Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 465389 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #3870 on: September 05, 2022, 06:47:46 AM »
The Tackle: Tigers lowball Jack, final word on Dusty talk

Jack Riewoldt has a call to make on a 17th season after a lowball contract offer from Richmond. And rivals have an easy decision to make on Dustin Martin.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/the-tackle-mark-robinsons-likes-and-dislikes-from-the-first-week-of-finals/news-story/b90f0cb5e436c348ca6034f4f82c225b

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3871 on: September 05, 2022, 07:54:16 AM »
Lowball? Jack will support the Club and play on next year on a smaller wage- no issues at all.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3872 on: September 05, 2022, 10:28:03 AM »
Jack's taken millions of dollars out of the club over the last 13 seasons.  If he is lucky enough to get another contract offer he should take whatever it is and shut the hell up.  Lowball!!! FMD

Slobbo has clearly been worded up by Jack and hence the comment.

Broadsword

« Reply #3873 on: September 05, 2022, 10:41:35 AM »
Jack's taken millions of dollars out of the club over the last 13 seasons.  If he is lucky enough to get another contract offer he should take whatever it is and shut the hell up.  Lowball!!! FMD

Bit of a stretch.

I trust in Jack until evidence to the contrary. I don't trust in Robbo until he sobers up (= never).

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3874 on: September 05, 2022, 04:46:57 PM »
The Herald Sun reported Riewoldt was likely to accept a “lowball offer” that would see him paid around $300,000 to play on in 2023.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/department-of-trade/afl-trade-news-rumours-whispers-2022-darcy-tucker-north-melbourne-jack-riewoldt-richmond-contract-offer-esava-ratugolea-gws-giants/news-story/65b40204092c7baa301dff6394f754db

-----------------

“Jack Riewoldt has an offer in place that will be on less money. The reason is because Tim Taranto will go to Richmond on up to a seven-year deal.

“Riewoldt hasn’t agreed yet. [He] is expected to but faces a significant pay cut, $300,000 a year is the figure that Mark Robinson’s referred to in the Herald Sun today.” - Tom Browne.

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-make-call-on-trent-cotchins-future-with-jacob-hopper-curveball-still-a-chance-to-trump-geelong-c-8126127

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #3875 on: September 05, 2022, 08:56:15 PM »
Dunno about anyone else but calling 300k lowball is pretty offensive.

300k is incredible money, I'd even guess to say it's not far off average wage for an AFL player whe. You take into account all the rookie contracts.
Go Tigers!

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3876 on: September 05, 2022, 10:55:03 PM »

What a bad take. Jack has more than earned his salary with his contributions to the club on and off the field. He has also turned down more lucrative offers throughout his career to stay at Richmond - freo and Essendon in the early to mid 2010’s come to mind. There was also the renegotiation of his contract in 2018 (rance and Cotchin also) to allow the club to fit in lynch.

Yes he’s been paid well over the years but to suggest he’s some money hungry man who’d be lucky to get another contract and should just take whatever’s handed to him is so far wide of the mark it’s not funny.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3877 on: September 06, 2022, 05:10:56 PM »
Maybe someone has an official source somewhere but I swear i read somewhere Selwood opted to take ~150-200K so the team can keep firing

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3878 on: September 06, 2022, 05:16:56 PM »
$300k is 5 times more than the average worker

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3879 on: September 06, 2022, 06:44:04 PM »
Jack Riewoldt interview coming up on 7news after the break.

'Jack says he's willing to make the sacrifice at Richmond' - Tim Watson.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3880 on: September 06, 2022, 06:52:29 PM »
Tim Watson - 'Jack happy to take a huge pay cut to stay at Richmond.'

7news saying it's a 50% pay cut ($300k).

Jack Riewoldt - 'I'm playing for the love of it. I'm not playing for they money. I want to play in a premiership.'

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3881 on: September 06, 2022, 07:02:39 PM »
Tim Watson - 'Jack happy to take a huge pay cut to stay at Richmond.'

7news saying it's a 50% pay cut ($300k).

Jack Riewoldt - "I'm playing for the love of it. I'm not playing for they money. I want to play in a premiership."

Love it

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3882 on: September 06, 2022, 07:02:55 PM »
Richmond has confirmed veteran midfielder Trent Cotchin will play on next year. And he'll be joined by Jack Riewoldt, who says he's happy to take a huge pay cut to stay at Punt Road.

Watch here: https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1567073118031839235

Jack Riewoldt - "I feel I've got another year to give. I'm not going to be asking for a two year contract, I can tell you that (laughs). More than likely I'll be playing. I don't know."

JR - "But that's just the reality of footy, you're getting old."

JR - "I'm not playing for money. I'm playing for the love. I'm playing to hopefully win another premiership."

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3883 on: September 06, 2022, 07:15:27 PM »
More on 9news:

Richmond veteran Jack Riewoldt is adamant money won't be a sticking point as he vows to play on next season.

Watch here: https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1567073465894686720

-----------

Before his exit meeting:

Braden Ingram - "Are financials possibly the sticking point between staying here and not?"

Jack Riewoldt - "I've made a lot of money playing football over sixteen years now. I feel very lucky and very fortunate to be in this position. That won't be any part in my decision really."

Braden Ingram - "Would you like to be here next year?"

Jack Riewoldt - "I love playing footy. I love playing footy for the Tiges. Wait and see."

After his exit meeting:

Braden Ingram - Emerging a couple of hours later the 33 year old's confidence had grown.

Jack Riewoldt - "Dimma asked me, 'how I was playing?'. I said pretty similar to the last 5 years. I think more than likely I'll be playing. I don't know. It's been really funny actually. It's been a bit weird."

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3884 on: September 06, 2022, 07:37:22 PM »
He confirmed on 360 that he’s agreed a deal for next season  :thumbsup