11u, 37.5% eff.)
8 marks ( 1 contested mark )
2 tackles ( both In50 )
1 clearance
2 inside 50s
336 metres gained
12 score involvements
2 goals
6 behinds

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3826 on: July 17, 2022, 09:33:32 AM »
Forget the stats, he was crap bar a two minute period with two goals in it.

Like I said earlier, largely uncompetitive except for a quarter or so here and there but never a full game anymore, nor even a majority of a game.

2.6 from your experienced spearhead is garbage.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3827 on: July 18, 2022, 04:38:10 PM »
So every one wants to retire him off. Can anyone tell me who are they expecting to get to take over. You know what i hear buddy wants out of Sydney lol.

Once we have someone anyone who can hold down a kpf post then yes id suggest we retire him but you know what no one is talking depth getting one kpf from where ever will not fix our problem. what happens when Lynchy or the new guy or even both get hurt.
Fmd we could get the best key forward in the draft but most likely he won't be ready for at least two or three  seasons.

The list demands we have around four key forwards in various stages of development we have two and if we pension off one of them then we will need to get three key forwards into the system and hope Lynch can stand up and stay fit.

For me for now Riewoldt stays and we do what should have been done years ago we draft the best possible kpf in the nd x 2 and find if need be a journeyman like say Finlayson in f/a and if possible target a 24 25 yr old from the state leagues if possible.

If we had done this sort of thing when we should have three or 4 seasons ago then we would be in the position to give JR A GENTLE PUSH.But we havent and are in no position to push him anywhere.

He is smart and has much to offer even if only as a mentor.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #3828 on: July 18, 2022, 04:45:00 PM »
Yeah, reality is there is absolutely nothing coming through. But when it comes to us and key forwards, there's been nothing coming through since Jack was making his way.

We just seemed to have given up on drafting them with early picks. Need to draft a promising key forward and get another solid option in from another club.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3829 on: July 18, 2022, 06:17:29 PM »
To get a class key forward or even an average one you usually have to give up a lot. I would suggest he stays ( if he wants to) and mentors the two keys forwards we need to recruit and play a reduced rotating role
We have no reliable key forward apart from Jack at 33 and with Tom Lynch struggling with injury we wheedle Jacks leadership

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3830 on: July 18, 2022, 07:32:34 PM »
Jack goes on another year IMHO. His form this year has been good enough to earn going around another year and there's others ahead of him in the retirement stakes such as Edwards and Lambert. It's not as though he's been struggling to get enough of the ball to have shots. 32 goals from 15 games is just over 2 goals per games. He's been playing his role as mostly 2nd banana to Lynch. The problem on the weekend was he let the team down by poorly missing 6 of 8 shots. Should have won it off his own boot by kicking 6.2 not 2.6.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3831 on: July 18, 2022, 08:15:44 PM »
So every one wants to retire him off. Can anyone tell me who are they expecting to get to take over. You know what i hear buddy wants out of Sydney lol.

Once we have someone anyone who can hold down a kpf post then yes id suggest we retire him but you know what no one is talking depth getting one kpf from where ever will not fix our problem. what happens when Lynchy or the new guy or even both get hurt.
Fmd we could get the best key forward in the draft but most likely he won't be ready for at least two or three  seasons.

The list demands we have around four key forwards in various stages of development we have two and if we pension off one of them then we will need to get three key forwards into the system and hope Lynch can stand up and stay fit.

For me for now Riewoldt stays and we do what should have been done years ago we draft the best possible kpf in the nd x 2 and find if need be a journeyman like say Finlayson in f/a and if possible target a 24 25 yr old from the state leagues if possible.

If we had done this sort of thing when we should have three or 4 seasons ago then we would be in the position to give JR A GENTLE PUSH.But we havent and are in no position to push him anywhere.

He is smart and has much to offer even if only as a mentor.

100%. Laughable those who want to send him off. Edwards I get as he has fallen off a big cliff, but jack has earnt another year.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3832 on: July 18, 2022, 08:20:19 PM »
Agree. The kicking for goal was really annoying and cost us the game but if he kicks 6 goals 2 instead of 2 goals 6, he wins the game, we get the chocolates and he gets the girl aka coaches votes
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3833 on: July 18, 2022, 09:17:41 PM »
Probably a lot worse without Lynch around but I am finding Jack uncompetitive pretty much.

Could have managed 4-6 goals despite not being great in a wrestle, in the air etc but a measly 2.6 pffft.

Don't mind if he goes another year but fmd we need to find someone else this off season in a big way and no not effing dan mccrap from brispussy

Broadsword

« Reply #3834 on: July 19, 2022, 11:04:15 AM »
Something has changed, because he roved the pack at one stage and instead of looking for an option inside 50 (by hand or foot) he instantly and instinctively threw it onto his left foot for a banana goal (not even a drop punt on his preferred right) and it looked just awful. It looked selfish.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3835 on: July 27, 2022, 07:24:05 PM »
Hoping the “rumour” on air this morning about a tig8r hanging his boots up is just fluff.

Someone who called into the morning radio, so take it or leave it until it is confirmed or denied.

https://twitter.com/tiger_hype/status/1552070894373048322

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3836 on: July 27, 2022, 08:21:31 PM »
2 years in a row we've missed finals now.  No point in playing the 30+ players now.  We need to rebuild through the draft and development of our kids even if some of them aren't up to it.

Cotch, Jack and Shedda should all retire.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3837 on: July 27, 2022, 08:35:49 PM »
2 years in a row we've missed finals now.  No point in playing the 30+ players now.  We need to rebuild through the draft and development of our kids even if some of them aren't up to it.

Talk about develop, no better people to develop our youth than those mentioned. A further year each for mine.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #3838 on: July 27, 2022, 08:40:46 PM »

Haven't missed finals yet .. I've got a funny feeling

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #3839 on: July 27, 2022, 09:27:11 PM »

Talk about develop, no better people to develop our youth than those mentioned. A further year each for mine.
edwards going around again..? Love the guy but no.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"