Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
They still kicked 100 points .....we're struggling to break 50.... :shh
Richmond Rant / Re: State of Umpiring [merged]
« Last post by Diocletian on Today at 05:00:12 PM »
Yeah well it's the world we live in now I'm afraid.....they're even talking about about banning headers in soccer now ffs..... :shh
« Last post by Andyy on Today at 04:21:27 PM »
I also think the AFL is going too far with the head contact + suspensions.

Given the earning potential of an AFL player (particularly the ones that 'make it' long term) I think they should be asked to sign a waiver that prevents them from suing the AFL or clubs for damages later in life.

Waivers don't hold up in court more often then not with this sort of thing though if the players can prove gross negligence or a breach of duty of care.... :shh

It's a contact sport.

Other than concussion protocols I don't see what else the AFL can do.

Suspending players for 'football incidents' isn't going to reduce concussions IMO.
Look at Geelong last night …. No key forwards , makeshift midfield missing key players …. Get 26 goals kicked on them .

« Last post by Diocletian on Today at 02:55:56 PM »

Given the earning potential of an AFL player (particularly the ones that 'make it' long term) I think they should be asked to sign a waiver that prevents them from suing the AFL or clubs for damages later in life.

Waivers don't hold up in court more often then not with this sort of thing though if the players can prove gross negligence or a breach of duty of care.... :shh
« Last post by Andyy on Today at 01:46:12 PM »

« Last post by Andyy on Today at 01:45:14 PM »
He is correct on all points.

Largely speaking the game is less interesting as a result.

Very true Andyy, I find that the vast majority of games are unwatchable. I start to watch a game, get bored with the lack of contests & hearing umpires saying "stand, stand,  stand". I either change the channel or turn the TV off & go watch paint dry or grass grow, which is far more exciting.

Yeah it's sad.

When I was a bachelor I would watch basically every game from Friday night, Sat PM, Sat night and Sunday.

Now sometimes I actually struggle to watch the Richmond games with much enthusiasm...

As a spectacle it's deteriorated significantly and I blame the rule changes.
« Last post by Hart4Jack on Today at 01:41:43 PM »
He is correct on all points.

Largely speaking the game is less interesting as a result.

Very true Andyy, I find that the vast majority of games are unwatchable. I start to watch a game, get bored with the lack of contests & hearing umpires saying "stand, stand,  stand". I either change the channel or turn the TV off & go watch paint dry or grass grow, which is far more exciting.
Richmond Rant / Re: Injury update 2024
« Last post by Andyy on Today at 01:23:47 PM »
We had a great run in 2017 for injuries. Some oppos have suggested we were kissed on the willy by fate.

2019 less so, but managed to get most players fit and firing after the bye.

Regardless there has been a severe drop in fitness and durability over the last few years. The clear link is Meehan.
Richmond Rant / Re: Marlion Pickett [merged]
« Last post by Andyy on Today at 01:16:23 PM »
He's on 87 games already.

Despite ageing and at times being questionable for our best 22 it would be quite negligent not to get him to 100 games, even if that means using him as the sub.

Any potential advantage we can get in the draft needs to be exploited as much as possible.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10